• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Which raises the question of why wasn't the word for "days" used if the meaning being conveyed was in fact days?

I gave that a look and came away with understanding the meaning was one day for each morning and evening. Not that this is the correct understanding but a few translations seemed to speak to one day.

I know you're persuaded at the moment there is not a full 7 year period at the end of the age. I am, for reasons I have given earlier.  Maybe there is some bias in what follows but it struck me and I just thought I would share.

If this vision of the end contains the 2300 days, and if the 2300 days begins at the same time as the beginning of the last week, 2300 days is 6.38 years, that would leave approximately 8 months at the end for wrath.

It could be this 2300 days encompasses much of the end of the age, which at the end the sanctuary is cleansed. That sanctuary would be us, the true church, the elect. Perhaps. Idk, but I like how it fits with other prophetic times at the end.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Which raises the question of why wasn't the word for "days" used if the meaning being conveyed was in fact days?

Could the 2300 be double counting?  Once for the evening an once for the morning.  That would put the count at 1150 full days.  Similar to a evening and morning prayer.   2300 days would  come out to be 6.3 years.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55

33 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I gave that a look and came away with understanding the meaning was one day for each morning and evening. Not that this is the correct understanding but a few translations seemed to speak to one day.

I know you're persuaded at the moment there is not a full 7 year period at the end of the age. I am, for reasons I have given earlier.  Maybe there is some bias in what follows but it struck me and I just thought I would share.

If this vision of the end contains the 2300 days, and if the 2300 days begins at the same time as the beginning of the last week, 2300 days is 6.38 years, that would leave approximately 8 months at the end for wrath.

It could be this 2300 days encompasses much of the end of the age, which at the end the sanctuary is cleansed. That sanctuary would be us, the true church, the elect. Perhaps. Idk, but I like how it fits with other prophetic times at the end.

" How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled< He said to me, "For 2300 evenings and mornings, then the holy place will be properly restored".....Dan 8:13-14

Jesus returns 1260 days after the AofD is set up.

The phrase evenings and mornings is a traditional Jewish phrase for "day".....(there was evening and morning,day one)

What does "properly restored" mean? The Hebrew word translated "properly restored" is TSADEQ, which means "make righteous". The Greek word for this same phrase is KATHARIZO which means "make clean". ..................So, it will take 1040 days after Armegeddon for the Temple to be completely cleansed and made righteous. ( 1260 + 1040 = 2300 days from the Midpoint )

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

This may be a stupid question but we are assuming these time periods are all in the 2nd half? No overlap?

Hi Diaste

Not a stupid question at all.

They start at the Midpoint, at the AofD.

1260 days till the Lord physically comes back, on the ground. Then 1290 days for the sheep and goat judgment, then 1335 for the cleansing of the temple.

No overlap. 1260 days, followed by 30 days (1290) then 45 days (1335)

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,986
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

21 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

The phrase evenings and mornings is a traditional Jewish phrase for "day".....(there was evening and morning,day one)

42 minutes ago, Brother Duke said:

Could the 2300 be double counting?  Once for the evening an once for the morning.  That would put the count at 1150 full days.  Similar to a evening and morning prayer.   2300 days would  come out to be 6.3 years.

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I know that evening and morning define a day but I can't find anywhere else where more than one day is described as "evenings and mornings."  There are numerous cases where 7 days, 40 days, 50 days, 150 days, etc, etc are mentioned but never 7 evenings and mornings, 40 evenings and mornings, etc.  Only in Daniel 8 can I find multiple evenings and mornings given as a time reference.  Why is that?

• The one lamb you shall offer in the morning and the other lamb you shall offer at twilight.  Exodus 29:39
  • You shall offer the one lamb in the morning and the other lamb you shall offer at twilight.  Numbers 28:4

There was a regular sacrifice in the morning and in the evening.  The prophecy of Daniel centers on "the regular sacrifice." 

