Attack of the enemy?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello all I am a new Christian convert and recently repented. I was sick yesterday and the day before where I couldn’t even study the scriptures just do nothing but sleep and lay in bed in pain. I prayed and had others pray for my healing and luckily I am cured! But I was thinking since I am trying to change my life for the Lord could this illness been caused by the enemy and his army? I have heard a little on spiritual warfare so I am just curious. Btw what I was sick with for those two days was ear ache sore throat severe body pains and extreme exhaustion! Ty in advance for your answers!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

If you where saved at the time i would think that is was a natural cause..   

I believe the Holy Spirit will defend those who have become temples of the Holy Spirit from demonic possesion..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

2 hours ago, Star9799 said:

Hello all I am a new Christian convert and recently repented. I was sick yesterday and the day before where I couldn’t even study the scriptures just do nothing but sleep and lay in bed in pain. I prayed and had others pray for my healing and luckily I am cured! But I was thinking since I am trying to change my life for the Lord could this illness been caused by the enemy and his army? I have heard a little on spiritual warfare so I am just curious. Btw what I was sick with for those two days was ear ache sore throat severe body pains and extreme exhaustion! Ty in advance for your answers!

It's hard to say unless we have a Word from the Lord for you, to you, specifically. If you are excited to be better now to study the Word, you passed any intended test! And Satan will less likely try to inflict you with sickness if your response to sickness is to study the Bible--he HATES that!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Star9799 said:

Could be yes the dark side had something to do with it, and more likely was just a bug. Whichever just thank the Lord it seems to be fixed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Star9799 said:

This is the type of thing that requires some amount of discernment and balance to understand.  I think the key is to be aware that the spiritual world can influence the physical world but by the same token some things that happen are likely just from living in a fallen world.  Also, we need to be aware that the path and journey we'd prefer to walk along is not always the same one God has planned.

I recall once when I was in a Christian band (as a guitarist), the day before one of our biggest events, I was at work, grabbed a piece of wire and sliced a big gash on my thumb.  An hour or so later, I put a nearly identical cut onto my other thumb.  In what ended up being nearly 20 years working there, that was the only time I ever cut myself like that and I never really changed any working habits.  I ended up wrapping up a few band aids on each thumb and managed to play okay though it did affect me.  It was a highly unlikely event.  In one sense, I'm hesitant to say demonic influences affected my attention and judgement so that I cut myself.  On the other hand, two injuries that only happened once in 20 years and on the day before a big spiritual outreach leaves one wondering.  This was also during a time where there was a lot of spiritual contention and fighting going on in the area.  I don't feel a strong need to definitely answer the question of what was involved there.  I'm willing to live with a mystery and things that are not completely known.

I've had a few things in my life that were immediately changed.  I once had a number of phobias just vanish in response to prayer.  I had a serious shoulder injury (with symptoms of a torn rotator cuff) return to normal over a period of a few months.  I went from not being able to touch the top of my head with my right hand to full motion with no discomfort and full strength.  I've had other things that have just remained.   I've heard many similar testimonies from other people over the years.  As a practical spiritual matter, it is the immediate healing of the phobias that has turned out to be a powerful spiritual anchor for me in my life.  I had not even been thinking about those things (and had just accepted them as part of my personality and a normal part of my life).  We had a guest speaker, God impressed strongly on me that I should go up for prayer afterwards, the speaker just prayed a brief generic prayer over me (not even saying anything about fear or other such stuff), and I immediately sensed things changed inside of me.  In spite of whatever doubts or crises of faith I might have, I fall back onto a "there is no way phobias just vanish on their own" sense that God did something I cannot explain.  In one sense it ended up being a John 9 type of thing for me (like the blind man who was healed and in spite of pressure and contention merely kept saying the one thing I know is that I was blind and now I see).   It is ironic in some ways that one of the more significant spiritual events in my life was something where God just did it unexpectedly.  

In all things, I think that the key is to keep our eyes focused on the path and journey God has us on.  I've been a Christian for over 40 years now and have seen a number of miraculous recoveries of people with severe illnesses, and others with no recovery.  I've seen immediate recoveries where people just had stunned looks on their faces, other times where things improved over time that weren't expected to, and other times where nothing changed.  I've seen some  things happen in instant response to prayer and sometimes in response over time to much corporate prayer.  My sense of things is that God sometimes directly intervenes and does things in ways that show His grace and power that build our faith and that other times there are tough paths we walk through that we learn from and gain experience that allows us to better minister to others that are suffering.   Often, the most effective ministers are those who have walked a particular path themselves.

The only definitive thing I would say here is that Christians have wide variety of opinions on such things (and some hold them quite strongly).  Some strongly believe that miracles are rare and not to be sought after, other believe that miracles are to be expected in response to prayer (and if nothing happens it is a lack of "faith" that is the reason).  Some Christians think spiritual attacks with physical effects are exceedingly rare and others think they are much more common.  Christians with this range of views all point to various Bible verses they use to prove why they think they are correct.

As a practical matter, I don't immediately blame everything wrong on spiritual attacks, but I don't immediately rule it out either.  If I don't have a strong spiritual sense of direction on something, I'll pray for discernment and wisdom.  When asked to pray for other people, as much as possible, I try to pray for what I sense that God wants me to pray for.  As with everything else of this nature, I take what I sense with a grain of salt.  It might be a random thought passing through my head, or it might be God's Spirit directing me.  As an example, I recall once that a few of us were praying for a gentleman after church who had been in a serious accident.  Everyone else was praying some eloquent serious prayers for healing and as I stood there, the word "sleep" kept popping into my head.  He had said nothing about it, but I just prayed a simple, "Lord, help your child to have calm restful nights" or some such one or two sentence prayer.  After we finished, he looked at me and said that he hadn't had a good nights sleep in weeks.  The next week we again prayed for him, and the one thing he reported that was that while he still was in serious pain, that he had started sleeping much better and was much more relaxed than he had been.  In the larger scheme of things, God wanted His child to know that He was with him in this.  In hindsight, my sense of things was that this man was struggling with not only the physical stress of the aftermath of the accident but a spiritual sense of feeling abandoned.  God simply doing something out of the blue (having someone pray for something he hadn't asked for and seeing it happen) was probably part of His way of dealing with the spiritual issue that was going on to let this man know that he was not abandoned and that God was indeed with him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

@Star9799 

13 hours ago, GandalfTheWise said:

As a practical matter, I don't immediately blame everything wrong on spiritual attacks,

Although we know from scripture that Satan does work against us, I rarely think immediately about this when I am in a struggle.  I think the reason is that God also tells us in scripture to "consider it pure joy" whenever we face trials of many kinds because "the testing of your faith produces perseverance" and perseverance must "finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."  James 1:2-4

Also, I think of Joseph's words to his brothers when he is forgiving them of having him sold into slavery in Egypt for so many years.  He tells them, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Genesis 50:20

For me personally, this tends to bring me peace in the trials I must endure in this life--big or small.  I know God will use it for good (Romans 8:28).

Blessings!