Jump to content
Saved.One.by.Grace

Jimmy Carter: Jesus Would ‘Approve’ of Gay Marriage, Some Abortions

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Source: Jimmy Carter Speaks for Jesus?

Quote

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Sunday that Jesus would approve of gay marriage and certain abortions in an interview with HuffPost Live.

Speaking of his faith, Mr. Carter said in his career as a politician he never ran across “any really serious conflicts between my political obligations and my religious faith.”

Asked about gay marriage, he replied that it is “no problem with me. I think everybody should have a right to get married regardless of their sex.

Regarding whether he thinks Jesus would approve of gay marriage, Carter replied “I don’t have any verse in Scripture,” but added, “I believe that Jesus would approve of gay marriage.”

“I think Jesus would encourage any love affair if it was honest and sincere and was not damaging to anyone else and I don’t see that gay marriage damages anyone else,” he said.

The 39th president did add a caveat concerning religious liberty and the right to “opt out” of same-sex marriage.

“The only thing I would draw a line on,” he said, is “I wouldn’t be in favor of the government being able to force a local church congregation to perform gay marriages if they didn’t want to. But those two partners should be able to go to a local courthouse or to a different church and get married.”

Mr. Carter said that abortion has always been a struggle for him, because he does not believe Jesus would be in favor of most abortions.

“I have had a problem with abortion. This has been a long-time problem of mine,” he said.

“I have a hard time believing that Jesus would approve abortions unless it was because of rape or incest or if the mother’s life was in danger. So I’ve had that struggle,” he said.

Jimmy Carter.  Who's going to listen to this two-faced anti-Jewish bigot?  I submit, he is not a Christian with this much hate in his heart.  Hate for the Jewish people, and hate for the people he is trying to lead astray.  Is any of his religious liberty quote remotely Biblical?

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Jimmy Carter Speaks for Jesus?

Jimmy Carter.  Who's going to listen to this two-faced anti-Jewish bigot?  I submit, he is not a Christian with this much hate in his heart.  Hate for the Jewish people, and hate for the people he is trying to lead astray.  Is any of his religious liberty quote remotely Biblical?

All I know is that I don't want to be him before the Throne.

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is way off the rails for sure, but I would hesitate to say he is unsaved when Ive heard him claim Christ. Only the Lord really knows his heart. He needs to be taught what the bible says though.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

He is way off the rails for sure, but I would hesitate to say he is unsaved when Ive heard him claim Christ. Only the Lord really knows his heart. He needs to be taught what the bible says though.

He's leading others astray.  He seems to be justifying himself by works, and his works won't save him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Carter is the most dangerous kind of 'Christian'.  Like the Pharisees he feigns a type of righteousness but doesn't live by God's word. 

  • Thumbs Up 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he must have eaten a bad peanut. 💀

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Jimmy Carter is the most dangerous kind of 'Christian'.  Like the Pharisees he feigns a type of righteousness but doesn't live by God's word. 

Waves

Good to see you again

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Frankly, I gave up on Jimmy Carter a long time ago.

Edited by Sojourner414
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Jimmy Carter Speaks for Jesus?

Jimmy Carter.  Who's going to listen to this two-faced anti-Jewish bigot?  I submit, he is not a Christian with this much hate in his heart.  Hate for the Jewish people, and hate for the people he is trying to lead astray.  Is any of his religious liberty quote remotely Biblical?

You tread on thin ice when you make a judgement on his salvation status.  You can't know the position of his heart but you can certainly state that biblically, what he is saying about gay marriage is 100% wrong.

It is a false dichotomy every time someone tries to justify gay marriage by saying that it isn't hurting anyone.  Of course it is.  It is harming the people practicing it, in several different ways that are continually ignored by secular society.  God does not approve of it, no matter what anyone says.  But Carter has always been whack when it comes to several things.  We are talking about a man who is highly anti-Semitic and tries to bargain with Islamic terrorists.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

You tread on thin ice when you make a judgement on his salvation status.  You can't know the position of his heart but you can certainly state that biblically, what he is saying about gay marriage is 100% wrong.

It is a false dichotomy every time someone tries to justify gay marriage by saying that it isn't hurting anyone.  Of course it is.  It is harming the people practicing it, in several different ways that are continually ignored by secular society.  God does not approve of it, no matter what anyone says.  But Carter has always been whack when it comes to several things.  We are talking about a man who is highly anti-Semitic and tries to bargain with Islamic terrorists.

I just find it hard to believe he is a Christian with this much love of sin in his heart, and his hatred of the Jewish people.  That's not to say he could not have a come to Jesus moment.  For his sake, I hope he does.  It's not my place to judge him and I personally did not if you read my carefully chosen words.  What should be said about someone leading others astray?  He built a lot of houses for poor people?  That's the very definition of salvation by works.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×