• It even magnified itself to be equal with the Commander of the host; and it removed the regular sacrifice from Him, and the place of His sanctuary was thrown down.  And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice; and it will fling truth to the ground and perform its will and prosper.  Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to that particular one who was speaking, “How long will the vision about the regular sacrifice apply, while the transgression causes horror, so as to allow both the holy place and the host to be trampled?”  He said to me, “For 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the holy place will be properly restored.”  Daniel 8:11-14

I don't think its a coincidence that the answer to the question in red about the duration of the regular sacrifice was given in evenings and mornings.  I read the answer as "For 2300 regular sacrifices; then the holy place will be properly restored." which comes out to 1150 days.

So, what is the new covenant equivalent of the regular sacrifice?  And how will it be removed?  And how will it be properly restored?  Pay particular attention to this verse:

• And on account of transgression the host will be given over to the horn along with the regular sacrifice.  Daniel 8:12a

The new covenant regular sacrifice is our daily worship of God in spirit and truth.  The horn removes the regular sacrifice from God and throws down His sanctuary when the "worship the image or die" ultimatum is issued.

Those believers who are deceived into committing the transgression of idolatry and worship the man of sin will give their obedience to the image instead of God.  Look at Daniel 8:12a carefully.  In that case, the regular sacrifice is not abolished.  It is given to the horn.

The holy place will be properly restored through repentance.  The plagues that come after the sixth seal will convict the deceived believers of their idolatry and restore worship back to God.  It will take 1150 days for that to be completed.

I personally don't think that there will be a rebuilt physical temple in Jerusalem that is of any prophetic significance.  There might be one rebuilt there and if so, I think that it will only serve as a red herring that will mislead. 

That's my take on Daniel 8.  I'm flexible though and will just wait and see what happens.  And now, back to the 1260, 1290 and 1335 mornings and evenings days.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  401
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Diaste

Not a stupid question at all.

They start at the Midpoint, at the AofD.

1260 days till the Lord physically comes back, on the ground. Then 1290 days for the sheep and goat judgment, then 1335 for the cleansing of the temple.

No overlap. 1260 days, followed by 30 days (1290) then 45 days (1335)

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Great topic and discussion JoeCanada.

I always took the condition given in Daniel 9:24, "anoint the most Holy" as having to do with the cleansing and consecration of the Holy of Holies in the Temple. The idea that the 2300 refers to "days" which begin in the midst of the week as opposed to evenings and mornings don't quite accord with that understanding. I'm open to being corrected if I see it in the Holy Scriptures.

Another thing that I have come to understand is that when the various statements of time are given in the Scriptures, they are used as we use them. Time, times and the dividing of time is not as precise as 42 months, nor is 42 months as precise as 1260 days. Also, I believe that the starting point of the GT, the AOD, doesn't happen in the middle of the week as counted by days, but is intended to be less precise. It happens in the middle generally, or in the midst as it says in Dan 9:27. We notice that the 1260 days +3.5 days that are given to the 2 witnesses must begin before the 42 months that the Beast continues unless the 42 months refers to 42 months approximately.

Hallelujah

17 minutes ago, Steve Conley said:

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ,

Great topic and discussion JoeCanada.

I always took the condition given in Daniel 9:24, "anoint the most Holy" as having to do with the cleansing and consecration of the Holy of Holies in the Temple. The idea that the 2300 refers to "days" which begin in the midst of the week as opposed to evenings and mornings don't quite accord with that understanding. I'm open to being corrected if I see it in the Holy Scriptures.

Another thing that I have come to understand is that when the various statements of time are given in the Scriptures, they are used as we use them. Time, times and the dividing of time is not as precise as 42 months, nor is 42 months as precise as 1260 days. Also, I believe that the starting point of the GT, the AOD, doesn't happen in the middle of the week as counted by days, but is intended to be less precise. It happens in the middle generally, or in the midst as it says in Dan 9:27. We notice that the 1260 days +3.5 days that are given to the 2 witnesses must begin before the 42 months that the Beast continues unless the 42 months refers to 42 months approximately.

Hallelujah

Hi Steve....

So really, there are two questions to answer here. Is it 2300 evenings PLUS mornings.....(1150 days).....or 2300 evenings and mornings (2300 days)?

