Relationship advice

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone I’m new here. I became a Christian about a week ago. How it happened was actually an amazing story but will save that for another time. Anyways I have repented and vowed to live a life through Christ. I have a boyfriend and we were actually married at one time but now divorced and trying to work things out. Question: can him and I still be intimate? He says we are still married in the eyes of god. Or do we have to be married again for that? I do NOT want to mess up my repentance and salvation for anything or anybody! Any helpful advice would be appreciated! Btw me and my boyfriend do not live together! Ty 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

If you are legally divorced you are NOT still married in God's eyes.  That he would suggest such a thing indicates he is not a strong Christian if one at all.  You need to stay apart and become grounded in the Scriptures right now.  I would advise waiting at least a year to even think about whether it is God's will for you.  You need to find an older woman who has served God for many years to disciple you.  A small group Bible study might also help.  Read the New Testament, especially the Gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John, many times and get to know Jesus and His love for you through the Bible.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

Hi Willa and yowm! Thank you for the advice I didn’t think that sounded right what he had told me! Ty so much 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  64

Welcome to Worthy!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

7CIv.gif.ec985373d2cac91bb28e67d99314fe2d.gif Star9799:36:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Star9799 said:

Hello everyone I’m new here. I became a Christian about a week ago. How it happened was actually an amazing story but will save that for another time. Anyways I have repented and vowed to live a life through Christ. I have a boyfriend and we were actually married at one time but now divorced and trying to work things out. Question: can him and I still be intimate? He says we are still married in the eyes of god. Or do we have to be married again for that? I do NOT want to mess up my repentance and salvation for anything or anybody! Any helpful advice would be appreciated! Btw me and my boyfriend do not live together! Ty 

Welcome Star9799! Since you've already received a sriptuirally based answer, let me just say welcome to this forum. Looking forward to seeing you grow in your new life in Christ!

Cheers!!!:) 

Thank you everyone! Glad to be here! ?

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Star9799 said:

Hi Star,

Welcome and great to hear that you are now looking to the Lord. Love to hear your testimony, when you have time to write it.

all the best, Marilyn.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Welcome.

We often put burdens on each other that are NOT the ways of the Lord. Some 'legal' papers often really mean nothing. What matters is the Heart of the Lord. What does He say about this, bearing in mind that He is quite used to the pit-falls of a fallen humanity? He is far more forgiving than most humans!!

You would do well to find a GOOD GODLY pastor that is grounded in the Lord's Ways and has understanding of the Deep Things of God. Submit yourselves to this leader, and see how he directs you.

Try to remember to acknowledge the Lord and believe that He will direct your paths.

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

I notice that your ex-husband if we can still called him your ex-husband since you have resumed a consensual relationship with him, and I realy do not know the everything about it. 

brought up the question " in the eyes of God",

what is the meaning "in the eyes of God"? 

To him what is the meaning "in the eyes of God", what does he realy looks forwards to? 

There is "divorce", and there is "seperation" . 

Perhaps it is the time for re-evaluation where does this relationship it has to go. 

There also common-law and secret relationships, 

Is he married to someone elses? 

Has he promise anything to someone elses, does he have unfinished relationship with someone elses? 

Many questions to be look into it. 

I am not telling anyone what to do, That does not involved me, I have to be very careful. 

It is someone's elses life, not mine.