IGNORED

Multi-Culturalism: A Failed Policy

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Numerous heads of state including Nicolas Sarkozy (France), Angela Merkel (Germany), and David Cameron (UK) have recently proclaimed that multiculturalism has been an utter failure (see here). Many people are baffled by this position as they confuse multiculturalism as a political normative philosophy with the colloquial use of the term meant to represent cultural, religious, and ethnic heterogeneity (or pluralism). The latter meaning is a very laudable objective to pursue as such diversity creates a richer social tapestry. On the other hand, Multiculturalism (hereafter capitalized) in the first sense of the term is more than merely a failed political philosophy. It is a central cause of the slow erosion of Western civilization. For an in-depth critique of this political philosophy, see Salim Mansur’s book Delectable Lie: A Liberal Repudiation of Multiculturalism.

One of the defining features of Multiculturalism is the tenet that all cultures are equally valuable, good, and worthy of respect if not outright celebration. This in part stems from a hodgepodge of postmodernism (“there are no objective truths”) and moral/cultural relativism (“Who are we to judge the moral and/or cultural precepts of another people?”). For a discussion of these misguided principles, see my earlier posts here and here. A consequence of Multiculturalism is the notion that host nations/cultures should not expect that new immigrants internalize the defining ethos of the host nation. Rather, it is assumed that each cultural group will maintain its distinct identity irrespective of whether its foundational cultural values are contrary to those of the host nation. Lack of integration and assimilation are not necessarily poor outcomes according to Multiculturalism, as such isolationism is viewed as an instantiation of cultural pride.

Let me first address the supposed equality of cultures. Nothing could be further from the truth. Cultures that ensure the legal equality of the sexes, that protect the rights of religious minorities and homosexuals, that provide legal protection for freedom of conscience, freedom of speech (see my earlier posts regarding this fundamental freedom here and here), freedom of religion, and freedom of association, that institutionalize a separation of state and church, are infinitely superior to those that do not. There is nothing shameful, arrogant, or jingoistic in stating so. Millions of people seek to enter the United States and Canada from around the world but few people line up to emigrate to Cuba, North Korea, and Saudi Arabia. The yearly patterns of global immigration for the past 100 years speak to that trivially obvious fact. In the same manner that a psychologically healthy person is one who is not riddled with suicidal self-loathing, a healthy civilization cannot be shackled with endless self-hatred (a too frequent reality amongst Western intelligentsia; see my earlier post on this issue here). Of all ways by which societies might be organized, Western liberal democracies constitute the optimal one. This does not mean that the West has created perfect societies bereft of social ills. Rather, it implies that the flourishing of individuals in all of its forms is best guaranteed by societies that are rooted in individual freedoms, as enshrined in the American Bill of Rights and American Constitution.

Western nations are perfectly within their sovereign rights to dictate the civilizational conditions to which new immigrants must adhere. This is the minimal price to pay for being granted the privilege of starting a new life in a welcoming society. This means that new immigrants must accept and assimilate within the defining ethos of liberal democracies. Not a single inch of our foundational liberal traditions should ever be conceded under the guise of Multiculturalism (and all of its nonsensical and misguided tenets such as moral and cultural relativism). This does not mean that people should not take great pride in their cultural, religious, and ethnic heritages. To the contrary, most culture-specific elements (e.g., language, music, culinary traditions) should be celebrated in creating a multicultural (not capitalized) society, as long as these do not clash with the tenets of liberal democracies. We are all enriched by our respective and unique cultural backgrounds. However, if your culture contains elements that seek to overthrow and/or irrevocably alter our existing social order then you do not have the right to promote if not live by such values.

My family moved from Lebanon to Canada in the mid-1970s to escape the horrors of the Lebanese civil war, which was rooted in the most violent religious strife and hatred that one might imagine. I am forever grateful to Canada for having granted my family the opportunity to start a new life in a free and peaceful society. While I cherish my cultural, linguistic, and ethnic heritage, I unabashedly recognize that the liberal tenets of Canada are superior to those from which I escaped many years ago. Being Canadian of Lebanese heritage means that I can retain the innocuous and enriching elements of my culture of birth (Arabic language, culture of hospitality, rich culinary tradition) whilst fully rejecting those components that are antithetical to a truly free society.  Liberal democracies are profoundly enriched by our cultural differences, as long as none of these differences are rooted in a desire to alter if not suppress our individual freedoms. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/homo-consumericus/201210/multiculturalism-failed-policy

Guest shiloh357

Those who seek permanent residency in the US need to become Americans.   They need to learn English, learn our laws and way of life and adapt to our culture and not expect the US to sacrifice our own traditions at the expense of those who come here.  It is way past time for Americans to have as much pride in our own culture and way of life as others do in other nations and expect that those who seek to live here and put down roots in this country become cultural Americans and fully assimilate into our country.

