IGNORED

So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, NOONE7 said:
14 hours ago, Brother Duke said:

Could this be the word of God as in the recorded words of the Bible, when it is lower case 'w'.  As the Word of God when the W is capitalized, then is a reference for being Jesus. Perhaps?  Like John 1:1 but when it is lowered case, it is perhaps meant to be the words of the Bible.    Let me know what you think.

They are both based on the same Greek word Logos.  We talk about the Holy Spirit a lot but we do not talk about the Word of God.  I know that Christ is also referred to as the Arm of God.   Another area nobody touches is the 7 Spirits of God that Christ holds.

Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Zech 3:1 And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Zech 3:9 For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

There is just so much unknown I just do not like to put God in a box because a council of men 1700 years ago think they had God and his Son all figured out.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 7/6/2018 at 6:48 PM, 1to3 said:

So, there is this person on the internet claiming to be a Jewish christian saying  because of this verse it confirms that Christ the promised messiah was -is-not God and that it is a blaspheme to call Christ Jesus God.

I would like to know how would you explain to them the meaning of

Luke 18:19 :So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

As a Jewish Christian, I ask you to be patient with Jewish believers who authentically struggle with accepting Jesus as part of the godhead. It is a sin in modern Judaism to say God is a trinity or tri-unity.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 7/6/2018 at 8:48 PM, 1to3 said:

Hi brother Duke The verses that you gave and that would be presented to the Jewish man who thinks he is a christian but does not believe that Christ is God,may very well use your verses to defend his point of view that we like Christ can find God, but that does not make Christ God.

And the last verse saying i am in the Father and the Father in me, can be easily used  by some to defend why Christ was not God as god is in everybody and everybody is in  God.

I m really looking for a substantial explanation to explain  Luke 18:19

I hope if not you somebody can give a good scriptural defense as to what Christ Jesus said and meant when He said don'T call me good, only my father in heaven is good.

Hi,  Jesus is attempting to challenge the man's thinking. How can He ( Jesus) be good unless- He is God! The fuller near context of Luke 18 expands on that theme. The conclusion must be that Jesus is God for He is good, that could be seen.

Isolating verses from their context just makes of them a pretext.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Hi brother Duke The verses that you gave and that would be presented to the Jewish man who thinks he is a christian but does not believe that Christ is God,

i. "the Jewish man", 

ii. "Who thinks that he is a Christian", 

iii. But does not believe that "Christ is God". ...........

i. Is he a Jewish man with the mainstream  Jewish faith or not.

ii. Does he believes that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins? 

Is he a Christian according to faith? 

iii. Does he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah? 

Do you believe that he is Hell bount and you need to stopped him from going to Hell ? 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

29 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Hi brother Duke The verses that you gave and that would be presented to the Jewish man who thinks he is a christian but does not believe that Christ is God,

29 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

i. "the Jewish man", 

Yes born Jewish

iii. But does not believe that "Christ is God". ...........

No he does not believe Christ is God and says that anyone one that does, its blasphemy.

i. Is he a Jewish man with the mainstream  Jewish faith or not.

No he also does not think much of the Jewish synagogues and does not go to synagogues, but he says he believes in the bible but does not thinks it should be memorized or learnt through rot learning .  But that in itself shows that he does not know that it is written in the Holy bible that yes its important to know the word and its our defense against the enemy.

ii. Does he believes that Jesus Christ died for the forgiveness of our sins? 

he seems to believe that Christ is the  promised Messiah  and thinks we should be able to be like him and  being an extension of God, and that the more we give ourselves to the light it will get stronger and stronger in us as Christ did, but he never speak about the blood of Christ Jesus, that His BLOOD was shed for the atonement of our sins.   That probably would be something to bring to his attention.

Is he a Christian according to faith? 

Yes I believe he  has definite faith in God and believes also that Christ was the promised Messiah, just he does not believe Christ is God, as i don't think either that he believes in the God-ship trinity of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit being ONE.

iii. Does he believes that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah? 

Yes, but does not believe that Christ is God and thinks its blasphemous of anyone to think so, and that those who do are the real Pharisees.

Do you believe that he is Hell bount and you need to stopped him from going to Hell ? 

Hmmm according to what is written in the Holy Bible, yes I am concerned as he never acknowledges the blood atonement of Christ, never speaks of the Holy Spirit of God, being our helprer and does not see Christ as God .

