• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

James was writing to the twelve tribes as he stated in the first verse of his letter......he is not addressing the Body Of Christ and he never does....read James for wisdom, but not for doctrine.....that assignment was given to Paul.......All the Bible is Truth and is “ for” us. That does not mean it is “ to” us.

Hello,

Where does it say in the Bible some, not all, of God's Word is able to help us with doctrine? The Bible says the opposite.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/4/2018 at 9:27 PM, Tyler S. said:

Ah, thank you for helping clear that up! It was troubling me ?. I suppose it wouldn’t make sense for God to gift us forgiveness and salvation through the blood of Christ (should we choose to accept it) and then go BACK on that and judge us for what we do in works. Thank you! I definitly misinterpreted Rev: 20. It can be hard to understand revelations. 

Hello Tyler S.!

See the two greatest commandments in my signature below. Focus on those when you feel confused and you're protected forever!

Cheers Brother!:)

Edited by RockyMidnight
typo
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/10/2018 at 8:24 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Hello,

Where does it say in the Bible some, not all, of God's Word is able to help us with doctrine? The Bible says the opposite.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:24 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Hello,

2tim3:16.......paraphrasing here.....all scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for doctrine,correction and instruction......there are different instructions for different people and different times.The Book Of Levitucus is full of directions and doctrine that was great for a Jewish man living in the Age of Law.What was essential and profitable for him has nothing to do with the current day Believer in the Age of Grace—-I do not plan to offer animal sacrifices when I sin.There are not enough farmers around here to keep me supplied with the demand I would create for goats and bulls.

You are making my point for us both! You are emphasizing that the NT taught you to have correct doctrine (the Mosaic Law is for the Jewish people to keep, and salvation is not brokered by it).

Likewise, the whole of the Bible is for our correct doctrine, which is why I asked where in the Bible it says James isn't for us, but for a people group who are not born again Christians.

Perhaps we should define “ doctrine”. I am referring to our instructions concerning salvation of the Body of Christ in the current Age of Grace.The Pauline Epistles are where we find this information.Pauls “ my Gospel”, given to him by Christ is what saves in the Age Of Grace and it won’t be found  in the Epistles of James, Peter or John.That is not a criticism of that trio.They all have tons of good stuff that we need to know— but Jesus chose Paul to be His  messager to reveal the Mysteries kept hidden by God for millennia—- the church,the rapture, salvation by grace for gentiles,etc

Apologies for any confusion caused by me....I am heavily medicated....lol

22 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Perhaps we should define “ doctrine”. I am referring to our instructions concerning salvation of the Body of Christ in the current Age of Grace.The Pauline Epistles are where we find this information.Pauls “ my Gospel”, given to him by Christ is what saves in the Age Of Grace and it won’t be found  in the Epistles of James, Peter or John.That is not a criticism of that trio.They all have tons of good stuff that we need to know— but Jesus chose Paul to be His  messager to reveal the Mysteries kept hidden by God for millennia—- the church,the rapture, salvation by grace for gentiles,etc

Apologies for any confusion caused by me....I am heavily medicated....lol

No problem at all, but I'm positive I can think quickly of multiple verses in both testaments demonstrating that the whole of the 66 books are meant for doctrine, too.

Yes.....there is plenty of doctrine throughout the Bible, but how much is directed to the relatively new  “ Body of Christ” .This is the group I am concerned with, seeing as to how this is where you and I are now.This group of Gospel Believing Christians was a secret known only to God until it was revealed to Paul by Christ.Anything before Acts  would not be aware of this Body and some claim that the Books written beyond Philemon were written with future Tribulation Age Jewish Believers in mind.You won’t find Paul’s “ my Gospel” in any of them.So while these Books are great for instruction, etc they are not to be used for our Doctrine.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:16 PM, Yowm said:

Rev 20 is a judgment of the unsaved. They will be judged as they spurned the free gift of righteousness offered through Jesus.

James is saying that true faith will produce good works, it is not describing how we are justified by faith apart from works as Paul describes.

That should have killed the thread. Question answered, succinctly and accurately.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/6/2018 at 9:42 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Over 150 NT verses have a variant of "Trust Jesus for salvation".

James 2 is referring to witnessing. Replacing "faith" with "witnessing faith" in James 2, and you'll get it!

God will judge believers for rewards and unbelievers for punishment in the next world. Christians receive heavenly correction when they sin--here. Read Hebrews 12 to understand this principle. Pray to Jesus for sound doctrine.

38 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Can I help? What question(s) do you have for me?

• Thanks 1