We need to cease with the politically correct cultural and national self-hatred that seems to accompany the farce of multi-culturalism.

That is the whole point by immigration.   It is not a human right to come to the US.  We don't owe anyone else in this world, a country.  If you try to come here illegally, you are sent back, no matter what country you are coming from.  You come here to be an American or you go back to your home country.  

We need to put an end to people coming to live here and then demand privileges of citizenship without any allegiance to the US.  We need to put a stop to illegals in the US marching in our streets with flags of foreign nations and demanding that we acquiesce to their demands.    Either assimilate or go home and stop being a plague upon our nation.

If you are not coming here to be an American, we have no  use for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

Multiculturalism is rebellion against God's ways......He dispersed the nations at Babel.  It's also a deception, because different ethnic peoples don't really live well together ultimately, apart from Christ.  People end up congregating mostly with their own, because they are more comfortable with each other, and way of thinking and living is more alike....nothing wrong with that, it's natural and understandable.   But we have to realize that so-called multiculturalism has come about as a result of sin and turning our backs on Jesus.  These are the exact same judgments that God told Israel He would judge them with when they forgot Him.......a spirit of stupor/drunkenness (aka political correctness...shoot ourselves in the foot), to be ruled over by the heathen in our midst and to be diminished as a nation and ultimately conquered and captured or dispersed by another nation.  Israel had also been instructed by God that any strangers/heathen joining themselves to Israel were not permitted to practice their pagan religions....another thing that the policy of multiculturalism disobeys.

As followers of  Christ the answer for us is not to react to these circumstances out of our flesh.....we are not citizens of this world but ambassadors of Christ and His kingdom.  We are to love all and be His witnesses and make disciples of all nations no matter what the circumstances are like on the ground.  We can even look at this as an opportunity for the gospel.

We need to humble ourselves under God's mighty hand and accept that these judgments will continue to worsen until/unless our formerly Christian nations repent and return to the Lord.  Except the Lord watch over the city the watchmen awaken in vain.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Most multi-culture stuff appears to be Gnostic babble. If one is steeped in Freud and Jung, one is apt to stand for nothing in particular and fall for everything in general.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Multiculturalism is rebellion against God's ways......He dispersed the nations at Babel.  It's also a deception, because different ethnic peoples don't really live well together ultimately, apart from Christ.  People end up congregating mostly with their own, because they are more comfortable with each other, and way of thinking and living is more alike....nothing wrong with that, it's natural and understandable.   But we have to realize that so-called multiculturalism has come about as a result of sin and turning our backs on Jesus.  These are the exact same judgments that God told Israel He would judge them with when they forgot Him.......a spirit of stupor/drunkenness (aka political correctness...shoot ourselves in the foot), to be ruled over by the heathen in our midst and to be diminished as a nation and ultimately conquered and captured or dispersed by another nation.  Israel had also been instructed by God that any strangers/heathen joining themselves to Israel were not permitted to practice their pagan religions....another thing that the policy of multiculturalism disobeys.

As followers of  Christ the answer for us is not to react to these circumstances out of our flesh.....we are not citizens of this world but ambassadors of Christ and His kingdom.  We are to love all and be His witnesses and make disciples of all nations no matter what the circumstances are like on the ground.  We can even look at this as an opportunity for the gospel.

We need to humble ourselves under God's mighty hand and accept that these judgments will continue to worsen until/unless our formerly Christian nations repent and return to the Lord.  Except the Lord watch over the city the watchmen awaken in vain.

Man we should all read Daniel again .  because as I read what you said sister ,   verses starting flowing .

Do you remember where it says ,  Partly strong , partly broken.   iron and clay mixture .  the toes , the ten toes .  

Look at daniels interpretation concerning the fourth final kingdom .

And the fourth Kingdom shall be STRONG as IRON , forasmuch as iron Breaks in pieces , and subdues ALL things .  and as iron that breaks all these  , shall IT break

in Pieces and bruise . 

