Sign in to follow this  
GandalfTheWise

House Closing

We're in the process of moving tomorrow (Thursday).  Movers are coming tomorrow morning and closing is scheduled for late afternoon.  We're then scheduled to close on the new house Friday morning with the movers arriving about noon. 

We just found out today that there is a possible hitch with the title company with regards to the buyers of our house.  At this point, we won't find out for sure what's up until after the movers are scheduled to have picked up our stuff.  :(  

Prayers for a smooth completion of things and peace of mind would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 2

Definitely praying. It must be such a relief for you guys. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

@Annette  @NOONE7  It all worked out smoothly!   The movers were amazing and had our stuff loaded in about two and a half hours.  The closing went trivially easy.  The longest delay during closing was me carefully reading the IRS disclosure to see what I was signing.   Cashing the check and setting up our bank transfers went easily.   We'll be closing on the new house late tomorrow morning.  At the pace the movers loaded stuff, we should have our own beds, the kitchen, and "essentials" such as the internet up and running.

:)   Thanks all!     

• Praise God! 3

We're all in and I'm typing this from our new home.  Other than quite a scare when we got to the title office to close and my wife couldn't find her purse.  We realized we left it at the motel.  They waited for us to go find it (about a 10 minute drive) because my wife needed her driver license in order to close.  The last place she remembered it was sitting on the ground next to the car in the parking lot.   Lots of "O God let us find that purse" prayers for about 10 minutes.   We had called and the motel manager had gone to look for it.  They found it and had it at the desk.  That's the first time my wife ever gave a motel manager a huge hug.   We arrived at the house at noon, the movers had all our stuff in by about 2 or so, cable connected at 4, and we'll have our beds and the kitchen ready for tonight.  :)   Now for a few weeks of slowly emptying boxes and settling in.

• Praise God! 1

Sign in to follow this