• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

Years ago a teaching that Jesus didn't really die was being given some prominence, but at the time I wasn't having any of it and I'm still not having any of it. The Scriptures are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that the person of God may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, ) so here are a few headings and reference verses that help us proclaim the death of Christ in the celebration of the Lord's Supper, or Communion as it is known.

1 Corinthians 11:26  For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till he come.

1. The Death of Christ is Real:  as planned by God (1 Peter 1:18-21, Revelation 13:8, ), as pictured and prophesied (Isaiah 53:8-9,), as our passover (1 Corinthians 5:7, ), as payment by God at His own expense, forgiving the debt ( Matthew 20:28, Acts 20:28, 1 Corinthians 6:20,)         

2. The Death of Christ is Voluntary: as submitted to by Him (John 10:17-18, Luke 22:42, Philippians 2:6-8, )

3. The Death of Christ is Sufficient: to deliver, reconcile, cleanse, and fill sinners with hope (John 19:30, Colossians 2:8-10, ) 

4. The Death of Christ is Dynamic: because it leads to the death of death's curse, power, and dominion (Isaiah 25:8, Acts 2:22-24, 1 Corinthians 15: 54-57, Colossians 2:11-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, Revelation 1:17-18, 20:14, 21:14, )

If the death of Christ is not a real death then no real payment for sin has been made, and the types and shadows of Old Testament sacrifices have not been fulfilled.

If the death of Christ is not voluntary then it is not an obedient act of love.

If the death of Christ is not sufficient then there is more work to be done.

If the death of Christ is not dynamic then him who has the power of death is not destroyed, that is - the devil, and death is not swallowed up in victory.

Better to proclaim all these aspects of Christ's death than deny them...

I hope some find this material helpful.

Edited by Michael37
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/9/2018 at 8:20 AM, Michael37 said:

Years ago a teaching that Jesus didn't really die was being given some prominence, but at the time I wasn't having any of it and I'm still not having any of it. The Scriptures are profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness, that the person of God may be thoroughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, ) so here are a few headings and reference verses that help us proclaim the death of Christ in the celebration of the Lord's Supper, or Communion as it is known.

1 Corinthians 11:26  For as often as you eat this bread, and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till he come.

1. The Death of Christ is Real:  as planned by God (1 Peter 1:18-21, Revelation 13:8, ), as pictured and prophesied (Isaiah 53:8-9,), as our passover (1 Corinthians 5:7, ), as payment by God at His own expense, forgiving the debt ( Matthew 20:28, Acts 20:28, 1 Corinthians 6:20,)         

2. The Death of Christ is Voluntary: as submitted to by Him (John 10:17-18, Luke 22:42, Philippians 2:6-8, )

3. The Death of Christ is Sufficient: to deliver, reconcile, cleanse, and fill sinners with hope (John 19:30, Colossians 2:8-10, ) 

4. The Death of Christ is Dynamic: because it leads to the death of death's curse, power, and dominion (Isaiah 25:8, Acts 2:22-24, 1 Corinthians 15: 54-57, Colossians 2:11-15, Hebrews 2:14-15, Revelation 1:17-18, 20:14, 21:14, )

If the death of Christ is not a real death then no real payment for sin has been made, and the types and shadows of Old Testament sacrifices have not been fulfilled.

If the death of Christ is not dynamic then him who has the power of death is not destroyed, that is - the devil, and death is not swallowed up in victory.

Who claimed that, believers or unbelievers? 

And what are they claiming about Jesus as to what happen? 

it seems they do not denied the existence of Jesus while he was on earth and his miraculous deeds. 

It also seems they do not denied the promish of the messiah or the Christ. 

What do they actually believe and hope about the mission of the Messiah . 

What they believe it happened to Jesus? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Who claimed that, believers or unbelievers? 

And what are they claiming about Jesus as to what happen? 

it seems they do not denied the existence of Jesus while he was on earth and his miraculous deeds. 

It also seems they do not denied the promish of the messiah or the Christ. 

What do they actually believe and hope about the mission of the Messiah . 

What they believe it happened to Jesus? 

