IGNORED

Multi-Culturalism: A Failed Policy

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Gideon said:

I understand the logic from a political world point of view. At the same time, I cannot help but think those who ascribe to this view are the ones living among those that have, as opposed to those who have not. 

No, it's actually view ascribed to by an immigrant who immigrated the right way.

We as Christians,are not citizens of this world. We are sojourners. Our viewpoint must be from God’s perspective and that is love. He sees no nationality, no race. Unlike us who look on the outer apprearance, He simpl6 cuts through all the smokescreen arguments many use to justify separation and looks on the intents of our hearts. 

This is not about illegal immigrants, okay?   This is about multiculturalism. 

If I were a father of children living in a land with no food or waters with bloodshed abounding, I would do whatever it took to insure my family’s safety. Any good parent would. As Christians, we must be careful not to get caught up in the rhetoric, analyzing the problems that must occur before the end with our carnal logic. Our job is to care .... true empathy, no matter how it inconveniences us or threatens our higher standard of living.

Just something to ponder.....

Gideon

Try addressing the topic that was raised in the OP. 

Just something to ponder...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

If I were a father of children living in a land with no food or waters with bloodshed abounding, I would do whatever it took to insure my family’s safety. Any good parent would. As Christians, we must be careful not to get caught up in the rhetoric, analyzing the problems that must occur before the end with our carnal logic. Our job is to care .... true empathy, no matter how it inconveniences us or threatens our higher standard of living

WORDS from Gideon.   and now a word.

WE are not GOD and cannot make GOD into as we are .     IF we but read our bibles ,    WE SEE a point and a time , WHEN GOD simply turns man over to total reprobation .

Rebellious children who reject the love of the truth ,  WILL be destroyed .   Notice they REJECTED the love of the truth .   And many have heard the name of JESUS and rejected it

and worse many have heard the name and preach A JESUS that does not exist .    IF we but read revelations , and the rest of the bible .

WE see in noahs time , in lotts days , and in rebellious isreaels days ,  A POINT COMES WHEN NO MERCY IS GIVEN .

When the land and its inquity rises to the full and worse masses of churches are as the world and worse for they say JESUS NAME , OH DEAR but they live in willfull sin.

Let us not ponder what fathers on earth would do ,   LET US REMEMBER THAT WHILE GOD IS FULL OF MERCY ,    WHILE HE DESIRES and DESIRED NONE TO PERISH.

WHEN rejection keeps getting worse ,    no matter how the few have cried , REPENT REPENT ,   and they heed them not , but rather get worse .

THAT is when its high time to go back ,   READ old and new examples IN THAT BIBLE .    AND UNDERSTAND the land will only worsen now

Under a mass of deception .   And the blind will only see it as ,  GETTNG BETTER,  they will be saying alas, LOOK at how the faiths and religions are coming together with love

LOOK at how they gather and beat their swords into plowshares ,   What an all inclusive love gathering . BUT IT IS NOT IN THEM TO KNOW

the delusion of this false love , this false unity , this false Peace ,  was ONLY TO LEAD THEM TO THE STRONG DELUSOIN that all who rejected truth

WOULD BELIEVE THE LIE and be damned .   WE BETTER READ our bibles more .  and not THINK so much . 

A MASSIVE FALLING AWAY is on the rise , and it will get not only worse , BUT FAR WORSE .  But again  ,the  blind  see only a love , unity , a peace and they shall lead

others and be led RIGHT TO THE SON OF PERDTOIN .   GET UP , AND LETS WARN THEM FOLKS , REPENT , AWAKE to righteousness and sin not .

AND HOW do you SHOW THEM .   YOU Lead them to Christ ,  SEE ITS THE SPIRIT ,  THE SPIRIT that awakens the soul .    SO aka,    aka,  JUST DO as the early church did

PREACH like it did ,   and GOD will give the increase , FOR ONLY HE CAN .    But soften it up   , change the pattern paul and all who followed JESUS .

Change it ,    and its death only .  

May I ask you a question as you have me many times in the past? Many in the world have heard the name of Jesus, you are right. Unfortunately, they have not seen Him livednor His character displayed through those who are His children, and that is to our shame. 