We know that Jesus doesn't return until 1260 days after the Abomination of Desolation is set up. So how can the smaller figure of 1150 days relate to this time period? It can't. I just don't see it fitting.

"And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the Abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.....Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the thousand three hundred and thirty five days"....Dan 12: 11-12

"And the evening and morning were the first day"....Genesis 1:5

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

16 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

So really, there are two questions to answer here. Is it 2300 evenings PLUS mornings.....(1150 days).....or 2300 evenings and mornings (2300 days)?

It seems that the KJV translated the same as Wycliff, except that Wycliff included the euentid (evening) and morewtid (morning) and then used the word "daies" (days).  Plus it is really fun to read! Bottom line is that I am satisfied that either way it is translated, it means a day. This is important to defend against the Day/Age Theory of creation, that's why I got into the evening and the morning thing to begin with. (Not trying to open a whole new debate here with creation!)

Daniel 8:14 And he seide to hym, Til to the euentid and morewtid, two thousynde daies and thre hundrid; and the seyntuarie schal be clensid.

32 minutes ago, JoeChan82 said:

It seems that the KJV translated the same as Wycliff, except that Wycliff included the euentid (evening) and morewtid (morning) and then used the word "daies" (days).  Plus it is really fun to read! Bottom line is that I am satisfied that either way it is translated, it means a day. This is important to defend against the Day/Age Theory of creation, that's why I got into the evening and the morning thing to begin with. (Not trying to open a whole new debate here with creation!)

Daniel 8:14 And he seide to hym, Til to the euentid and morewtid, two thousynde daies and thre hundrid; and the seyntuarie schal be clensid.

Hey Joe...

Yowser.... that would take some getting used to for sure. But like you say....fun to read.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 7/8/2018 at 6:28 PM, JoeCanada said:

1260, 1290, 1335 Days of Daniel.

What do these mystic numbers mean? All of these number of days are calculated from the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation at the Midpoint of the 7oth week, at which time the Great Tribulation also begins. These count of days are the God-ordained time limit for the desolation and desecration that the Antichrist will inflict on the Temple and God’s people.

The first ‘number’ is 1260 days, and from Revelation we see that this is equivalent to 42 months and 3 ½ years.

“Then the woman fled into the wilderness where she has a place prepared by God, so that there she would be nourished for one thousand two hundred and sixty days (1260 days)”….Rev 12:6

“But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she will be nourished for a time and times and half a time (3 ½ years)…Rev 12:14”

Since two different ways of expressing that period are given, they must be equivalent. We also see the same in Daniel…….where the period of the Antichrists authority is the same.

“They (the saints) will be given into his hand for a time, times and half a time. (3 ½ years)”…Dan 7:25

“There was given to him a mouth speaking arrogant words and blasphemies, and authority to act for forty-two months (42 months) was given to him”…..Rev 13:5

So the bible shows three ways that this period is designated……1260 days, 3 ½ years, forty two months…..and they are all equivalent to the reign of the Antichrist. This now gives us a fixed point from which we can surmise what all the other mysterious days may involve. (the time from the midpoint of the 70th week to the end of the reign of the Antichrist)

Could Daniels’ days of 1260, 1290, and 1335 be linked to the fulfillment of the Feasts of the Lord?

Christ fulfilled the four spring feasts in HIS FIRST COMING. They are Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits and Pentecost.  Scholars have noted that they were fulfilled precisely and to the day.

So we can say with a certain level of confidence that Christ will fulfill the Fall Feasts at His second coming…….precisely and to the day. They are Feast of Trumpets, Feast of Atonement,  Feast of Tabernacles.

1260 days……Starting at the midpoint, the Antichrist is given authority for 3 ½ years….42 months…time, times and half a time. These are all equivalent to 1260 days. The Antichrists reign ends when Jesus is present upon the earth., which occurs at the end of the 7oth week. There can only be one King of the Earth.

1290 days……

“ From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1290 days”  ……Daniel 12:11

This date ( related to 1290 days ) is 30 days after the physical second coming, which occurs on Yom Kippur, (Day of Atonement), Tishri 10 (day 1260). The biblical date for 1290 days will be the date Cheshvan 10 on the biblical calendar. Now, historically, this is the day that Noah and his family entered the ark. Every Ark in the bible is symbolic of Jesus.

