ejected

A House Divided.

23 minutes ago, Willie T said:

You demonstrate quite well what the little story meant.  First you say the "bad" preachers are failing in properly teaching their congregants, then you turn right around and say the Holy Spirit should be doing that teaching.  Truly, many people have just latched onto a good excuse to claim their prejudicial attitudes are somehow this great gift from God.  I have seen very few examples of "honest" Discernment in my 73 years.

Where did I use the word ‘bad’?

In your 73 years surely you have learnt that the Holy Spirit teaches as well as raises up teachers.

• Praise God! 1

On 7/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, bryan said:

From many situations I've witnessed personally, rejection was always based on a dispute involving interpretation of scripture.  Both people may be mature Christians.  One believes something, another believes something else, both use scripture to support their belief, and a simple dialogue turns into an angry dispute that divides people.  

My obsevations and experiences yielded a different scenario. Jealousy and envy of true anointed ministries along with conviction of sin when the totally sold out individual walks through the door. Despising and rejection of the same is the inevitable default position. 

There exist only one way, one truth, and one life... it is in The Person of Jesus, the Christ, it is to be determined by intimate fellowship completely aligning to His Word as it is hermeneutically ascertained... the objectivity of The Word leading to a subjectivity to that objective outlay in pursuit of knowing God!

John 1:1-2

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.
KJV

The Word has and always will be Jesus

John 1:14

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV

On 7/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, bryan said:

From many situations I've witnessed personally, rejection was always based on a dispute involving interpretation of scripture.  Both people may be mature Christians.  One believes something, another believes something else, both use scripture to support their belief, and a simple dialogue turns into an angry dispute that divides people.  

My obsevations and experiences yielded a different scenario. Jealousy and envy of true anointed ministries along with conviction of sin when the totally sold out individual walks through the door. Despising and rejection of the same is the inevitable default position. 

On 7/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, NOONE7 said:

An example I can think of is a correcting of Apostle Paul against Apostle Peter?  Is this a type of example as both are filled with the in dwelling Spirit.

Galatians 2:09-16

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.  For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Thats good. Thanks. for that. But the problem goes deeper than that. Men in pursuit of notoriety and esteem, seeking large followings. The competition is of the flesh. This inevitably quenches the Spirit and most folks have no discernment. They think a dead service with a few goose bumps here and there equates to a Holy Spirit ordered meeting. God may show up at times but this in no way means He endorses whats going on, whats being taught. 

• Thumbs Up 1