AND whereas you saw the FEET and TOES , part of POTTERS clay and part of Iron , the kingdom shall be divided , But their shall be in it the STRENGTH of IRON

, for as much as you saw that iron was mixed with clay .  and as the TOES (Ten)were part of IRON and part of clay , so the kingdom shall be part strong and part broken.

And wheras you saw the iron mixed with mirey clay , they shall MINGLE themselves with the seed of men , but they shall NOT CLEAVE one to another , even

as iron is NOT MIXED with clay . 

NOW PONDER THAT FOR A BIT .  and then LOOK at how this one world all inclusive MINDSET IS and IS DOING .  

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Most multi-culture stuff appears to be Gnostic babble. If one is steeped in Freud and Jung, one is apt to stand for nothing in particular and fall for everything in general.

And look what the adversary OF GOD did unto the people by using evil men.    Using physcologies ,  in the world , in schools and worse in churches .

For they said come let us change ABSOLUTE TRUTH into a liquid ,   THEN let us change that liquid into WHAT WE DESIRE IT TO BE .

Got so bad now ,  most even in churches NO LONGER even know the foundation and what it stands for ,   they GOT NOTHING TO STAND ON but sand .

The enemy DID THIS .  and the people loved to have it so .  AND NOW A GRIEVIOUS HEAVY DELUSOIN sweeps the land .    Heavy for it sets not the people free

but has them in bondage and leads them only into further bondage .  Grievious , because a heavy price will be paid .

First the weapon will come full force , WHEN ONCE THE DELUSION has risen to the full,  and then the weapon will sweep with fury against those who were quite in the land . With

great fury will it strike at the lambs and many will be killed .

THEN the weapon too will have its end and all who partook of its delusion ,  DESTROYED WITHOUT HAND ,  at the COMING of the LORD .

AND all this  ,  for the land , peoples , and worst of all many churches , REFUSED REPENTANCE , REJECTED THE TRUTH , and chose willfull pleasure IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

29 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Man we should all read Daniel again .  because as I read what you said sister ,   verses starting flowing .

Do you remember where it says ,  Partly strong , partly broken.   iron and clay mixture .  the toes , the ten toes .  

Look at daniels interpretation concerning the fourth final kingdom .

And the fourth Kingdom shall be STRONG as IRON , forasmuch as iron Breaks in pieces , and subdues ALL things .  and as iron that breaks all these  , shall IT break

in Pieces and bruise . 

AND whereas you saw the FEET and TOES , part of POTTERS clay and part of Iron , the kingdom shall be divided , But their shall be in it the STRENGTH of IRON

, for as much as you saw that iron was mixed with clay .  and as the TOES (Ten)were part of IRON and part of clay , so the kingdom shall be part strong and part broken.

And wheras you saw the iron mixed with mirey clay , they shall MINGLE themselves with the seed of men , but they shall NOT CLEAVE one to another , even

as iron is NOT MIXED with clay . 

NOW PONDER THAT FOR A BIT .  and then LOOK at how this one world all inclusive MINDSET IS and IS DOING .  

Amen brother.....I believe this is exactly right.....and this is that which we are seeing now.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I understand the logic from a political world point of view. At the same time, I cannot help but think those who ascribe to this view are the ones living among those that have, as opposed to those who have not. 

We as Christians,are not citizens of this world. We are sojourners. Our viewpoint must be from God’s perspective and that is love. He sees no nationality, no race. Unlike us who look on the outer apprearance, He simpl6 cuts through all the smokescreen arguments many use to justify separation and looks on the intents of our hearts. 

If I were a father of children living in a land with no food or waters with bloodshed abounding, I would do whatever it took to insure my family’s safety. Any good parent would. As Christians, we must be careful not to get caught up in the rhetoric, analyzing the problems that must occur before the end with our carnal logic. Our job is to care .... true empathy, no matter how it inconveniences us or threatens our higher standard of living.

Just something to ponder.....

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

I understand the logic from a political world point of view. At the same time, I cannot help but think those who ascribe to this view are the ones living among those that have, as opposed to those who have not. 

We as Christians,are not citizens of this world. We are sojourners. Our viewpoint must be from God’s perspective and that is love. He sees no nationality, no race. Unlike us who look on the outer apprearance, He simpl6 cuts through all the smokescreen arguments many use to justify separation and looks on the intents of our hearts. 

