• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/30/1953

When I write I know that there will be those who have not, nor will not open their bibles or pursue my previous blogs, and therefore, I give you all, a little lead into the story. I also wanted to reiterate that I have friends that encourage me, as they tell me, you make the Bible understandable. In thinking about that aspect, I merely write the way I talk; mind you I clean up the language a bit and grammar check extensively. Perhaps this is my way of apologizing if this seems like I am going to slowly. It is, after all, how I learn.

Gog was a descendant of Reuben. Now, since NO ONE (with two exceptions) escaped death, then we can understand that this original person or entity (regarding a people group,) has long since died. It is possible, because it frequently happened throughout history, that someone else now has the name Gog. But TODAY, it is possible that we are dealing with a people group or nation filled with descendants of Gog, that have the same oppressive mentality. In trying to find background information on Gog I see a strong association with the Scythians - violent, nomadic, horseman, who excelled at mounted attacks. Ezekiel may, or may not, have known any of this, and therefore makes the prophecy ever more appropriate.

When we last saw Gog, he decided that he would “go up against the land of unwalled villages. I will go against those who are at rest, that live securely, all of them living without walls and having no bars or gates, to capture spoil and to seize plunder, to turn your hand against the waste places which are now inhabited, and against the people who are gathered from the nations, who have acquired cattle and goods, who live at the center of the world.” [Ezekiel 38:11,12.]

I suspect that many see Gog has having a preeminent role in world leadership, but verse 13 makes it sound as though not everybody is on board with his plans. If this is the Muslim world, it is obvious, from scripture, that not everyone agrees with Gog's leadership.

Ezekiel 38:13 NASB ", Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, 'Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil?'"'

Sheba and Dedan, it seems, were within Saudi Arabia. Tarshish is the same town to which the Prophet Jonah tried to flee. I could not find Tarshish on any of my maps, and several commentators agreed that Tarshish, based upon information that is no longer accessible, was on the coast of Spain.

There are many ways to take this statement, “Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder,” as those talking could be aligned with Gog, greedy, or in disagreement.

Matthew Henry conveys a similar idea.

"Sheba and Dedan, the Arabians and the Edomites, and the merchants of Tarshish, of Tyre and Sidon and other maritime cities, they and their young lions that are greedy of spoil and live upon it, shall say, Hast thou come to take the spoil of this land?” Yes, he has; and therefore they wish him success. Or perhaps they envy him or grudge it to him. “Hast thou come for riches who art thyself so rich already?” Or, knowing that God was on Israel's side, they thus ridicule his attempts, foreseeing that they would be baffled and that he would be disappointed of the prey he promised himself. Or, if he comes to take the prey, they will come and join with him, and add to his forces."

Whatever verse 13 means, it seems the Lord directly moves on, as he again tells Ezekiel to prophesy. In spite of what Dr. David Reagan thinks, the Lord considers Israel land that is NOW living securely.

Ezekiel 38:14,15NET. "Therefore, prophesy, son of man, and say to Gog: 'This is what the sovereign LORD says: On that day when my people Israel are living securely, you will take notice 15) and come from your place, from the remote parts of the north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a vast army.

We have already, in my previous post, discussed Gog. We know he is a leader, but of what country or nation?

Ezekiel 38:2 ISV "Son of Man, turn your attention toward Gog, from the land of Magog, the chief noble of Meshech, and Tubal. Prophesy this against him:

Meshech and Magog are in the region of land that some call the “stan” nations. This region of the world is currently under Turkish control, and it lies in the southern regions between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. Russia, for a period, retained control over these nations but eventually relinquished their public grasp. Wiser men would tell you to keep your eyes on Recep Erdoğan, the “leader” of Turkey.

• all of them riding on horses.”

I did an internet search to find out what nations still have mounted equestrian Calvary units. It turns out that India has one of the largest. After that comes Chile and then Germany (Strangely, under the leadership of Angela Merkel, Germany seems to be giving itself over entirely to Islamic rule.) None of these seem to fit the requirements of a mounted equestrian group that would potentially come from the north in such mass numbers.

The word for mounted soldiers is Calvary. However, that can mean almost any form of mobilized units anymore.

So, the truth is, I have no clear idea how Ezekiel 38:15 is going to play out. However, we may have to keep a closer eye on India, and perhaps Germany now.

