• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I've often said my life since 2001 reminds me of the old Twilight Zone. While some of you know exactly what I mean many of you are a few years too young. Today you can find out. A channel called "Decades" is running the Twilight Zone all day. I already saw 1 like my life, minus the female robot. It was about loneliness.

I use an antenna and Decades is ch 2-2, I have no idea what it is on cable systems. Some are good but others stink. If you watch it I hope you enjoy some.

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Based on the episodes i've seen of Twilight Zone, it makes me curious as to what you mean. Did you smash a colony of small alien people only to have a giant alien man come along and smash you? When you went on your first flight, was there something on the wing?

For those who do have cable, near as I know, Syfy does play Twilight Zone every great once in a while. Not all the time; I don't know if it's certain days or not. Typically only in the wee early hours of the morning, though, so a recorder would be handy. 

• Haha 2

I dare say you haven't seen many of the old Twilight Zones. You're also fairly new to the board so I doubt you know me. (but I'm so tempted to say yes I smashed a world of tiny aliens LOL) Several TZ episodes followed a theme where a man wakes up and his whole world has changed, he's the only one who remembers. This must be a semi famous idea because Rod Sterling used it several times. At 8 am something similar was on. Three astronauts return from a perilous mission. Remember this was written in 1961 and I missed the first few minutes. The 3 astronauts are put in a hospital but 1 of them thinks they weren't supposed to survive. Nevertheless they did or did they. Over the next week each man disappears and only the other astronauts remember there were 3. At the end the ship had never made it back at all, but no one remembers.

In the last 18 years my life has often seemed like Sy Fy and something along these lines. But it's just a TV show.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Praying for you brother.  I loved that show by the way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

All classical music was modern music, in it's day. The Twilight Zone was an all new "outer limits" type show. It made you think about the unknown. I remember liking it. Though corny by today's standard,  back then it was cool. I can still enjoy it.
I remember an episode when the ugly people were considered normal (good looking), and the beautiful people were considered to be ugly. Weird. Today, the world seems to be more and more like, The Twilight Zone (Calling evil good, and good, evil)

indexm.jpg.70be9b833ec775551f137962ad5c7ec2.jpg

You got a lot a friends here, JTC. Don't forget that!

• Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

All classical music was modern music, in it's day. The Twilight Zone was an all new "outer limits" type show. It made you think about the unknown. I remember liking it. Though corny by today's standard,  back then it was cool. I can still enjoy it.
I remember an episode when the ugly people were considered normal (good looking), and the beautiful people were considered to be ugly. Weird. Today, the world seems to be more and more like, The Twilight Zone (Calling evil good, and good, evil)

indexm.jpg.70be9b833ec775551f137962ad5c7ec2.jpg

You got a lot a friends here, JTC. Don't forget that!

Hey Gary, that episode was on about 10 pm last night. That episode scared the daylights out of me especially since I was only 10. Although, from what I remember it scared my mother and Aunt too.

I've had it on all day and the one episode that reminds me most of what has happened to me wasn't on. It's just as well. Btw Gary, the Twilight Zone came first then a few yrs later the Outer Limits hit the tube. The Outer Limits was more Sy-Fy oriented and IMO not as good.

Well as long as I'm alive my life may still change. I've realized God doesn't like me asking for death. I'm okay with that I just need to know what He wants me to do. There are no born again churches I can get to without a car, but there are 2 or 3 Catholic churches. Ever since grammar school I was involved with people of other faiths. Back then they were Jewish. A woman in my Doc's office just asked me if any Christian or Catholic churches are near me. Maybe God wants me to go talk to a Catholic priest? I never do because I don't want to argue. Maybe there's a priest who needs to speak to me, maybe we can both learn. I doubt the average priest runs into many men like me. God does work in mysterious ways.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I watched Twilight Zone when I was a kid.   I do see it's on a regular channel here late at night.  I don't have cable either, don't want the expense.  I don't watch the old shows now but tonight I did watch Alfred Hitchcock and it was very funny.

About going to the Catholic churches since they are near you, I guess you could go to listen to the sermon and the hymns, etc.   As long as you remember they have unScriptural teachings.    It depends on how good a sermon the priest gives....you might want to visit each church.  Here in Los Angeles, I've heard a few sermons by priests that were good.

If the priest can accept you not being Catholic and not wanting to be, that's good.   If he wants you to convert back, then that's not good, of course.

I don't know the situation back East now with the Catholic Church....are they still rigid or would they simply accept you as a Christian?

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

As believers our lives can be hard to explain sometimes.....the Lord leads us through many things, including through living nightmares and twilight zones.  The dry and lonely wilderness times can be hard to endure, and we need patience and perseverence, and keep trusting the Lord.  It's kind of a transitional time right now, the church here in the west is falling away and we have fled it to take refuge and be nourished in the wilderness, and prepare for His coming and all that entails.  We need to resist the temptation to be unequally yoked with unbelievers due to a lack of fellowship elsewhere.  It is the Lord we need above anything else and He is not found in any of the dead churches, because He left those places.  Moreover it can be dangerous and give you a false sense of comfort, and lull you to sleep.....if you are not specifically sent by the Lord to a Catholic church (or any other church) to be an ambassador for the gospel there, then He has not gone before you and you wont' have His protection from the spirits that live there....and remember what evil and perilous days these are due to the falling away and with Antichrist about to be revealed soon.

Be encouraged JTC.....just keep seeking the Lord and fellowship with Him in prayer and in His word....be like Simeon and Anna in the temple awaiting the coming of Christ.  He is working on our hearts, and when we are ready and the time is ripe, He will start to gather His people again, probably in time of persecution.  Even the loneliness is crucifying more of our carnal nature and teaching us to rely on Him more.  I'm not young anymore either and whether things wrap up while we are still here or not, being prepared for the return of Jesus  is the same as being prepared to meet Him when we die, so it's all good.  :)

• Thanks 1

I've known some Catholics that put most evangelicals to shame in regards to how well they live Jesus in their lives. If this wasn't true I wouldn't I wouldn't even consider going to speak to 1 of the priests. I may or may not try it. I was going in a CC some 12 yrs ago and 1 Sunday I noticed something. I was reading some of the free literature when I noticed many are about doing Novenas. I novena is a lot like what we call, "putting out a fleece". I was told this is wrong and it may well be. I assume most of you believe we are born with immortal souls? If so can you give me any scripture that says this? I can't find any so I'm thinking the immortal soul is an idea that came from the pagans, more specifically, I bet it's a Greek idea. I got the idea, from the Bible, that most of us are born with mortal souls. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

49 minutes ago, JTC said:

I've known some Catholics that put most evangelicals to shame in regards to how well they live Jesus in their lives. If this wasn't true I wouldn't I wouldn't even consider going to speak to 1 of the priests. I may or may not try it.

This is not surprising.. If one is in a religion that believes that ones eternal destination is based on their performance at being a good person and living up to the level of righteousness of Jesus then you can be sure they will do their absolute best to be as good as they can be..  But if a person believes their salvation is secured by their personal performance in being good enough and doing good works then they are in big big trouble...

• Praise God! 1