Edited by 1to3

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Yes born Jewish

No he does not believe Christ is God and says that anyone one that does, its blasphemy.

No he also does not think much of the Jewish synagogues and does not go to synagogues, but he says he believes in the bible but does not thinks it should be memorized or learnt through rot learning .  But that in itself shows that he does not know that it is written in the Holy bible that yes its important to know the word and its our defense against the enemy.

he seems to believe that Christ is the  promised Messiah  and thinks we should be able to be like him and  being an extension of God, and that the more we give ourselves to the light it will get stronger and stronger in us as Christ did, but he never speak about the blood of Christ Jesus, that His BLOOD was shed for the atonement of our sins.   That probably would be something to bring to his attention.

Yes I believe he  has definite faith in God and believes also that Christ was the promised Messiah, just he does not believe Christ is God, as i don't think either that he believes in the God-ship trinity of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit being ONE.

Yes, but does not believe that Christ is God and thinks its blasphemous of anyone to think so, and that those who do are the real Pharisees.

Hmmm according to what is written in the Holy Bible, yes I am concerned as he never acknowledges the blood atonement of Christ, never speaks of the Holy Spirit of God, being our helprer and does not see Christ as God .

Hello brother Ito3, 

Jesus died for all, for the moral and the immoral, for those who are borned in Christian Countries and the many others, which we cannot understand and we will never understand by studying their coultures, some we will, the modern ones, but not their countless sub-groups. 

Jesus died for all, no matter what strange ideas and strange roots unknown ones they have at time of believing.

So to make simple we should not challenge others understanding, we are not the Holy Spirit to know the roots of the whys and know how to prepare the ground before we plan a seed.....

This is the Gospel, which also includes the profile of why only Jesus could be the Christ. 

The Christ must have his own inheritance. 

And for the Jew that can be easily understood, because Abraham as a Patriarch received his own inheritance. 

This may sound very strange to you, but its easily understood. 

We know that Abraham was a sojourner in the Land of Promish and never became a King or received a Kingdom while he lived, even thought he was told about the Royal blood he had according to the promush of God. 

-you are the Patriarch of kings and a great Nation-

But Abraham as a Patriarch of a new people a new Nation, which was seperated from the rest of the world, the People of God,  also received his own inheritance for him and his descendants after death, for the people of God, but which also was seperated from the rest of the world, and was also in the place of the dead. 

The same principal as on earth alive , +was as in death. 

On earth they were seperated and set apart as they only people of God, with Abraham as a Patriarch. 

Reading carefully that statement till that time God had not people to call his own, a Nation where he can be their Lord and their King. 

He had rejected Noah as a Patriarch for the same reasons he had rejected Adam and later Enoch. 

But at the same time Abraham was seperated from God. 

Abraham a Patriarch with an imputed righteousness, but without the Life of God, remained seperated from God spiritually. 

Later with Moses the obedience to the Law was required. 

So at time of death Abraham inherited a place that the same principal aplly. 

To be seperated from the rest of the world and at the same time to be seperated from God.

And as we come to understand that this place can only be where God cannot go in the place of the dead. 

Known as the Bossom of Abraham. 

Thats where Abraham received his descendants including the Kings and the Prophets of Israel. 

We may carefully understand the need for a New Nation with a New Patriarch , who can  impute righteousness and the Life of God, by faith in him,  and who has a New inheritance the Heavenly INHERITANCE, and not only for him, but also for anyone who believes in him. 

So whether living on earth or after death they are all the time with him, never seperated , whether in earth or in Heaven. 

A Patriarch like Jesus Christ , who is also the Judge of all and who is sitted on the Throne of God, God having honor him for dieing on the Cross for the sins for the whole world.

So our being in the Nation of God is guarantee , for God has make Jesus CHRIST the Lord of Lords and the Judge of all.  

so the people of God through Jesus CHRIST  while on earth there are  not seperated from their Patriarch and their God and who  at the time of their death are still not seperated from their Patriarch. 

A Patriarch who has inherited Heaven and not only for himself but also for the children of God, those who believe in his Name. 

Not an eartly Patriarch but a Heavenly Patriarch. 