Ezekiel 38:16 ISV “You'll come up to invade my people Israel like a storm cloud to cover the land. In the last days, Gog, I'll bring you up to invade my land so that the world will learn to know me when I show them how holy I am before their very eyes.”

• You'll come up to invade my people Israel like a storm cloud to cover the land.”

This may seem simplistic, but consider how storm clouds come; some are tall and ominous, and can bring lightning, hail, and tornadoes; while others, bringing rain can be scattered and welcome after a hot dry season – that will not be the case here; and then, there are those that cover the sky from end to end – these remove the bright light from the day, bring rain, and often destruction. The descriptive we given through Ezekiel has no good in it; and, like the destructive storms, you know many are going to get hurt.

• Gog, I'll bring you up to invade my land so that the world will learn to know me when I show them how holy I am before their very eyes.”

I have come to realize that nothing happens outside of God's will. That includes the good and the bad. Do I understand the bad and appreciate it, hardly, but I must accept and understand that God does. In this case, we are told that God intends to show the world that He is Holy, through His actions He is about to take with Gog and his armies.

One last thing I want you to think about. Since Gog can be a person or a people group from the region of Turkey, then let's assume this is the Turkish leader leading the attack. Since we all know he is a Muslim, then we can presume that the majority of those who follow Gog into battle are Muslims as well. If all Muslims believe in this created god Allah, and, everything they understand from the Quran is in opposition to God, then wouldn't God killing practically all of them on the mountains of Israel, just make sense. It is the manner in which God kills them should garner the most attention, and, have the potential to restore God to the place of honor He deserves. (The reality of this, is that there will be no significant restoration of God's honor in the mind of the Muslim, nor the world in general. However, it is going to happen.)

Again, the message is repeated. Keep in mind that prophesy to the Jewish mind is repeated patterns, and so God does just that.

Ezekiel 38:17 NET. " 'This is what the sovereign LORD says: Are you the one of whom I spoke in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days that I would bring you against them?

• ...of whom I spoke in former days by my servants the prophets of Israel, who prophesied in those days that I would bring you against them?”

I tried to find the names of the prophets “who prophesied in those days that I would bring you against them.” But in direct reference to Gog, there is only one mention of that name prior to Ezekiel's prophesy, and that is found 1 Chronicles 5:4. Everything else is in reference to the utter destruction of large groups such as Moab, the Assyrians, the sons of Sheth, and the Amalekites.

Lacking a direct reference to Gog, Psalm 110:5-6 is one.

Isaiah 34 sounds very much like the complete destruction of a fighting force

Isaiah 34:2-6 NET. For the LORD is angry at all the nations and furious with all their armies. He will annihilate them and slaughter them. 3) Their slain will be left unburied, their corpses will stink; the hills will soak up their blood. 4) All the stars in the sky will fade away, the sky will roll up like a scroll; all its stars will wither, like a leaf withers and falls from a vine or a fig withers and falls from a tree. 5) He says, "Indeed, my sword has slaughtered heavenly powers. Look, it now descends on Edom, on the people I will annihilate in judgment." 6) The LORD's sword is dripping with blood, it is covered with fat; it drips with the blood of young rams and goats and is covered with the fat of rams' kidneys. For the LORD is holding a sacrifice in Bozrah, a bloody slaughter in the land of Edom.

Ezekiel ends much like the grand finale at a fireworks show, with repeated themes and impressive descriptives that include the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, and all who live on the face of the earth, shaking at the presence of the Lord.

Ezekiel 38:18-23 NET. On that day, when Gog invades the land of Israel, declares the sovereign LORD, my rage will mount up in my anger. 19) In my zeal, in the fire of my fury, I declare that on that day there will be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. 20) The fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the wild beasts, all the things that creep on the ground, and all people who live on the face of the earth will shake at my presence. The mountains will topple, the cliffs will fall, and every wall will fall to the ground. 21) I will call for a sword to attack Gog on all my mountains, declares the sovereign LORD; every man's sword will be against his brother. 22) I will judge him with plague and bloodshed. I will rain down on him, his troops and the many peoples who are with him a torrential downpour, hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23) I will exalt and magnify myself; I will reveal myself before many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

When He says, “every man's sword will be against his brother,” it sounds very much like a description of Ismael's descendants.

