• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/5/2018 at 9:16 PM, Star9799 said:

Hello everyone I’m new here. I became a Christian about a week ago. How it happened was actually an amazing story but will save that for another time. Anyways I have repented and vowed to live a life through Christ. I have a boyfriend and we were actually married at one time but now divorced and trying to work things out. Question: can him and I still be intimate? He says we are still married in the eyes of god. Or do we have to be married again for that? I do NOT want to mess up my repentance and salvation for anything or anybody! Any helpful advice would be appreciated! Btw me and my boyfriend do not live together! Ty 

My wife and I will be shortly celebrating our 35th anniversary.  Speaking from experience, one of the most important things in a relationship is spiritual compatibility.    I think a more fundamental question is if this is going to be a healthy long term relationship for both of you and how best to proceed so that it will be a healthy long term relationship.  

Right now, I cannot imagine life without my wife.  That's not to say things have always been rosy.  We've had our nights where we each slept on the farthest edge of the bed from each other.  But we each get along well with each other's families, we have supportive friends, and we have a common outlook on life and similar priorities in life.  We've also taken the effort to learn as much as we can about things that help marriages work.  A few good books that we've found insightful are "His Needs, Her Needs" by Willard Harley, "For Women Only" and "For Men Only" by Shanti Feldhahn, the DVD series "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" by Mark Gungor.

I'd recommend considering talking to an experienced pastor or christian counselor.  You are dealing with a few huge things right now at the same time, learning to walk with Christ as a new Christian and trying to rebuild a marriage.  Both are challenging on their own let alone both at once.  Being part of a good church, joining a women's small group, bible study, or prayer group probably would be helpful.  You don't want to try to do this on your own.  There are many people out there who've walked a similar path willing to share their experiences.

• Thumbs Up 1