Could the Sheep and  Goat  Judgment be the event foretold by the mysterious 1290 days?......

“ When  the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left……” Math 25:31-33

The unrighteous survivors of the 70th week…..the goats….. are  severely judged and thrown into the lake of fire along with the Antichrist and the False Prophet. Jesus removes all the wicked from the earth. It will be the official last day of the rebellion that started with the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation.

The righteous survivors of the 70th week will take shelter in King Jesus, the Ark. It’s a perfect fulfillment of Cheshvan 10. In the days of Noah, the wicked and righteous were separated when God closed the door of the Ark.

1335 days……

“ How blessed is he who keeps waiting and attains to the 1,335 days…”  Dan 12:12

Hanukkah is the feast that celebrates the rededication of the temple. It was desecrated by the first Abomination of Desolation set up by  Antiochus Epiphanes in the second century BC.

Could the 1335th day be another rededication of the Temple, on Hanukkah, which is rebuilt by Jesus after He returns?....If this is correct then Cheshvan 23 is the day when the polluted stones  (the Abomination )were removed from the Temple in the 2nd century BC.  It is highly likely that the upcoming event in the 21st century will mirror this ancient cleansing of the temple.

I had this in another thread, but it belongs here in all reality. I am just copy and pasting, I will go back and read your understanding afterwards.

Why do you place the AoD at the midpoint when Daniel 12 makes it very clear that this can not be the case ? 

Daniel 12:5 Then I, Daniel, looked, and there before me stood two others, one on this bank of the river and one on the opposite bank. 6 One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”

7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time (1260 Days). When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

8 I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”

9 He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days. 12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

Daniel in verse 5 saw 2 others, I think one was Jesus, he was asked a question for Daniel's sake by an Angel, he was asked basically how long will it be until the end of all of these wonders (astonishing things) that Daniel has been shown. Then in verse 7 Jesus answers and says that from the time the power of the holy peoples have been broken (Not the AoD by the way, its the Anti-Christ Conquering the Holy Peoples/Jerusalem that is the 1260) there will be 1260 days left until all of these things will be COMPLETED or until Jesus' Second Coming. 

In verse 8 Daniel doesn't understand, of course, Jesus then says in verses 9 & 10, go your way Daniel these truths will be sealed until the End Times which is NOW. And he is told many will be purified and made spotless and refined but the wicked will continue to be wicked, this is Jesus telling him the Jews of the end time REPENT/ATONE thus the wise will understand [where to flee unto, and what's going on at the END TIMES]. 

Then we get VERSE 11, The Abomination of Desolation comes at the 1290, NOT THE MID POINT !! That is very a important difference. This means the AoD comes 30 days before the 1260, because EACH NUMBER is a set number of days from an EVENT until the End of these wonders (Second Coming). Verse 12 then talks about a "BLESSING" at the 1335, and since the Two-witnesses show up Before the Day of the Lord according to Malachi 4:5-6, which starts at the 1260, then the 1335 is the Blessing of the Two-witnesses showing up to RESTORE ALL THINGS just like Jesus foretold in Matthew ch. 17. 

Then he tells Daniel that he will rise up (be resurrected) at the END OF DAYS to receive his inheritance, thus the Jews are raised up when Jesus returns and delivers Israel, the Dead in Christ are raised up pre 70th Week and return with Christ (Rev. 19) after Marrying the Lamb. 

So the AoD is not the midway point, it comes 30 days before the midway point which is the Anti-Christ Conquering Jerusalem at the 1260 when the POWER of the Holy Peoples are broken !! Thus the 1290 comes 30 days before the 1260. This allows the Jews to Flee Judea just before the Anti-Christ Conquers the Holy Peoples/Jerusalem/Israel. 

Immediately AFTER the 1260 (Tribulation of those days start) Conquering of the Holy Peoples, the Sun and Moon will not give their lights, and THEN [afterwards] Jesus will return in the clouds at the Second Coming [with the Church in tow]. 

Edited by Revelation Man