Hello brother  Your closest friendnt;

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:
8 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Yes born Jewish

Hello brother Ito3, 

Jesus died for all, for the moral and the immoral, for those who are borned in Christian Countries and the many others, which we cannot understand and we will never understand by studying their coultures, some we will, the modern ones, but not their countless sub-groups. 

Jesus died for all, no matter what strange ideas and strange roots unknown ones they have at time of believing.

So to make simple we should not challenge others understanding, we are not the Holy Spirit to know the roots of the whys and know how to prepare the ground before we plan a seed.....

This is the Gospel, which also includes the profile of why only Jesus could be the Christ. 

The Christ must have his own inheritance. 

And for the Jew that can be easily understood, because Abraham as a Patriarch received his own inheritance. 

This may sound very strange to you, but its easily understood. 

We know that Abraham was a sojourner in the Land of Promish and never became a King or received a Kingdom while he lived, even thought he was told about the Royal blood he had according to the promush of God. 

-you are the Patriarch of kings and a great Nation-

But Abraham as a Patriarch of a new people a new Nation, which was seperated from the rest of the world, the People of God,  also received his own inheritance for him and his descendants after death, for the people of God, but which also was seperated from the rest of the world, and was also in the place of the dead. 

The same principal as on earth alive , +was as in death. 

On earth they were seperated and set apart as they only people of God, with Abraham as a Patriarch. 

Reading carefully that statement till that time God had not people to call his own, a Nation where he can be their Lord and their King. 

He had rejected Noah as a Patriarch for the same reasons he had rejected Adam and later Enoch. 

But at the same time Abraham was seperated from God. 

Abraham a Patriarch with an imputed righteousness, but without the Life of God, remained seperated from God spiritually. 

Later with Moses the obedience to the Law was required. 

So at time of death Abraham inherited a place that the same principal aplly. 

To be seperated from the rest of the world and at the same time to be seperated from God.

And as we come to understand that this place can only be where God cannot go in the place of the dead. 

Known as the Bossom of Abraham. 

Thats where Abraham received his descendants including the Kings and the Prophets of Israel. 

Hello brother Your closest friendnt;

Ummm. thank you for this explanation about the Jewish people and Patriarchy.  but  could you please explain what that has to do with my question about this man that I know who  is Jewish who says that not even Christ was good, and defends his stance by the passage in : Luke 18:19 "So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." to defend that Christ was not God.

You did ask me certain questions about the gentleman and I did answer you and most importantly I answered that yes I am concerned that if this man does not believe Christ Is part of the Trinity , he may not find salvation with God.

I am not sure by what you wrote,  what exactly you are trying to say? are you saying that for a Jewish person it does not matter if they accept Christ as part of the trinity, of God the Father , Son, Holy Spirit being ONE? Just accepting that Christ is the Messiah is good enough?

From what you wrote are you suggesting that for a Jewish person it does not matter weather they view Christ as part of the trinity or not, just as long as they believe Christ to be the Messiah is good enough?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

Hello brother Your closest friendnt;

Ummm. thank you for this explanation about the Jewish people and Patriarchy.  but  could you please explain what that has to do with my question about this man that I know who  is Jewish who says that not even Christ was good, and defends his stance by the passage in : Luke 18:19 "So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God." to defend that Christ was not God.

You did ask me certain questions about the gentleman and I did answer you and most importantly I answered that yes I am concerned that if this man does not believe Christ Is part of the Trinity , he may not find salvation with God.

I am not sure by what you wrote,  what exactly you are trying to say? are you saying that for a Jewish person it does not matter if they accept Christ as part of the trinity, of God the Father , Son, Holy Spirit being ONE? Just accepting that Christ is the Messiah is good enough?

From what you wrote are you suggesting that for a Jewish person it does not matter weather they view Christ as part of the trinity or not, just as long as they believe Christ to be the Messiah is good enough?

Hello brother ito3, 

I BELIEVE that Jesus accepts the faith of anyone who calls upon his name in spite of their doctrinal corectness, even before many even have any doctrinal teachings. 

Like when he met the Ethiopian man, whom Philip baptized without any doctrinal teaching first, and he went his way.

We understand that this man who had scripture teaching he understood about the Christ, the Messiah, the promish one  and he from scripture was enlighted to understand that the Christ had to die first before he receive his Glory.

Also , like Paul who while in Jail in Philipi right after the place was shaken , and who witness that every prisoners bonds were loose, but only the believers of Jesus Christ left their prison cells free. 