If I were a father of children living in a land with no food or waters with bloodshed abounding, I would do whatever it took to insure my family’s safety. Any good parent would. As Christians, we must be careful not to get caught up in the rhetoric, analyzing the problems that must occur before the end with our carnal logic. Our job is to care .... true empathy, no matter how it inconveniences us or threatens our higher standard of living.

Gideon

Sure, as believers, we should be sympathetic to the poor and downtrodden. Religion undefiled, widows and orphans. Our country, America, is unsurpassed in giving world wide throughout it's history. Why everybody wants in.  Not out. Also why we have laws. To keep out those trying to come illegally. If you want to go to the border and help, and give your time and money, I will cheer you on. Just so you keep your hand out of my pockets. In this country, I have the privilege to decide the who, what, where, to help. I do not demand that others follow my personal methods to help the poor, parentless, abused, or a government edict forcing me. Nor do I need a guilt trip from a bleeding heart club, as the media has created on the borders, using the poor children for political advantage.
Back to the OP,

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We need to put an end to people coming to live here and then demand privileges of citizenship without any allegiance to the US.  We need to put a stop to illegals in the US marching in our streets with flags of foreign nations and demanding that we acquiesce to their demands.    Either assimilate or go home and stop being a plague upon our nation.

If you are not coming here to be an American, we have no  use for you.

There is NO OTHER country that has given more than our country!
Unless we have politicians, the law makers, that will represent "we the people", and not swayed by the media, nothing will change till our country begins to be over run with the same problems in European countries. Those countries are waking up, just too little too late.
Maranatha

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Gideon

If I were a father of children living in a land with no food or waters with bloodshed abounding, I would do whatever it took to insure my family’s safety. Any good parent would. As Christians, we must be careful not to get caught up in the rhetoric, analyzing the problems that must occur before the end with our carnal logic. Our job is to care .... true empathy, no matter how it inconveniences us or threatens our higher standard of living

WORDS from Gideon.   and now a word.

WE are not GOD and cannot make GOD into as we are .     IF we but read our bibles ,    WE SEE a point and a time , WHEN GOD simply turns man over to total reprobation .

Rebellious children who reject the love of the truth ,  WILL be destroyed .   Notice they REJECTED the love of the truth .   And many have heard the name of JESUS and rejected it

and worse many have heard the name and preach A JESUS that does not exist .    IF we but read revelations , and the rest of the bible .

WE see in noahs time , in lotts days , and in rebellious isreaels days ,  A POINT COMES WHEN NO MERCY IS GIVEN .

When the land and its inquity rises to the full and worse masses of churches are as the world and worse for they say JESUS NAME , OH DEAR but they live in willfull sin.

Let us not ponder what fathers on earth would do ,   LET US REMEMBER THAT WHILE GOD IS FULL OF MERCY ,    WHILE HE DESIRES and DESIRED NONE TO PERISH.

WHEN rejection keeps getting worse ,    no matter how the few have cried , REPENT REPENT ,   and they heed them not , but rather get worse .

THAT is when its high time to go back ,   READ old and new examples IN THAT BIBLE .    AND UNDERSTAND the land will only worsen now

Under a mass of deception .   And the blind will only see it as ,  GETTNG BETTER,  they will be saying alas, LOOK at how the faiths and religions are coming together with love

LOOK at how they gather and beat their swords into plowshares ,   What an all inclusive love gathering . BUT IT IS NOT IN THEM TO KNOW

the delusion of this false love , this false unity , this false Peace ,  was ONLY TO LEAD THEM TO THE STRONG DELUSOIN that all who rejected truth

WOULD BELIEVE THE LIE and be damned .   WE BETTER READ our bibles more .  and not THINK so much . 

A MASSIVE FALLING AWAY is on the rise , and it will get not only worse , BUT FAR WORSE .  But again  ,the  blind  see only a love , unity , a peace and they shall lead

others and be led RIGHT TO THE SON OF PERDTOIN .   GET UP , AND LETS WARN THEM FOLKS , REPENT , AWAKE to righteousness and sin not .

AND HOW do you SHOW THEM .   YOU Lead them to Christ ,  SEE ITS THE SPIRIT ,  THE SPIRIT that awakens the soul .    SO aka,    aka,  JUST DO as the early church did

PREACH like it did ,   and GOD will give the increase , FOR ONLY HE CAN .    But soften it up   , change the pattern paul and all who followed JESUS .

Change it ,    and its death only .  

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
wg