• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Can I help? What question(s) do you have for me?

Thank you for asking, I need to make a respectful inquiry. 

"Christians receive haveanly corection in this life" , 

This is the same as a parent quiding his children in their walk in this life, as to have the benefit of the correction in this life.

What good whould that do to them if the correction is made after they leave this world?

This is my inquiry:

As the example of the earthly parent, the rewards for following the parent in this world is given as soon as the child complies with the instruction.

Your comments about receiving the rewards not at the same time or imediadly or just about after  the compliance is seems to be in conflict with the need to give recognition and hand out gifts to the achivers. 

In an another example which is known to you, 

Not just an example from the scriptures, but from general understanding. 

Don't we all receive our marks, and graduations and gifts at the due time? 

And we look forwards to the next graduation? 

Is it not the same as in the example of the good stewards? 

Your statement:

"In the next life", it seems to be at odds with the general principals of fairness, and fair treatment. 

Hope that you may reconsidered. 

Even with the steward with the one talent, 

He was expecting a reward as well. 

At he had to be inform at the due time....

In this life we get more chances . 

We are not beyond re-education. 

GB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

Thank you. Hebrews 12 describes earthly correction.

Other passages parse how born agains have received salvation by trusting Jesus Christ. In Heaven, some will have additional rewards, for example the crowns for witnessing, serving well as an elder, etc.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

Thank you. Hebrews 12 describes earthly correction.

Other passages parse how born agains have received salvation by trusting Jesus Christ. In Heaven, some will have additional rewards, for example the crowns for witnessing, serving well as an elder, etc.

This statement is not clear, 

"How born again

have received Salvation

by trusting Jesus Christ",

A reader may be wondering about; 

"What is born again",

(the same a Nicodemus was)

"Have received Salvation", 

That may have many too many meanings, and it is use by all nations of the world, by nations from the begining of this world. 

"by trusting Jesus Christ", 

The word "trust" includes the element of uncertainty, doubt and other and that of weaknesses and also betrayals. 

Also is subject to chance, if everything turns out as we have foresee it. 

And the identity of those who were Saved is needed to see if they were from the old T, before the Old T, and at the time of the transition from the OT to the NT. or from the NT without the need of the OT. 

YCF 

Wants to know how you think...

32 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

This statement is not clear, 

"How born again

have received Salvation

by trusting Jesus Christ",

A reader may be wondering about; 

"What is born again",

(the same a Nicodemus was)

"Have received Salvation", 

That may have many too many meanings, and it is use by all nations of the world, by nations from the begining of this world. 

"by trusting Jesus Christ", 

The word "trust" includes the element of uncertainty, doubt and other and that of weaknesses and also betrayals. 

Also is subject to chance, if everything turns out as we have foresee it. 

And the identity of those who were Saved is needed to see if they were from the old T, before the Old T, and at the time of the transition from the OT to the NT. or from the NT without the need of the OT. 

YCF 

Wants to know how you think...

Thank you, sincerely. As a Jew, I knew lifelong how "Christians" slaughtered Jews and oppressed entire nations. All Born Agains who've trusted Jesus for salvation are Christians, but not all "Christians" are saved, born again.

The Greek word usually translated believe and faith in English means "trust". Trust for salvation is a one-time act, a transference of trust for eternal life from oneself, one's own works/goodness/deeds, to Jesus only.

I've already trusted God, therefore I'm saved, not "going to hope to be someday saved". I try to never use jargon in evangelism. There is no need, if you think about it, to use loaded words like belief, faith, repentance and many other words and concepts when witnessing. "Do you think you can get to Heaven by good deeds? You must trust what Jesus did for you on the cross, death by torture for our sin, guilt and shame, and His resurrection, you must place your trust in Jesus today, to be saved."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

Hello, good to know that you are a Jew, I leave in a neighbourhood where in very close proximity to my home are a few dozens of Synagogues. 

I am Greek ! 

So nice to meet you. 

I am on the way to work now, till next time.