-the warden knew from his own culture that upon death everyone discended in the place of the dead. 

And as a warden he kept the prisoners, and he could not help but thing that he also one day will be the prisoner of the warden in the place of the dead. 

On hearing from Paul about Jesus how after dying he was raised from the dead, and how he set the captives free from the place of the dead and he Jesus took them to the new hevenly inheritance, he ask Paul how he can be saved from becoming the prisoner of the warden of the under world. 

And Paul tild him "believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved from descending at time of death, and you are going to be ascending to the NEW INHERITANCE FIR MANKIND, the HEAVENLY ONE. 

PAUL baptized him after he had believed, and stay with him to explaine things about Jesus , 

A man who did not have knowledge of scripture  . 

Jesus acceptet his faith as he was, before even reknewing his mind in many things. 

Paul must have told him , abstained from the Idols, and call upon Jesus for anything you need. 

Jesus accepts the faith of anyone beyond doctrinal corectness. 

The disciples disagree in a lot if things, or they matured at a different time and rate.....

And sime they were stuborned thinking they were right and did not allowed correction. 

God bless. 

9 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Jesus acceptet his faith as he was, before even reknewing his mind in many things. 

Can you explain what you mean by the above statement?

Jesus accepts the faith of anyone beyond doctrinal corectness. 

Hmmm, by saying that are you saying Muslims, Buddhist, because they have faith in -a- God of their understanding are accepted by Christ Jesus?

The disciples disagree in a lot if things, or they matured at a different time and rate...

The disciples may have disagreed on a lot of things, but one thing they ALL agreed upon and that Christ Was God incarnate who came to redeem us from our sins through the shedding of His divine-untainted- Blood .

This  particular man that I am speaking about is 90 years old and claims to have come to believe in Christ Jesus as the promised Messiah over 60 s0me years. This man has read the bible ( from what he says however, it does not seem ; like he read everything or believes everything  as he states things that go contrary to Gods Word, like anyone who believes Christ is God is blaspheming God.  This man is a very good counselor on human behavior and gives great advice concerning human behavior but to those who listen to his advice on human behavior he also states to them his religious views that Christ is not God and that anyone who believes that Christ is God is in error and by saying that Christ is God, they are blaspheming God. So this man is kind of saying that their salvation may be at risk for believing such, ie that Christ is God. And that in itself goes contrary to what the bible says and becomes a false teaching.

As I see it, this man would need himself correction before he dies in what he understands Christ Jesus to be as he himself is telling others not to believe Christ Jesus is God. Not only is he in error but he i leading others in error.

I think when you ( I mean this man or anyone teaching a different message that goes contrary the Word of God)   begins to have an certain influence on people and teaches things contrary to Gods Word,  -you- risks yourself to not be truly saved and place yourself in Gods judgement by having influenced others to stray away from Gods Truth, found in the Holy Bible.  That is very serious.

Taming the Tongue

James 3:1
1Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

Personally I see this man as being someone who has helped a lot of people find understanding in human behavior, but who still needs to have his eyes opened before he dies concerning true salvation through Christ Jesus.

Christ came for the Jew first and then the gentile=anything not Jewish, but their salvation is for both of them : Jew and Gentile = in believing by faith, the same, that Christ Jesus came to buy us back from the penalty of sin by shedding His DIVINE Blood on the cross for the remission of the sins of all who come to Him by faith to believe in Him and what He has accomplished on the cross and who He IS with His Father. : No one comes to the Father but through Him=Christ Jesus.

John 14:6

The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5“Lord,” said Thomas, “we do not know where You are going, so how can we know the way?” 6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. 7If you had known Me, you would know My Father as well. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him.”

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, 1to3 said:

So, there is this person on the internet claiming to be a Jewish christian saying  because of this verse it confirms that Christ the promised messiah was -is-not God and that it is a blaspheme to call Christ Jesus God.

I would like to know how would you explain to them the meaning of

Luke 18:19 :So Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God.

Hi 1to3,

this quote is from C.J.Rolls, (past century Bible teacher)

`The rich young ruler recognised the inherent goodness of His character and addressed Him, "Good Master'" whereupon Christ in answering him caught up the use he made of "good," and replied, "Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God."

The implication here is, "By your addressing Me as GOOD master, do you really recognise that I am God?"

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1