Genesis 16:11-12 NASB The angel of the LORD said to her further, "Behold, you are with child, And you will bear a son; And you shall call his name Ishmael, Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction. 12) "He will be a wild donkey of a man, His hand will be against everyone, And everyone's hand will be against him; And, he will live to the east of all his brothers."

I find myself looking at videos that demonstrate justice being served, and maybe that is why this statement, “I will exalt and magnify myself; I will reveal myself before many nations,” appeals to me, because I grow weary of my God being attacked; and, I grow weary of those following after Christ being slaughtered in the name of some imaginary god. I, like David, cry out,

Lord, how long will You look on? Rescue my soul from their ravages, My only life from the lions. Psalms 35:17 NASB

And not only my soul Lord, but the souls of all those who call upon your name.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I'm thinking Gog to be Russia

Genesis 25:23 "And the Lord said unto her, "Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."

These twins are two different manner of people, and will grow into the two bodies of population that will ultimately rule the world. They fought in the womb, and they fought as children. Their tribes never could get along as the grew into nations, and even today, the Russian and Christian nations still have opposite polarity to each other.

The younger of the twins would be Jacob, and the elder is Esau, who was also called "Edom", also referred to as Rosh in the Hebrew, from which in English we get "Russia" [Rosh-people]. Jacob's name will be changed by God to "Israel", and through his twelve sons, will grow into a multitude of nations.

Within the womb of Rebekah you have the two super powers of the end generation, that we are now in. The Christian and Jewish nations of peoples on one side, and the children of Esau, or Russian people on the other. This is all part of God's plan, and stated within the promises of the covenant that God gave to Abraham.

Russia will come against America

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 7/10/2018 at 4:36 AM, omharris said:

Ezekiel 38:13 NASB ", Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, 'Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil?'"'

Sheba and Dedan, it seems, were within Saudi Arabia. Tarshish is the same town to which the Prophet Jonah tried to flee. I could not find Tarshish on any of my maps, and several commentators agreed that Tarshish, based upon information that is no longer accessible, was on the coast of Spain.

There are many ways to take this statement, “Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder,” as those talking could be aligned with Gog, greedy, or in disagreement.

This is yet another reason why i believe the Gog Magog war will happen at the end of the 1000 year reign of the LORD Jesus Christ.. These people talking in Sheba and Dedan ( which is in current day Arabia are talking to Gog Magog and asking if they have come to plunder them Sheba and Dedan these places are clearly not aligned with Gog Magog in fact there are many neighboring nations of current day Israel that are not mentioned as allies of Gog Magog Like Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Arabia, Iraq and the reason why i believe is because all these lands are part of the Kingdom promised to Abraham in Genesis 15:

Genesis 15: KJV

18 "In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: {19} The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, {20} And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, {21} And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."

So i believe that The Millennial Kingdom given to the "Seed" of abraham ( The LORD Jesus Christ ) will include all the lands i have mentioned above and the people living in Sheba and Dedan at this time of the Invasion of the Gog Magog army will be citizens of the LORD Kingdom..

13 hours ago, Adstar said:
On 7/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, omharris said:

seize plunder,” as those talking could be aligned with Gog, greedy, or in disagreement.

This is yet another reason why i believe the Gog Magog war will happen at the end of the 1000 year reign of the LORD Jesus Christ.. These people talking in Sheba and Dedan ( which is in current day Arabia are talking to Gog Magog and asking if they have come to plunder them

I am curious, why ignore Tarshish? As you probably saw, I mentioned that Jonah tried to escape to Tarshish. There is, in my mind, a problem when I try to associate Sheba and Dedan with the Gog that comes up 1000 years later, and that is that there is no mention Sheba and Dedan associated with the event 1000 years later; and, there is certainly no Tarshish. Even if you try to find Tarshish in relationship to Jonah you will be hard pressed. The city of Tarshish is little more than a vague speculation and we are forced to accept some ancient scholars inference that they found the information in a now, non-existent writing. The only strong tie I can see is that Sheba and Dedan are a part of another Muslim nation, just as I comprehend Gog and his armies are. There is one exceptional problem with this Muslim idea, and that that they don't get along. So, the secondary motive is oil. Of the larger nations that might get involved (and they are spelled out,) the Northern African nations seem to be less concerned with oil, as say, Saudi Arabia. Along with that line of thought, is oil an aspect of the final war with Gog at the end of the 1000 years? Not at all, as Gog, once again leads a multinational army against the Holy City of God, in an effort to kill God. How foolish is that move? 

