• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

You are going to be (if you let yourself be...) surprised at the changes in some of your friends over the next six months, or so, if you just begin praying for them.  And there are several different ways to do that... we can discuss that in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

It's the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. (Rom 2:4) God in His goodness has made His Will known through His Works and His Word. Our conduct as Christians is important, and from your OP, Tyler it seems you have a desire to live according to the Will of God, so make this known to those around you. Don't pussyfoot around. Preach the Word in season and out of season, whether popular or not. Here is are some verses that I hope you already know, and hope will contually help you: 

1Pe 3:14-17
(14)  But and if you suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are you: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
(15)  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
(16)  Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
(17)  For it is better, if the will of God be so, that you suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

I totally understand what you both say. It really simply comes down to me loving these people...they’re kind to me and honestly we have no issues. I just want them to be saved! Maybe it’s a confusion as to what the phrase “preach the word in and out of season” means. Cuz if I just walked in to school on some random day and started hallway preaching or something...I feel like that would definitely push people away and my goal is to WIN souls...not push them away. I feel like that’d be God’s will too considering he doesn’t want anybody to perish according to the Bible. So, as I said and as suggested, I’m going to go to God in prayer and hope that he touches their lives. I know the Bible says none of us are good and our deeds are as filthy rags...but my human more open-minded side can recognize these people as genuinely having decent kind hearts. I’m just confused. I don’t want to push away those I love...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

I am sending you one more... 

Edited by Willie T

6 minutes ago, Willie T said:

I am sending you one more... 

Thank you so much! I love the message! I just wish there was some way I could...save them myself because ya know as I said they’re kind and decent folks. They just don’t all believe...I guess I should just leave it to God. Try and live as an example and show them God’s love and “point them to you (God)” when questioned. Thank you again for the advice and musical selections ?. This is a great community! Blessings! 

• Thumbs Up 1

BTW, that verse about "preaching in season and out of season" was given to a young man who was specifically chosen by God and was being taught and trained as a regular preacher over lots of people.  We tend to like to think that any message in the Bible was written specifically to each and every one of us.  They weren't.  Despite the fact that some of us think we can get away with doing anything and everything specific people in the Bible were told to do... you will notice even the fanatics do it selectively.  You have never yet seen one of them beating a rock with a stick to try and get water out of it, have you?  Or seen one of them throw a stick on the ground so it will turn into a snake?  Or stand at the beach and part the waters.

God made it kind of clear what He intended all of us to be doing.... but we have to read to determine those things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, Willie T said:

BTW, that verse about "preaching in season and out of season" was given to a young man who was specifically chosen by God and was being taught and trained as a regular preacher over lots of people.  We tend to like to think that any message in the Bible was written specifically to each and every one of us.  They weren't.  Despite the fact that some of us think we can get away with doing anything and everything specific people in the Bible were told to do... you will notice even the fanatics do it selectively.  You have never yet seen one of them beating a rock with a stick to try and get water out of it, have you?  Or seen one of them throw a stick on the ground so it will turn into a snake?  Or stand at the beach and part the waters.

God made it kind of clear what He intended all of us to be doing.... but we have to read to determine those things.

I understand completely what you say and have definitly heard that before. I think you’re right however don’t you think that we can extrapolate the lessons, doctrine, and life skills from THOSE people’s stories and interactions with God to apply to our lives? Or is that reading too far into it. I apologize, again, I’m still new and am still working a lot of things out because I only recently have been trying to get closer to God and be saved (after feeling called to for quite some time). Thanks again! 

12 minutes ago, Tyler S. said:

I understand completely what you say and have definitly heard that before. I think you’re right however don’t you think that we can extrapolate the lessons, doctrine, and life skills from THOSE people’s stories and interactions with God to apply to our lives? Or is that reading too far into it. I apologize, again, I’m still new and am still working a lot of things out because I only recently have been trying to get closer to God and be saved (after feeling called to for quite some time). Thanks again! 

No, I do not think we were ever intended to just arbitrarily extrapolate anything we read into that passage changing meaning and all of a sudden pertaining to us specifically..  You will find that is one of the chief complaints of many people on here about the TV evangelists who do that with almost anything that happens to suit their fancy.  (Not realizing we, ourselves, often  do that very same thing.  It's just that some preacher of ours has told us it is OK to do that in the particular incidences in which we go there.)

Edited by Willie T

10 minutes ago, Willie T said:

No, I do not think we were ever intended to just arbitrarily extrapolate anything we read into that passage changing meaning and all of a sudden pertaining to us specifically..  You will find that is one of the chief complaints of many people on here about the TV evangelists who do that with almost anything that happens to suit their fancy.  (Not realizing we, ourselves, often  do that very same thing.  It's just that some preacher of ours has told us it is OK to do that in the particular incidences in which we go there.)

So then what, to you, and I’m genuinely asking for my own sake, would be the good news intended for US. The people of all nations. We’re in the ministry of Paul right? So where can I go in the Bible to find the good news for me?

4 minutes ago, Tyler S. said:

So then what, to you, and I’m genuinely asking for my own sake, would be the good news intended for US. The people of all nations. We’re in the ministry of Paul right? So where can I go in the Bible to find the good news for me?

You already know that "The Good News" (Gospel) was sent to all people,  That is stated and restated all through the Bible.

Edited by Willie T
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Willie T said:

You already know that "The Good News" (Gospel) was sent to all people,  That is stated and restated all through the Bible.

And that good news for all people is that Christ died for us as a free gift of mercy from God so that we might be able to get to heaven and be saved (so long as we repent and strive to live a good life)?

It's shower time for me.  See ya tomorrow.