My question is this. What do you base your assumption on that the harvest is past and all who are not Christians now are reprobate? If we as His church have lived lives of compromise, loving the things of the world just as they do, if we have believed that God will somehow wink at our continued sin yet send others to Hell for the same thing, save a one time prayer that sadly has not yet changed us into obedient holy children, do you not think we in the church ought to be the ones to fear judgment?Do we not remember that judgment will begin at the house of God? 

What gives any the authority to declare the harvest past? To declare mercy is ended? To basically declare judgment on the masses who never have seen the love of God displayed in His own children? Let us remember the parable of the children of God being told that the master comes. Amazingly, with one accord, they made their excuses as to why they cannot come at that moment. When told of this, the master becomes angry, but it is towards His own lukewarm, complacent “we have need of nothing” children. 

So He instructs His servants to go to the poor, the displaced, the lame, the struggling, those who hate their sin but are held captive by it, and invite them instead. After this is done, and many of the offscouring of the world are added to the church, the master hears this but instead of sealing the fate of the lost, instead He sends His servant out one last time, telling him to COMPEL  them to turn to Him and be saved. I love that about our God.  Why? “For My house shall be full” says the Lord. 

We have not seen the harvest yet, despite what many believe. Our hearts have been lulled to sleep, our ears are deaf, our eyes blinded by our Laodecian contentment without godliness. Our hearts are not burdened for the lost. We do not besiege Heaven with intercession prayers for those facing eternal judgment, often those in our own households!

Our Christianity that we have tried to convince the world is exactly what God desires is still full of self love, and self rule. The shaking spoken of in our Bibles is coming and guess what? It will begin in the church.

The great falling away has not happened yet. What will cause it? What will be the ‘trigger point’ in this soon to come shaking? It will not be various doctrinal disputes we love to rally around.  It will be the understanding that unless we hate our lives, our religious, but still flesh-ruled old natures, and truly long to lose them so Christ can truly become both our savior AND our Lord, we will not enter the kingdom of God. Ultimately, unless we find the place of absolutely surrender, the ultimate testimony of faith in our God, we will find ourselves staring at an eternity of darkness. 

You are limiting God in your fears of this false doctrine or that. Listen closely, my dear brother. The only place we should talk about the coming judgment is through eyes of tears and hearts of love for those who are hardened to the gospel. We as the church are the salt that has lost its savior, and right now we are not occupying as we have been commanded, beaming out through our lives the longsuffering of God and His endless mercies. We are simply occupying space. Is it any wonder they mock us and want nothing to do with us? 

We are told that in the last days, the heathen shall kNOW that He is the Lord..... when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes. That has not happened.... yet. We as His people have a breaking inside us that needs to occur. We think we are rapture ready, but I fear we, lest we repent and seek His face anew, are the ones who are judgement ready. It is time for some serious examination of our lives and the stoney condition of our hearts. 

Blessings, brother

Gids

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it's actually view ascribed to by an immigrant who immigrated the right way.

This is not about illegal immigrants, okay?   This is about multiculturalism. 

Try addressing the topic that was raised in the OP. 

Just something to ponder...

You do realize, I pray, that this exact same stance is embraced by white supremists, skinheads and the KKK? Lest we forget, who was it who was the true neighbor to the man beaten, robbed and left for dead? Was it not the dreaded Samaritan?

Christ’s love is the unifying force that surpasses the need for segregation, which is simply the base term of multiculturalism. Deep inside this push for eliminating multiculturalism, past all the logic and strained reasons that it should be enforced, lies a heart not yet understanding or walking fully in the love of God. 

We as His body need desperately to find that love once again, as they did in the early church. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Gideon said:

You do realize, I pray, that this exact same stance is embraced by white supremists, skinheads and the KKK?

No, it is not. 

Lest we forget, who was it who was the true neighbor to the man beaten, robbed and left for dead? Was it not the dreaded Samaritan?

You really have no clue about what you're talking about.

Christ’s love is the unifying force that surpasses the need for segregation, which is simply the base term of multiculturalism

This has nothing to with segregation.  Again, you really are barking up the wrong tree.  If you can't address the topic then simply ignore this thread.

Deep inside this push for eliminating multiculturalism, past all the logic and strained reasons that it should be enforced, lies a heart not yet understanding or walking fully in the love of God. 

Wow. Talk about someone who really cannot grasp the point of the OP.