Hi cf, There have been several atheistic and sectarian variations of the "Jesus didn't really die" claim since His ressurection, but when I heard a now deceased but well-known international mainline Christian preacher repeatedly teaching that Jesus went into some sort of coma-like state but didn't actually die because He was God in human form and couldn't die no matter what was done to Him because God is eternal, I thought it was bad theology, but then other local preachers began spreading this teaching and I thought it was something I needed to speak against for the above reasons.

The whole point of the incarnation was for Jesus to die as a human for humans. His body totally died when He "gave up the ghost".  

Luk 23:46
(46)  And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Hi cf, There have been several atheistic and sectarian variations of the "Jesus didn't really die" claim since His ressurection, but when I heard a now deceased but well-known international mainline Christian preacher repeatedly teaching that Jesus went into some sort of coma-like state but didn't actually die because He was God in human form and couldn't die no matter what was done to Him because God is eternal, I thought it was bad theology, but then other local preachers began spreading this teaching and I thought it was something I needed to speak against for the above reasons.

The whole point of the incarnation was for Jesus to die as a human for humans. His body totally died when He "gave up the ghost".  

A man had to die for the mankind, to redeem the mankind, this man had to be an Adam. 

This Man-Adam had to inherit Heaven for him self and the mankind of his Blood and of  his Spirit, of his righteousness and of his Life. 

He was made a Patriarch for those who believe in him. And a lot more.....

At the time of the birth of Jesus CHRIST the whole world was divided into two nations, the nation of the unclean, "the Gentiles", and the Nation of the clean the Israelites plus Abraham and Isaac, who also had righteousness but not Life, no one had inherited the Life of Adam, because he had children after he lost the life and was seperated from God.

Adam could not sin in the Garden, it was impossible to sin , Adam could only disobey.

And he found himself without the Life but also without sin , and God could have fellowship with him, and his children. 

When Kain sin, then he was cut off from God, his sin was a grave sin, and they were worn about taking the life of an another man. 

Kain sin and he was cut off from God, him and his offsprings. 

That time all men had only one inheritance after they died , the one bellow, and while they lived they remained on earth because of their earthly bodies. 

They had first to die to go down there, in the place of the dead. 

When the man dies their Spirits do not remain in a dead body and leave. 

So for Jesus to go down their and take a tour of the place of the dead, not just in the Bossom of Abraham but in all parts of the world down there, even in the lower parts of the Earth. 

Jesus had to die first. 

The Man, the second Adam had to die first, 

The only inheritance fir Man was the one bellow, Jesus as a Jew his inheritance at death was the Bossom of Abraham. 

Later we see that God gave him the Heavens as his inheritance and Jesus open the way for man to go to Heavens. 

Since that time we have two inheritance fir man, 

The one above, and the one bellow, 

Heaven or Hell, 

Life or death. 

after groups unrighteous and had inherited death, and had also the descending inheritance. 

They belong below by inheritance, the people gave birth and the increase the people who belong bellow, 

The question to ask is why Jesus was the second-Adam, a man with the Life and the righteousness of the Heavenly Father. 

Luk 23:46
(46)  And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Thank you for giving the whole story. 

We could look into why this preacher walk this path and the reasoning he use to come to this coclusion, and how it could have been avoided, and never to be possible to fall in this error. 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/9/2018 at 2:20 PM, Michael37 said:

This material is helpful, thanks.

But, to '~these aspects of Christ's death~', as Closestfriendnt said below, '~A man had to die for the mankind, to redeem the mankind~', two more are proposed of conditional import:

First, "GOD IN CHRIST" had to die to redeem sinners;

Finally, "Christ hidden in God" had to RISE from death, and "our life with Him".

And, categorically in between his Death and Resurrection, we, had to have died and been "BURIED with Christ in his death", as well as "co-raised-together-with-and-in Him" in his RESURRECTION. 

These two 'aspects' of Christ's Salvation are usually lost sight of or rather, ignored or denied.

"That I may be FOUND IN HIM ... that I may know HIM, and the Power of HIS Resurrection and the fellowship of HIS Sufferings (while I am) being made conformable unto His Death if by any means I might (through the Power of His Resurrection) be made conformable unto the resurrection of the dead." Philippians 3:9-11.

Edited by gerhard eber