• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

When lived at San Pedro Ca. I thought I was the only person from California everyone else was visiting from Oregon or Arizona based on their license plates.

It does seem like half my state goes to california to vacation. 

And half of phoenix flees to the mountains in the summer each weekend. 

Flagstaff has had snow in june and august. But its at 7k feet, so its not unexpected. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:

And a man with trump stuff on his property was beat up by a screaming anti trump liberal. Unfortunately these things are being encouraged by certain leaders, such as maxine waters.

Yes, that is the plan against all of us; get us worked up "against" instead of "for" each other. We do not battle against flesh and blood ... 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

California USA has a real ballot proposition to face for this fall  to separate into three States.  

People are really getting frazzled, time to chill out and seek quiet time in prayer and then go shake a hand so to speak, embrace a neighbor,  share of our Lord and be kinder and gentler to each other.

About the 3 States for California....not sure how I should vote.   The more rural areas of California think they are being neglected, their tax money helping the big cities more, I guess.  Didn't realize Arizona had a liberal area that wants it's own State!

51 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

And a man with trump stuff on his property was beat up by a screaming anti trump liberal. Unfortunately these things are being encouraged by certain leaders, such as maxine waters.

I saw that awful video....the attacker stole the guy's Trump hat off of his head and threw a beverage in the guy's face!  I think they arrested the attacker...hope so.

33 minutes ago, Debp said:

About the 3 States for California....not sure how I should vote.   The more rural areas of California think they are being neglected, their tax money helping the big cities more, I guess.  Didn't realize Arizona had a liberal area that wants it's own State!

As I understand it, that will be along process regardless. Both at the State level should it pass there, and at the federal level if three states would become acceptable to the Union of States the United States of America. The idea of six US Senators all from Californias might not be  acceptable to the union. It is all born of the issue of hostility reigning higher over civilty and willingness to help one another. 

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,775
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

58 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I haven't been to any other state I like as much as Arizona.  Oregon comes in a close second but the people there are way too liberal.  My wife and I just got back from Kingman, where I used to live and I am already homesick.  She'd never been there but just three days soured her on the Midwest.  The desert and mountains get in your blood and you can't get rid of it. 

Pretty hard on your valves … all that sand  

Edited by enoob57

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It was mostly tongue in cheek, but I haven't been to any other state I like as much as Arizona.  Oregon comes in a close second but the people there are way too liberal.  My wife and I just got back from Kingman, where I used to live and I am already homesick.  She'd never been there but just three days soured her on the Midwest.  The desert and mountains get in your blood and you can't get rid of it. 

Kingman Az.  Used to know the KOA franchise operator there long ago.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

7 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

My wife and I just got back from Kingman, where I used to live and I am already homesick.  She'd never been there but just three days soured her on the Midwest.  The desert and mountains get in your blood and you can't get rid of it. 

That is so true. Im a desert rat. For all the traveling Ive done, arizona is definitely home. 

Funny! The thread has turned into a travelog of sorts. LOL

Well to add to fine places to be in life;  if I have my own druthers I as soon be back on a kayak at offshore Florida  Suncoast Gulf waters. Or even better  running the rivers of inland Central Florida around Ocala area, frightening gators and deer alike as I spin through the faster moving twists and turns  gaining speed and  distance onto the larger wider expanse of the merging river tributaries. See opportunities at  http://www.florida-outdoors.com/article_ocala_canoe.htm and an excerpt from that site "

"Juniper Creek

The canoe trip from Juniper Springs Recreation Area to Juniper Wayside flows about 7 miles through the heart of the Juniper Prairie Wilderness. You will be surrounded by a lush tropical forest comprised of palms, cypress and many kinds of southern hardwoods. The first 2.5 miles of this creek are narrow and winding, with a channel scarcely wider than 6 feet. Past Half-Way Landing, the stream broadens out and becomes shallow and slow moving. There are no intermediate access points, and the average family takes about 4-5 hours to complete the trip. "

I loved the start at the Juniper river canoe rental spot at the Ocala National Park. I dropped in my own kayak there  at the little spring. It was like  a little Disneyland ride, gentle too gentle at first with very shallow water, then it expanded and got deeper and there were tree trunks to duck. I heard the serious thump behind me of my large friend on his own canoe as he grabbed a tree trunk spanning across the river, that I had managed to duck, He had hit it with his belly first.

Later on after many joinings of spring fed river water tributaries I made a choice of one of three passages and found good speed and then an opening and a bend with two gators napping on the very small sandy beach like spot in the sun.  I had never seen a gator run backward before! Tail first  as they were spooked by me approaching fast on my sit on top kayak. They run tippy toe backward, tail first! As they hit the tall grasses some five feet tall, three deer the size of elks lept high above those tall grasses almost into the low Florida sky and just disappeared from sight as I whizzed past on my turn.

Later the river exapands yet again and again, until opening into a quite wide body of river with a small park landing point, limited civilization and  a trailer-truck  to pick us up and tow us back up river. Great fun place to be!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Haha 1