• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/07/1986

I'm a lukewarm believer as I say....( sorry not good in english and expressing the word i want to say). As I go to church I cant ignore looking and noticing people inside the church, like what they're wearing. What are the right clothes to wear, and does it matter to God?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, and welcome to the Forums, may it serve as a blessing for you and to us as well.

Clothing customs? I'd say in general God is more concerned with your heart and your spirit and soul than your attire.

Your attire however does convey to other people a message and so it may be best to dress modestly in a humble manner for the sake of others more than for the approval of God.

There is guidance along that line in the Bible, guidance to keep oneself modest and humble. What modest and humble is seems to be different within varying cultures, so I will refrain  from sharing specifics from here as to what coveys modesty at Malaysia.

May God greatly bless you and make you comfortable in your church where He leads you to attend to Honor and praise Him.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,153
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God looks at the heart and we can only see the outward fruit of activity...
1343013213_welcomebrushgreybluecoonhandsabovelowestsize245.jpg.7a4257d4c6c71d7a20c7e76b2544f554.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

4 hours ago, BluegreenADA said:

I'm a lukewarm believer as I say....( sorry not good in english and expressing the word i want to say). As I go to church I cant ignore looking and noticing people inside the church, like what they're wearing. What are the right clothes to wear, and does it matter to God?

This is a problem that's almost impossible to avoid in America.  Nevertheless, this doesn't make it right. Clothes don't matter to God unless you mean to not dress sexy. We are told "God is not a respecter of persons". To God a $100 suit and the $500 suit don't influence how He sees you. I live in a seaside community and as of 2 weeks ago some girls started walking around with just their swimsuit on. So even after 40 yrs, BlueGreenADA, I have to make an effort not to stare at a semi nude body. That alone doesn't make you lukewarm. In time the lack of clothes will bother you less.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, BluegreenADA said:

It does not matter to God.. Rags or Silk.. God is looking at the person not the cloths..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

The right church loves you without your wearing "the right clothes". But in general, dress modestly, not to be vain or to show off your body in the congregation.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

welcome to Worthy, Bluegreen.  One of the things we need to do in church and elsewhere is to humble ourselves before God.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.  So our clothes should reflect our hearts.  I try not to call attention to myself by my clothes.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  179
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

9 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Clothing customs? I'd say in general God is more concerned with your heart and your spirit and soul than your attire.

I disagree with this statement.  

I would say God is more concerned with the 'person' more than the 'heart of the person'.  I might have an acceptable 'heart, spirit and soul' with God but if my 'person' is not acceptable, example being long hair on men for instance, I might not be completely being 'truthful' to The LORD in the walk and life with Him. 

1 Corinthians 11:14  "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"  

My 'heart, spirit and soul' might be acceptable to God but what if a man should have 'long hair' while having a 'heart, spirit, soul' which is acceptable? 

and for this reason and other similar reasons, The Apostle James says, 'My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.'  - James 3:1

in other words, don't seek to be a 'teacher' if you are unsure of what you are teaching.  'My brethren, be not many masters knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation'.

Who was The Apostle James referring to when he says 'we shall receive the greater condemnation'?  Who is this 'we'?  It is the Apostles of course.  That which they wrote down, that which they taught, having received the Words of Christ directly from Christ Jesus, they warn against becoming 'teachers' especially if the new 'teachers' are going to teach contrary to what The Apostles taught and wrote.  They, the original Apostles, will receive the 'greater condemnation' for their 'disciples' not keeping in line with what they were taught as well as the new 'teachers' which teach contrary to The Holy Scriptures. 

According to the World Christian Encyclopedia, there are around 33 thousand different Christian Denominations in the world.  33,000.  Thirty three thousand .. different Christian denominations... And within each denomination, there are probably many 'churches'.  And each 'teaching' what they 'think' is correct to The Holy Bible. 

http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/a106.htm

These 33,000 are subdivided into "6 major ecclesiastico-cultural mega-blocs", and ordering them by denomination size we have (I am rounding up or down slightly for convenience, using year 2000 figures) :

Of course, Church 'stuff' is not concerning to non Church 'people' so this sort of stuff doesn't really 'phase' any non believer.  But Church is the foundation upon which every Country stands.  Otherwise known as 'rock of ages'. 

Isaiah 51:1  "Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."

Without righteousness, a Nation or Country, cannot nor will be able to remain 'standing' for very long.   But again, National political 'choices' are somewhat 'different' that Church.  Why?  Because Governments are not supposed to be as Church members nor are Church members supposed to be as Government members.  They both have their own independent 'roles and duties' within a Country.  The main thing with both is that they are supposed to 'do' in Truth and righteousness and not in smooth talkings or teaching or receiving 'false' things. 

Hence, 'Righteousness'.  

And it's for this reason that many become as 'strays' and wander off the path of 'righteousness'.  Because the leaders, in either Government or Church, do not 'do' in Truth and righteousness but rather 'smooth talk' and teach and receive 'false' things. 

Just the other day, I saw a man riding his bicycle with nothing on but blue underwear and flip flops, or slippers.  The more bizarre thing though was that noone on the sidewalks or in the cars, or anywhere, was saying anything 'contrary' to his strange bike ride.  

From how I grew up and how I was taught, riding around or walking around a public crowded area in nothing but your skimpies was considered inappropriate and almost 'degrading' to self as well as to the others. 

If laws and customs are being changed or are going to be changed, at least a formal notice of the 'change(s)' could be beneficial for the general public who would be appreciative of such notices which would give them an opportunity to gauge their 'future' with more planning and preparations within these new 'laws and customs'.  

Edited by delade3
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Thank u for welcoming Madam/Sir. I truly want to know and seek everything about Jesus. But because of some circumstances I can't focus to God. Thats why I search for something like this that I can voiceout my thoughts and concern and maybe a start for me to focus Only to God not to wordly things.

Is their any live sermon here where I can hear a message from God. I want to feel like I'm in a church. I work as a maid and we dont have day off to be able for me to go to a Sunday service or church service. So I'm desperate to start change my life rather than keep sulking or in sorrow. I want to have a peaceful and cheerful spirit.