• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi all. Since it is getting really goofy "out there", may I list the territories of the USA ?  Please share with  others. It is surprising to realize  people do not know Puerto Rico is USA territory.  Our kinsmen and fellow citizens at Puerto Rico still need our help! Please, if you can, help and also pray for their well being. Thanks:

Puerto Rico is the USA . American Samoa is the USA. Guam is the USA. U.S. Virgin Islands is the USA. Northern Mariana Islands is the USA.  Plus there are some nine identified and uninhabited other areas that are USA territory. All of that plus the fifty seven States that former President Obama states he visited are the USA despite the fact I only know of fifty of them Perhaps he included states of mind.

I mention it as reminder that it really isn't a slander nor a strong political statement against the USA to wear a Puerto Rico flagged shirt in the continental United States nor Alaska, nor  Hawaii. It is not the making  of a claim of open borders at all. Really. Even if it was, so what, many cherish flags of their home States, Texas as example, well maybe a bad example there ( LOL) . [My sweet Texas Peach bride is my Texan]. Locally there is  all sorts of Scotsman celebration with flags etc. It really is not a threat to sovereignty of a nation, nor of God's sovereignty over all things, really. Kind of nice to have some fondness for a home locale, even if it comes with a Bostonese accent like mine.

We are many individuals with numerous dialects and a few distinct languages. - Each in need of the grace and mercy of God. Loving each other extra for our differences can be fun! So much so for me that I married one. She can't hardly understand me and I seldom know where she is going until the end of a full sentence. I often get even that wrong, but it is fine fun. Let's enjoy  how God has differently created each of us, encourage others to do likewise if you have opportunity. Thanks.

Edited by Neighbor
a lit'l grammah and spelling correction
  • Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I misspelled it. 'Gadsden', not 'Gadsen'.

Arizona? almost...

index.png.ab4abd1530240e40808a0922610d8d87.png

Thats the liberal part

Most of arizona is conservative, but the part in yellow is very liberal, so much so that they are trying to become a seperate state. Gabby giffords, raul grijalva come from that area. 

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

I’m still trying to figure out where the Gadsen Purchase fits into the scheme of things. LOL

Hi, Seems that is still being renegotiated, the hostiles making it still a difficult issue.

It is one of those situations that  just fester over the many decades onto now even the century.

I will ask my sweet Texas Peach to explain it better to me in Texas English, or failing that, her fluent  Spanish which she will then have to transliterate into  Texas English slowly for my Bostonese trained mind to comprehend - could take awhile which is part of the joy of sharing across the differences between  individuals. She is fluent in Spanish  and uses that grammatical structure sometimes, as I use my blend of "Harvard" English with a Mainiac "eyuph" plus a  French Canadian "saywhateh?" thrown in for punctuation. We end up doing  a lot of puzzled staring at each other. But it sure is wondrous fun, to know who God brings together (and that it was us too). 

All I know for sure and certain of it is that New Mexico is The USA while Mexico is not, and that some get confused about Baja.

Arizona, well that is where Californians get their vehicle motor license plates near as I can figure, that and Oregon.

Edited by Neighbor
changed that pesky spelling again

There is a video online, presumably real, of a woman being harassed without mercy for wearing clothing that shows her affection for  her native Puerto Rico, while she was trying to set  up a birthday party at a reserved place at a public park at or  near Chicago. A police officer had refused to help her, and now he has had to resign his job as an officer. All because of a drunken man that got worked up over the hostilities that are being nutured among  us at  the USA today, and I suppose pretty much around the world, one sect ,one tribe, State,  and or nation, against another. Great emotion  and heat , precious little generosity, sharing,  and mercy. 

It just illustrates to me how far off the wall, emotional and dangerous, people are becoming to each other and themselves.  It is an opportunity though, to share of our Lord Jesus  if we learn to first be calm and then to share of Him as our common and certain hope especially with those that at first seem "different" in character speech  flesh tone, garb for each have the very same need, the shed blood of Jesus, and not the shedding of each other's blood.

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It gave the country the state every other state wishes it could be:  Arizona.

Now  I need the option  of being able to select both the laugh icon plus the thumbs up one for the same post.

Flagstaff Arizona was a stop on my way to Anaheim, California from Boston, Mass., early January of 1960. It had more snow on the ground than did New England, deep snow, and cold, wow it was cold. Then we entered the desert with it's billboards warning  "last Chance for water for 300 miles" standing just barely above the near four foot of snow on the desertscape. Looked just like home to me 'cept the "trees" were prickly tall cactus instead of white birch and yellow pine. We ate there at an  old log steakhouse where you picked your own cow. I was used to picking my own lobster, but not my own cow.

I still remember the smells of that trip, and Arizona too cold for any smell except one's own frozen breath. People seemed nice there, all dressed out for some cowboy event I guess. Their hats were different than mine- didn't have the ear flaps for one thing - no not really; no one wore hats at Boston, we just went around with a pile of frozen snow and hair greases plastered on our heads back then.  Everyone is unique, different, yet all are the same- same need, Jesus as Lord God and savior.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Most of arizona is conservative, but the part in yellow is very liberal, so much so that they are trying to become a seperate state. Gabby giffords, raul grijalva come from that area. 

California USA has a real ballot proposition to face for this fall  to separate into three States.  

People are really getting frazzled, time to chill out and seek quiet time in prayer and then go shake a hand so to speak, embrace a neighbor,  share of our Lord and be kinder and gentler to each other.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Arizona, well that is where Californians get their vehicle motor license plates near as I can figure, that and Oregon.

Lol not so. we have fairly high rates for license plates. Typically folks try and get out of state plates or refuse to relinquish them in order to avoid paying the vehicle plate fee. 

For the record, mike and I never did that. We obey the law and have az plates.

• Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

There is a video online, presumably real, of a woman being harassed without mercy for wearing clothing that shows her affection for  her native Puerto Rico, while she was trying to set  up a birthday party at a reserved place at a public park at or  near Chicago. A police officer had refused to help her, and now he has had to resign his job as an officer. All because of a drunken man that got worked up over the hostilities that are being nutured among  us at  the USA today, and I suppose pretty much around the world, one sect ,one tribe, State,  and or nation, against another. Great emotion  and heat , precious little generosity, sharing,  and mercy. 

It just illustrates to me how far off the wall, emotional and dangerous, people are becoming to each other and themselves.  It is an opportunity though, to share of our Lord Jesus  if we learn to first be calm and then to share of Him as our common and certain hope especially with those that at first seem "different" in character speech  flesh tone, garb for each have the very same need, the shed blood of Jesus, and not the shedding of each other's blood.

And a man with trump stuff on his property was beat up by a screaming anti trump liberal. Unfortunately these things are being encouraged by certain leaders, such as maxine waters.

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

Lol not so. we have fairly high rates for license plates. Typically folks try and get out of state plates or refuse to relinquish them in order to avoid paying the vehicle plate fee. 

For the record, mike and I never did that. We obey the law and have az plates.

When lived at San Pedro Ca. I thought I was the only person from California everyone else was visiting from Oregon or Arizona based on their license plates.