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Sure, as believers, we should be sympathetic to the poor and downtrodden. Religion undefiled, widows and orphans. Our country, America, is unsurpassed in giving world wide throughout it's history. Why everybody wants in.  Not out. Also why we have laws. To keep out those trying to come illegally. If you want to go to the border and help, and give your time and money, I will cheer you on. Just so you keep your hand out of my pockets. In this country, I have the privilege to decide the who, what, where, to help. I do not demand that others follow my personal methods to help the poor, parentless, abused, or a government edict forcing me. Nor do I need a guilt trip from a bleeding heart club, as the media has created on the borders, using the poor children for political advantage.
Back to the OP,

There is NO OTHER country that has given more than our country!
Unless we have politicians, the law makers, that will represent "we the people", and not swayed by the media, nothing will change till our country begins to be over run with the same problems in European countries. Those countries are waking up, just too little too late.
Maranatha

Here is what concerns me and I fully realize it will be like whacking a hornets nest. We as children of God are citizens of Heaven. This is not our home. We are to set our affections on things above, and not get entangled with the affairs of this life. At some point, and in some areas we have already arrived, we as God’s own will have to choose love for God over Patriotism. The two are not the same. When they get linked together, a lot of error can be swallowed. 

America and God’s will are not the same. We have established some principles, no doubt, that sound Christian, but we as a nation are far from being a Christian nation. I am sure some will begin to stand up and scream “Blaspheny!” LOL, but what I say is he truth, And as the days get darker, I suspect we will one day be on the needing end of mercyand love from others. Lessons will hopefully be learned then if they are not now. 

Our  real problem is that we as His own are thinking by and large about how things affect US, and there in lies the sin. Loving others as we love ourselves is not a goal. It is our mandate... and our privelidge.. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,649
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Western nations are perfectly within their sovereign rights to dictate the civilizational conditions to which new immigrants must adhere. This is the minimal price to pay for being granted the privilege of starting a new life in a welcoming society. This means that new immigrants must accept and assimilate within the defining ethos of liberal democracies. Not a single inch of our foundational liberal traditions should ever be conceded under the guise of Multiculturalism (and all of its nonsensical and misguided tenets such as moral and cultural relativism). This does not mean that people should not take great pride in their cultural, religious, and ethnic heritages. To the contrary, most culture-specific elements (e.g., language, music, culinary traditions) should be celebrated in creating a multicultural (not capitalized) society, as long as these do not clash with the tenets of liberal democracies. We are all enriched by our respective and unique cultural backgrounds. However, if your culture contains elements that seek to overthrow and/or irrevocably alter our existing social order then you do not have the right to promote if not live by such values.

Yes.  I agree with this. The irony is that in western nation the kind of culture specific elements you mention here are actually well protected.  

My own family is very multi-cultural. My uncle is married to a Bulgarian, and my cousin to an Indian.  My ancestors came from Scotland, Netherlands, Ireland and France, All of these represent different cultures. 

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

No, it is not. 

You really have no clue about what you're talking about.

This has nothing to with segregation.  Again, you really are barking up the wrong tree.  If you can't address the topic then simply ignore this thread.

Wow. Talk about someone who really cannot grasp the point of the OP.

I was operating under the assumption that in the immigration thread that was recently posted and subsequently closed at my request, someone supporting your stance said that he believed that segregation... separate but equal.... was Biblical.  As I recall,  not one of those  who saw nothing  wrong with separating children from parents spoke out to say this was wrong.  If I am in error here in my assumption,  please forgive me. 

We all, unless we are native Americans, are descendants of immigrants. The world is getting  smaller, and we are inevitably becoming one big melting pot. Right or wrong, it is our future til the Lord comes back. IMHO, efforts would be better spent trying to live the message we say we believe, in hopes that others, whatever their culture, will ask us what we possess that they do not.

The minute we take sides on earthy strides, yet without our  hearts hungering for pure hearts, and His love flowing through our veins, we have veered off target. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Gideon said:

I was operating under the assumption that in the immigration thread that was recently posted and subsequently closed at my request, someone supporting your stance said that he believed that segregation... separate but equal.... was Biblical.  As I recall,  not one of those  who saw nothing  wrong with separating children from parents spoke out to say this was wrong.  If I am in error here in my assumption,  please forgive me. 

