• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

I am going to make a statement Still Alive, to see how far apart we are.  Just tell me if you disagree with any of it.

I believe my KJV  Bible is the inerrant Word of God with no mistakes or contradictions.  If the KJV New Testament says something is right, it is right.  If it says something is wrong, it is wrong.  God dictated his words to us through human vessels.  The epistles are as relevant today as when they were written.  They are as mail to my church from God, and I should interpret them that way.  I don't need the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts to have perfection.   God preserved his Word perfectly in my KJV Bible.  

How far apart are we?

Well, it all rests on the first sentence, which I strongly disagree with. I was going to post a single example, but I just feel the need to turn on the fire hose here:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=errors+in+the+KJV

I feel pretty strongly about it.

Take out KJV and I agree with most of your sentences. I don't really like the phrase "God dictated", but agree with the general point whoever wrote that is trying to make. I also don't think you need to understand the original greek and Hebrew to "have" perfection. In fact, that word needs a more clear context. I "have" Christ (i.e. I am in him and he is in me). I don't even need a bible for that, though I need to hear the good news and accept his free gift.

1 minute ago, Butero said:

Finding so-called errors in the KJV Bible is nonsense to me.  I pick that stuff apart all the time.  I can show none are mistakes.  I have been debating this topic for decades.  I feel very strong about that.

So it sounds like we disagree on that. ;)

BTW, you used my line. Good one! :)

Edited by Still Alive

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

When it comes to the truth, you don't put a price or time limit on it. People's eternities depend upon whether they can trust Scripture or not, and so far, all I have seen out of you in this topic is to insinuate that we cannot trust Scripture.

Of course the Scriptures can be trusted.  But to take the opinion that three or four people's accounts of exactly the same incident will all say only the very same words is absurd.  And we all know this is proven to be the case in many places throughout the Bible.  It is still exactly the same today when any group of people give their individual recollections of a specific occurrence.

So, what is the big deal with that?

39 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

When it comes to the truth, you don't put a price or time limit on it. People's eternities depend upon whether they can trust Scripture or not, and so far, all I have seen out of you in this topic is to insinuate that we cannot trust Scripture.

Everybody thinks they have a sense of humor, but not everybody really does. ;)

Regarding your last line, keep reading. :D

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Willie T said:

It very definitely was directed right at several of you.  I couldn't care less about how dogmatically you like to cling to POV's.  I was trying to show that it is not just God who sees the vitriol you guys spit, but that honest new people seeking truth are also exposed to this nonsense, and they might go away thinking that THIS anger and animosity is actually what "Worthy" Christians feel is God's work.

Banned from thread for above comment.

I've been watching a lecture and thought it was an excellent one to share here. It's youtube, so to comply with rules, I'll just give the title so you can search yourself. It's almost two hours long and pretty detailed. Many will find it interesting. It is quite enlightening.

Search in YouTube, "How Badly Has the Bible Been Corrupted - Daniel Wallace"

The title may be misleading. :)