Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
purity

The devil had been defeated!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I just want to keep praising the Lord who had been faithful to me, gave His life for me and promised me a hopeful eternity with Him, and SHAME and Judgment on the enemy whatever their schemes against me they WILL FAIL because THE BIBLE SAYS I AM MORE THAN AN OVERCOMER THROUGH JESUS CHRIST!!

Now I see perfectly clear that the enemy was angry for what I said during lunch time by commanding him to get out of my life, hours later attacked my body and sleep and use people too LOL well the battle is on you will see me thrive, one bad word you throw at me ten praises I will give to God! 

And I AIN'T FIGHTING ALONE!!

Edited by purity
add words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Praise the Lord!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” (Luke 10:19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” (Luke 10:19)

He was speaking to 72 distinct people here, not the whole world. All the Apostles but John died some pretty serious deaths and were treated severely.......  and thousands of believers were cruelly put to death in the first century.  I don't think  this verse was intended for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, other one said:

He was speaking to 72 distinct people here, not the whole world. All the Apostles but John died some pretty serious deaths and were treated severely.......  and thousands of believers were cruelly put to death in the first century.  I don't think  this verse was intended for everyone.

Where did the apostles get thier authority? the Lord Trinity. We are in their progeny, “anyone who confesses Jesus Christ as Son of God, God lives in them and they live in God,” (1 John 4:15), “To whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory,” (Colossians 1:27), “Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?,” (1 Corinthians 3:16), and, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” (1 Peter 2:9-10). 

Yes, Jesus was speaking to 72, but also us, the heirs and descendants in faith, “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity,” (John 17:20-23), “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory,” (Romans 8:16-17). 

If God lives in us, we are His temple and we are One with him through faith, then why wouldn’t God trample on serpents and evil one in us? He lives in us, so then He can conquer through us. 
 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Where did the apostles get thier authority? the Lord Trinity. We are in their progeny, “anyone who confesses Jesus Christ as Son of God, God lives in them and they live in God,” (1 John 4:15), “To whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory,” (Colossians 1:27), “Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?,” (1 Corinthians 3:16), and, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” (1 Peter 2:9-10). 

Yes, Jesus was speaking to 72, but also us, the heirs and descendants in faith, “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity,” (John 17:20-23), “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory,” (Romans 8:16-17). 

If God lives in us, we are His temple and we are One with him through faith, then why wouldn’t God trample on serpents and evil one in us? He lives in us, so then He can conquer through us. 
 

if he was speaking to us then why did so many believers die in the first century...   Why do believers die all over the world each day...    Why do everyone I know who are believers and get snake bit get so sick over it....   myself included.      Why does so many bad things happen to our good people in church...   why do people get sick and die at young ages....

I can tell you as a believer who has dealt with the dark ones personally and can tell you that the reason we have any authority over them is through the Holy Spirit...  that is even more true today.    Yes we are Gods Children, but we still do not have authority over the dark one outside the Holy Spirit...…    not even the angels in heaven dare to tangle with Lucifer on their own...  not even Michael.

When you are brought into unity with the Lord, it is through the Holy Spirit that Jesus ask to be sent to us and that's basically what I've been saying.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, other one said:

if he was speaking to us then why did so many believers die in the first century...   Why do believers die all over the world each day...    Why do everyone I know who are believers and get snake bit get so sick over it....   myself included.      Why does so many bad things happen to our good people in church...   why do people get sick and die at young ages....

I can tell you as a believer who has dealt with the dark ones personally and can tell you that the reason we have any authority over them is through the Holy Spirit...  that is even more true today.    Yes we are Gods Children, but we still do not have authority over the dark one outside the Holy Spirit...…    not even the angels in heaven dare to tangle with Lucifer on their own...  not even Michael.

When you are brought into unity with the Lord, it is through the Holy Spirit that Jesus ask to be sent to us and that's basically what I've been saying.....

Perhaps a clarification is needed, snake and serpents and scorpions are demonic powers on this context, in Hebrew Seraph translates serpent in English, but Seraph is part of the word Seraphim, a type of angel, “Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven." (Isaiah 6:2, 6-7)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Perhaps a clarification is needed, snake and serpents and scorpions are demonic powers on this context, in Hebrew Seraph translates serpent in English, but Seraph is part of the word Seraphim, a type of angel, “Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. He touched my mouth with it and said, "Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven." (Isaiah 6:2, 6-7)

I had not thought of it in those terms....   will have to ponder on that for a while....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, other one said:

I had not thought of it in those terms....   will have to ponder on that for a while....

Thank you for pondering, and considering what I have shared. I love talking about these things, we all reflect insights of God and His truth when we share and sharpen each other. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×