We all, unless we are native Americans, are descendants of immigrants. The world is getting  smaller, and we are inevitably becoming one big melting pot. Right or wrong, it is our future til the Lord comes back. IMHO, efforts would be better spent trying to live the message we say we believe, in hopes that others, whatever their culture, will ask us what we possess that they do not.

The minute we take sides on earthy strides, yet without our  hearts hungering for pure hearts, and His love flowing through our veins, we have veered off target. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I don't think you have a grasp on what "multi-culturalism" is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

Here is what concerns me and I fully realize it will be like whacking a hornets nest. We as children of God are citizens of Heaven. This is not our home. We are to set our affections on things above, and not get entangled with the affairs of this life. At some point, and in some areas we have already arrived, we as God’s own will have to choose love for God over Patriotism. The two are not the same. When they get linked together, a lot of error can be swallowed. 

America and God’s will are not the same. We have established some principles, no doubt, that sound Christian, but we as a nation are far from being a Christian nation. I am sure some will begin to stand up and scream “Blaspheny!” LOL, but what I say is he truth, And as the days get darker, I suspect we will one day be on the needing end of mercyand love from others. Lessons will hopefully be learned then if they are not now. 

Our  real problem is that we as His own are thinking by and large about how things affect US, and there in lies the sin. Loving others as we love ourselves is not a goal. It is our mandate... and our privelidge.. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I can appreciate your concern, Gideon. But your preaching to the choir. Do you think that most of us are not aware of what you are trying to instruct us, and we have not the same concerns. Do you think we are all on the milk, and only you can chew the meat. I don't know why and I will apologize now, if I'm too blunt,  but you come across so often as the only wise man behind the pulpit instructing his flock of ignoramuses. I had these same worries, similar concerns,  after studying scriptures as a young believer and the birth of my first child, almost forty years ago. And after many years of worry, and making  anxious decisions concerning my growing family, WE, my wife and I  decided to live the best way we know how, as unto the Lord, one day at a time, and allow God to show us the way. Without getting into much detail, we changed our lifestyle, raised our family separated from the world, and instructed our kids to keep ready for His return, and feed as many as possible. With the word. The Living water. We, and most everybody here knows, this earth is a temporary training ground, preparing us for eternity. DUH. When we set our affections above and not entangle our affairs in this life, we still have to eat, a dwelling, a job a place to come together with like minded believers. (The world) In the world, but not of the world. And enough of the worlds goods provided by our Lord to share with those in need. You say as the days get darker. There is no new sin under the sun. The apostles believed the Lord would return back then. I believe His return is eminent. But I don't actually do anything different than last year, and the year before, I did what I believe God would have me do. There are so many here that have been aware of all you are instructing us for a long time. It is almost insulting, the attitude. Again, this is only how (I) see it. I consider you a brother, with a knowledge of scripture.  You might cut the rest of us a little slack/credit.

Instead of instructing us what we should be doing so much, why not tell us what YOU have been doing to help further the good news, and helping the poor, and downtrodden. What works best for you, what are some of you methods to implement your desires to get the house ready for the Master's return. What kind of involvement are you participating in that we might learn from you?  God is light.    God is in control.      God is still on the throne!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,649
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  160
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I found this interesting:

The word multiculturalism was coined in 1965 apparently. 

According to the etymological dictionary the word "culture" was coined in the 1500s:

"the tilling of land, act of preparing the earth for crops," from Latin cultura "a cultivating, agriculture," figuratively "care, culture, an honoring," from past participle stem of colere "to tend, guard; to till, cultivate" 

Meaning "the cultivation or rearing of a crop, act of promoting growth in plants" (1620s) was transferred to fish, oysters, etc., by 1796, then to "production of bacteria or other microorganisms in a suitable environment" (1880), then "product of such a culture" (1884).

The figurative sense of "cultivation through education, systematic improvement and refinement of the mind" is attested by c. 1500; Century Dictionary writes that it was, "Not common before the nineteenth century, except with strong consciousness of the metaphor involved, though used in Latin by Cicero." Meaning "learning and taste, the intellectual side of civilization" is by 1805; the closely related sense of "collective customs and achievements of a people, a particular form of collective intellectual development" is by 1867

(the words colony, cultivate, cultivar and cult all come from the same root word)

don't know if this adds to anything but I like to know what a word means and used to mean. Very often such linguistic changes reveals how the concepts are perceived over time.