IGNORED

What is your point of view on Romans 9:31-33 ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

What is your point of view on  Romans 9:31-33 ?

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,251
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

Hello.you might want to post this in maybe General section? because this is the welcome area.Agape

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Fellowship of the Unashame said:

31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 32Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

33As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Hello Fellowship of the Unashame!

Welcome!. Please take Shanee's advise, as you will get many more responses in a thread devoted to a specific topic than you will get here in the Welcome thread.

In fact, I'll look for it and comment when you post it.

Cheers!:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

15 hours ago, Fellowship of the Unashame said:

Gentiles found Jesus and received salvation (righteousness, cleansing from sin) by faith (trusting Jesus alone for salvation).

My Jewish people were/are attempting to find righteousness by works (good deeds, following Mosaic laws, following talmudic practice, etc.)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

‘What shall we say then? 
That the Gentiles, 
which followed not after righteousness, 
have attained to righteousness, 
even the righteousness which is of faith.
But Israel
which followed after the law of righteousness, 
hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Wherefore? 
Because they sought it not by faith, 
but as it were by the works of the law. 
For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
As it is written, 
Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: 
and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.’

(Rom 9:30-33)

@Fellowship of the Unashame

Welcome! Good question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

17 hours ago, Fellowship of the Unashame said:

The Jews ended up believing that attained eternity with God by complying with the Law.. 

The Gentiles where given the truth that salvation was attained by believing Jesus and trusting in the Atonement He secured for their salvation..

The law was never a way to eternity with God.. The law was a tool to show people why they needed a Redeemer and why they could not attain eternity with God by their own efforts..

The law revealed that the Jews where all sinners..

The Grace of God revealed to Gentiles ( and to the Jews who did believe ) that they where all forgiven sinners..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/5/2018 at 5:55 PM, Fellowship of the Unashame said:

Hi, Point of view? The statement is a transition point in the presentation by Paul under inspiration of a God about God's plan for Israel which is taken up from the opening of  what we call chapter nine on through chapter 11.

Paul has stated the condition of Israel, has discussed the doctrine of election and now shifts to personal responsibility that no one is elected  to not receive Christ Jesus as Lord. Israel has followed after the law of righteousness, but has not attained righteousness. At Paul's time the gentiles were in general not interested in rightousness, yet they were opn to the gospel of Jesus, while the Jews  his kinsmen, were closed to it.

From that transition point he goes on to share of God's plan for Israel.

That's my "take".

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

According to Romans 9:31-33, I think we can not earn God plan just like these people, trying to get right with God by keeping  his laws. We may think that Church attendance, church work, giving offerings and being nice will be enough, after all we have played by the rules, haven't we? But Paul words sting this approach never succeeds. Paul explains that God plan is not for those who try to earn his favour  by being good. Its for those who realize they can never be good enough and so must depend on Christ. Only by putting our faith in what Jesus Christ has done will we be saved. If we do that, we will never be disappointed (Ashamed )

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Rom 11:25  For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Rom 11:26  And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "THE DELIVERER WILL COME OUT OF ZION, AND HE WILL TURN AWAY UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB;

Rom 11:27  FOR THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

Rom 11:28  Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers.

Rom 11:29  For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Rom 11:30  For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,

Rom 11:31  even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.

Rom 11:32  For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great