One other thing, just for the fun of it. Since Gog really existed (almost a thousand years before Ezekiel,) is God still focused on that one dead man? What are the odds that every thousand years or so, someone decides to name their child Gog, and he carries the same evil traits and power? What if what the Bible concordance says is true, and this Gog could now be a people group, centered in the region between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea? This could only be God making any of this happen. 

17 hours ago, n2thelight said:

I'm thinking Gog to be Russia

Genesis 25:23 "And the Lord said unto her, "Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger."

Russia will come against America

I am assuming that you are suggesting that Russian will be the "other" nation. That's wide stretch of the imagination, especially since, we know that one nation was Israel, and the other, would be the nation or nations produced.  Since Genesis 25:23 is speaking of Jacob and Esau, then our context is set, and has everything to do with those two brothers.

The tradition that Jacob tricked Esau out of his birthright (Gen_27:1-46), and that enmity arose between the brothers, is an actual reflexion of the hostile relations of the Edomites and Israelites for which the Israelites were to a considerable degree responsible. Hastings' Dictionary of the Bible

Esau was also called Edom (“red”), because he said to Jacob: “Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage” (Gen_25:30). The land in which he established himself was “the land of Seir,” so called from Seir, ancestor of the Horites whom Esau found there; and called also Edom from Esau's surname, and, it may be, too, from the red sandstone of the country (Sayce).

Esau was the firstborn; but, as he was issuing into life, Jacob’s hand grasped his heel. The bitter enmity of two brothers, and the increasing strife of two great nations, were thus foreshadowed (Gen_25:23; Gen_25:26). Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological and Ecclesiastical Literature

And, if I wanted the origin of the these two, I would look here: 

Genesis 27:39-40 NASB Then Isaac his father answered and said to him, "Behold, away from the fertility of the earth shall be your dwelling, And away from the dew of heaven from above. 40) "By your sword, you shall live, And your brother you shall serve; But it shall come about when you become restless, That you will break his yoke from your neck."

So, for years there was no Russia, nor was there a United States. Could there be a fight between these two superpowers, I have no doubt. If the war of Ezekiel breaks out, I would not be surprised to see Russia taking advantage of such a major distraction. But, as James Taylor said, keep your eyes on the Holy Land.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

9 hours ago, omharris said:

I am curious, why ignore Tarshish? As you probably saw, I mentioned that Jonah tried to escape to Tarshish. There is, in my mind, a problem when I try to associate Sheba and Dedan with the Gog that comes up 1000 years later, and that is that there is no mention Sheba and Dedan associated with the event 1000 years later; and, there is certainly no Tarshish. Even if you try to find Tarshish in relationship to Jonah you will be hard pressed. The city of Tarshish is little more than a vague speculation and we are forced to accept some ancient scholars inference that they found the information in a now, non-existent writing. The only strong tie I can see is that Sheba and Dedan are a part of another Muslim nation, just as I comprehend Gog and his armies are. There is one exceptional problem with this Muslim idea, and that that they don't get along. So, the secondary motive is oil. Of the larger nations that might get involved (and they are spelled out,) the Northern African nations seem to be less concerned with oil, as say, Saudi Arabia. Along with that line of thought, is oil an aspect of the final war with Gog at the end of the 1000 years? Not at all, as Gog, once again leads a multinational army against the Holy City of God, in an effort to kill God. How foolish is that move? 

One other thing, just for the fun of it. Since Gog really existed (almost a thousand years before Ezekiel,) is God still focused on that one dead man? What are the odds that every thousand years or so, someone decides to name their child Gog, and he carries the same evil traits and power? What if what the Bible concordance says is true, and this Gog could now be a people group, centered in the region between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea? This could only be God making any of this happen. 

I ignored Tarshish because i have looked up Tarshish years ago and there was no firm historical information on where Tarshish is.. I read one that said it was in southern Turkey and another that it was in the gulf of Aqaba and another that said it was in Yemen and others saying it was in southern African or India..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Tarshish refers to the colonizing countries of Europe .... and these include the USA of western societies 

Edited by Daniel 11:36