ejected

A House Divided.

I've noticed, through the years, how one man filled with the Holy Spirit, can reject another man filled with the Holy Spirit.

How does that work? Any thoughts? 

17 minutes ago, ejected said:

I've noticed, through the years, how one man filled with the Holy Spirit, can reject another man filled with the Holy Spirit.

How would you know for sure they are both filled with the Holy Spirit unless they speak? Satan can counterfeit signs. 

I take it that the rejection has to do with propositional truth in which case I'd say God doesn't contradict Himself. 

Conclusion... Someone is lying either intentionally or unintentionally and at that time is not filled with the Holy Spirit even if they think they are.

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

My point exactly. In the last days many will claim to be christ (anointed one). In otherwords many will claim to be anointed. 

There is a false anointing that can almost fool the very elect. Almost that is. The remnant is on to them. 

Edited by ejected

1 hour ago, ejected said:

From many situations I've witnessed personally, rejection was always based on a dispute involving interpretation of scripture.  Both people may be mature Christians.  One believes something, another believes something else, both use scripture to support their belief, and a simple dialogue turns into an angry dispute that divides people.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, bryan said:

From many situations I've witnessed personally, rejection was always based on a dispute involving interpretation of scripture.  Both people may be mature Christians.  One believes something, another believes something else, both use scripture to support their belief, and a simple dialogue turns into an angry dispute that divides people.  

No truer words have been spoken. Here in lies the problem. When men are long on ink on paper and short on Spirit inspiration. Long on logos, the written word and short on rhema, an utterance through the Holy Spirit which supports and defines the written. One of the gifts, prophecy. 

Edited by ejected

13 hours ago, ejected said:

Never take for granted that anyone is "filled" with the Holy Spirit just because they claim to be.   A lot of false doctrine has been blamed on, "The Holy Spirit told me..."   

That is why we have the plumline of the inspired, inerrant, infallible and unchanging word of God, the Bible as our sole and final authority for all matters of Christian faith and practice.  The Bible is the standard against which we measure the theological claims of others.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

14 hours ago, ejected said:

Maybe your belief that they both have the Holy Spirit is not correct...

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Adstar said:

And maybe both don't.  If forums are to be any indication, very few seem to.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Willie T said:

And maybe both don't.  If forums are to be any indication, very few seem to.

Well that also is a valid possibility Willie ..  Yes both of them may be without the Holy Spirit..

Note:: I have not made any firm declaration on the actual situation.. Because i do not know ..  But God does .. :)

• This is Worthy 1

5 hours ago, Adstar said:

Go back and read my posts. I do not believe that.