Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

After nearly 30 years of struggling to overcome my chosen sins. Those that my “old nature” chose to find pleasure in. I confidently can testify to all that would be free from their “old man and his deeds”, there is a way. That way is spelled out in Scripture.

First there has to be a hunger for freedom from, as Paul says “the body of this death”. Than  when that hunger or desire has reached its fullness and the believer still finds himself under the control of his passions and desires. Yet still that hunger after righteousness and God would not be satisfied and screams in Him “there is a way”. It is than the believer is brought to the place where he has been brought to the end of himself. He sees that there is absolutely no way he can live righteously before God, yet he would have it so. It is here his choice is to be made. He can choose to live a Carnal life where his sins are forgiven but he has intermittent fellowship with God. Broken by his sins and than repenting over and over. He can harden his heart and choose to ignore the voice of God in  his innermost being. Or he can choose to prefer death over sinning. It is this last choice that brings Christ to life in a believers heart and life, where that believer can now grow to maturity. When a believer is brought to this place and is made willing to give up his whole life rather than sin. Victory over the old man is just right around the corner. For it is understanding this truth, “when Christ died I died” from the heart, that sets a person free from “self”. For self is our worst enemy, it is self that causes us not to grow in Christ. But the command to “deny self” which at first seems so hard and impossible to accomplish is really quite simple, once a believer has been brought to this  place, where he sees the need for it. So I say to all that are struggling, do not stop pressing into Christ. As much as is possible in you, feed your personal relationship with Christ. It is this relationship with Christ  that will teach you all things. It is this relationship that will make the words of scripture come alive in your heart. For our salvation in Christ is a absolute one, it is a complete one and a glorious one, which purpose is to produce righteousness in our lives. For God has given Christ to mankind, he can have as much or as little as he wants. That we as His body would come to know Him in all reality and all truth. Blessing to all that call on the name of the Lord Jesus from a pure heart. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

2 hours ago, Not me said:

After nearly 30 years of struggling to overcome my chosen sins. Those that my “old nature” chose to find pleasure in. I confidently can testify to all that would be free from their “old man and his deeds”, there is a way. That way is spelled out in Scripture.

First there has to be a hunger for freedom from, as Paul says “the body of this death”. Than  when that hunger or desire has reached its fullness and the believer still finds himself under the control of his passions and desires. Yet still that hunger after righteousness and God would not be satisfied and screams in Him “there is a way”. It is than the believer is brought to the place where he has been brought to the end of himself. He sees that there is absolutely no way he can live righteously before God, yet he would have it so. It is here his choice is to be made. He can choose to live a Carnal life where his sins are forgiven but he has intermittent fellowship with God. Broken by his sins and than repenting over and over. He can harden his heart and choose to ignore the voice of God in  his innermost being. Or he can choose to prefer death over sinning. It is this last choice that brings Christ to life in a believers heart and life, where that believer can now grow to maturity. When a believer is brought to this place and is made willing to give up his whole life rather than sin. Victory over the old man is just right around the corner. For it is understanding this truth, “when Christ died I died” from the heart, that sets a person free from “self”. For self is our worst enemy, it is self that causes us not to grow in Christ. But the command to “deny self” which at first seems so hard and impossible to accomplish is really quite simple, once a believer has been brought to this  place, where he sees the need for it. So I say to all that are struggling, do not stop pressing into Christ. As much as is possible in you, feed your personal relationship with Christ. It is this relationship with Christ  that will teach you all things. It is this relationship that will make the words of scripture come alive in your heart. For our salvation in Christ is a absolute one, it is a complete one and a glorious one, which purpose is to produce righteousness in our lives. For God has given Christ to mankind, he can have as much or as little as he wants. That we as His body would come to know Him in all reality and all truth. Blessing to all that call on the name of the Lord Jesus from a pure heart. 

Most know that I am not a man of few words, lol, but brother, I would not change or see a need to add one word to what you wrote. Praise God for His truth that truly does set us free.

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

11 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Most know that I am not a man of few words, lol, but brother, I would not change or see a need to add one word to what you wrote. Praise God for His truth that truly does set us free.

Blessings, 

Gideon

Thanks for the encouragement, it’s always appreciated. :)

It is “for freedom that Christ set us free”. The freedom to live, not under the bondage of sin, but in the freedom of righteousness. That we may all find this freedom.