When I say I don't agree with everything you said does not mean I oppose the message in principal, but only by the way it was put forwards. 

Till next time, looking forwards.

Salom BB, I just got a call, to take the day off, 

There is something I have to say that the word "pisteuo" in Geek is the word "believe" in English, so there is an English word for the Greek word "pisteuo". 

The way to approch this substitution of words, is to take into account that by using the word "trust", instant of believe, and an attempt is made to distinguish the specific group of believers who all of them have Jesus as their Patriarch, and who some have come to understand that because of who Jesus is and why he subjected him self to the Cross, that he is the Redeemer and the Judge of all, sitted on the Throne of God, God having given everything to him, and know that they are co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus Christ. 

They have enter their rest in this matter. 

In comparison to other believers who do not have enter this day of rest, and are labouring to earn what already is theirs, a Heavenly inheritance. 

(And there is the group of cold believers), (which Jesus loves, for a number of reasons, they do not forbit their children to believe, because they are not atheist, and have not given themselfs to a particular denomination. and the other reason why they are loved by Jesus is they do not promote doctrinal interest that seek to earn the Heavenly Promish Land, together with faith in Jesus and their own contributions. 

The faith is in the heart, and often is hidden or is not seen in the action of the individual. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, Tyler S. said:

So in Revelations 20:13 it says “and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had DONE.” And in the second chapter of James we are told that “faith without works is dead (useless).” It seems to me though, that many other verses of the Bible directly contradict this. Like what about Ephesians 2:8-9 and Romans 3:28 where we’re told that slavation and justification does NOT come through us or even what we DO...but is a free gift from Christ and God (separate from the law). I know that God wants us to do our best to live a good life, though he knows in advance we’ll fall short, so how can we be judged for what we’ve DONE if we ALL fall short? Surely...all aren’t damned right? I must be misinterpreting something here and any answers and advice are welcome. Thank you!  

Romans 10:9 says, "If you declare, 'Jesus is savior,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." What this means is that as long as you recognize that Christ died for you, your salvation in heaven is assured. We as Christians should always try to live a good Christian life (do good works like charity), but the key to salvation is faith.

Edited by ambc
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/13/2018 at 4:39 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Salom BB, I just got a call, to take the day off, 

There is something I have to say that the word "pisteuo" in Geek is the word "believe" in English, so there is an English word for the Greek word "pisteuo". 

The way to approch this substitution of words, is to take into account that by using the word "trust", instant of believe, and an attempt is made to distinguish the specific group of believers who all of them have Jesus as their Patriarch, and who some have come to understand that because of who Jesus is and why he subjected him self to the Cross, that he is the Redeemer and the Judge of all, sitted on the Throne of God, God having given everything to him, and know that they are co-heirs of Heaven together with Jesus Christ. 

They have enter their rest in this matter. 

In comparison to other believers who do not have enter this day of rest, and are labouring to earn what already is theirs, a Heavenly inheritance. 

(And there is the group of cold believers), (which Jesus loves, for a number of reasons, they do not forbit their children to believe, because they are not atheist, and have not given themselfs to a particular denomination. and the other reason why they are loved by Jesus is they do not promote doctrinal interest that seek to earn the Heavenly Promish Land, together with faith in Jesus and their own contributions. 

The faith is in the heart, and often is hidden or is not seen in the action of the individual. 

Something to consider, my friend:

Is it how strong or warm my faith is or how powerful the cross is? I'm guilty, Jesus died, innocent, for my guilt.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Something to consider, my friend:

Is it how strong or warm my faith is or how powerful the cross is? I'm guilty, Jesus died, innocent, for my guilt.

Think of it, Jesus said:

Don't you know, if the Son of Man does not die he cannot enter in his glory.....

There is a question that I need to ask you, 

In Esaias 9:3, it says:

"You have increase the people, but you have not increase their joy", 

Could you please tell me how you understand the meaning of this scripture....

The same verse in Hebrew has an alternate reading, "Has increased their joy".