• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I believe universalism is possibly true. But for me it rests on two things:

1. how one defines the greek "aion, aionion and aionios" vs the English "forever/eternity".

2. Just as those in the previous age, though they had what we call the old testament, didn't have much (if any) of a clue regarding this age and the content of the New testament, we are in their position regarding the age(s) to come.

I'm an adherent to CI, but I would not be surprised if there is a form of Universalism at play. But, IMO, ECT is just a whacked method to keep pews filled and money bags full. And it seriously harms the Christian message.

Hey! Thank you for the advice and explanations! How would you define CI. I’m assuming you mean Christian Identity? I’d love to know cuz I got a pretty worrying response online ?. Thanks! 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 minutes ago, Tyler S. said:

Hey! Thank you for the advice and explanations! How would you define CI. I’m assuming you mean Christian Identity? I’d love to know cuz I got a pretty worrying response online ?. Thanks! 

Keep clear of Christian Identity, Emerging Church Theology, and Universalism, Tyler S. Stick to Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The concept of a Universalist adherrant of Christian Identity is oxymoronic at any rate. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

Wasn’t it the lowly people of the society? Pagans, lepers, the poor, the hated (like the tax collector), he even saved the Canaanite woman. Also he instructed that all, even gentiles, are available to be saved. The only people he really rebuked were the Pharisees as far as I can see.

'..."Also, follow up, do you think that if a Pharisee who’d spent his whole life basically focusing on the wrong things and attacking the credibility of Christ, therefore leading others astray, would be accepted by Jesus if he repented of his ways and found the truth? " - Tyler S.

Hi,

You are of course describing the most learned  man of the Pharisees and the chief persecutor of Jesus:

From Acts 9;

But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest  and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.  Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him.  And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?”  And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.  But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.”  The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.  Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.  And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.”  And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,  and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.”  But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem.  And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.”  But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.  For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.”  So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.”  And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened.

For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus.  And immediately he proclaimed Jesus in the synagogues, saying, “He is the Son of God.”  And all who heard him were amazed and said, “Is not this the man who made havoc in Jerusalem of those who called upon this name? And has he not come here for this purpose, to bring them bound before the chief priests?”  But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who lived in Damascus by proving that Jesus was the Christ."

The opinions of individuals regarding predestination are interesting ,  and I have my own too; but it is the Bible that counts. The Bible is the only word of instruction and guidance that matters.  So never make your own conclusions based on another person's opinions and declarations, instead seek also with the work of your own  prayer asking the Holy Spirit to guide your own understanding as you read the word of God, and think upon it. Pray and ask of God; show me.

Labels kinds of people all that stuff doesn't much matter at the time one becomes saved, for at that time no one much cares, instead they just rejoice fully. Those  around the newly aware saint that are not yet aware of any salvation  have no capacity to understand, except that  they will see a change in YOU the newly aware saint in Christ Jesus.

Personally I understand that all that are saved are indeed foreknown to God, and  predestined by God and given by God the Father to His son his Jesus, and that Jesus loses not a one! Yet everyone can be saved, a seeming contradiction, but it is one that God reconciled from before the beginning. Regardless in the shed blood sacrifice made by His Son Jesus at the cross is salvation to life eternal with God. 

And regardless of any individual's conclusion on that subject,  every saint is commanded to share of the good news  of the gospel ( the truth )  of Jesus. And why? The Bible states - so that many may be found and then presented as mature in the Lord Jesus. It pleases God  that each saint be obedient to that command. Each saint gets led as to how they will be doing that. They learn as they pray and as they read and armor up on the word of God the Bible.

May God bless your own sojourn here. Go forth pilgrim as the Spirit leads.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

No, not Christian Identity.

CI = Condintional Immortality - only the saved have eternal life. The rest die. Not just their body that they occupy in this age, but their person. "They" die as well.

VS

ECT - Eternal conscious torment - all have eternal life but one group "goes to heaven" and the other "goes to hell".

http://jewishnotgreek.com/

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

CI = Condintional Immortality - only the saved have eternal life. The rest die. Not just their body that they occupy in this age, but their person. "They" die as well.

VS

ECT - Eternal conscious torment - all have eternal life but one group "goes to heaven" and the other "goes to hell".

You are going to get tired of explaining and re-explaining those definitions.  Why not just type the words out in the first place, and you won't be confusing so many of us with abbreviations we can't find online anywhere?  (It will only add about four to eight seconds to a post.)

Edited by Willie T

2 minutes ago, Willie T said:

You are going to get tired of explaining and re-explaining those definitions.  Why not just type the words out in the first place, and you won't be confusing so many of us with abbreviations we can't find online anywhere?  (It will only add about four seconds to a post.)

Not a bad idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Willie T said:

You are going to get tired of explaining and re-explaining those definitions.  Why not just type the words out in the first place, and you won't be confusing so many of us with abbreviations we can't find online anywhere?  (It will only add about four to eight seconds to a post.)

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

VS

Ah thank you ?. I was worried there. And yes that is an interesting interpretation! So how would you reconcile Jesus’ references to hellfire or the Bible’s references to eternal punishment? 

2 minutes ago, Tyler S. said:

Ah thank you ?. I was worried there. And yes that is an interesting interpretation! So how would you reconcile Jesus’ references to hellfire or the Bible’s references to eternal punishment? 

Go to the link I posted. It's all there. It's my "goldilocks" source. That is, it covers everything that needs to be covered, yet is not too big. It's just right.

Edited by Still Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

Of course I am speaking now to the generally accepted belief that Revelation was written to an unidentified and unspecified generation that wouldn't live for another two thousand years, or more.  (As some of you know that's not my belief, at all)  But, how do we reconcile Rev 21 and 22 where the gates are never closed against the world coming right on in, and the river flows from the throne of God right on out into the world of the nations, and the trees are provided "for the healing of the nations" if it is all burning in a lake of fire for all Eternity from the moment one dies "unsaved?"

Edited by Willie T

2 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Of course I am speaking now to the generally accepted belief that Revelation was written to a generation that wouldn't live for another two thousand years, or more.  (As some of you know that's not my belief, at all)  But, how do we reconcile Rev 21 and 22 where the gates are never closed against the world coming right on in, and the river flows from the throne of God right on out into the world of the nations, and the trees are provided "for the healing of the nations" if it is all burning in a lake of fire for all Eternity from the moment one dies "unsaved?"

Didn't Sodom burn for eternity? ;)

I will add that at the end of Revelation 21 it says,  "Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life."

I infer from this that there will be people on the rest of the planet that will not be able to enter it. Otherwise why bring it up?

Also, the flood destroyed the earth, but only the surface. I believe the new heaven and new earth will be this same rock we live on, after the surface is utterly purified through fire. And that would also explain the "no sea" comment in verse 1 of chapter 21.