• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,556
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Augh I just did it. I am in one of my insomniac modes. Happens especially when I get my  spinal injection of  basically a steroid medicine. Whooie those hurt abit. It is now 4 AM, and as I wandered around the Worthy Christian Forums and devotionals I found a devotional that I want to consider and study. So.. I hit print. And sure enough my printer came to life with it's blinks sounds alerts and high speed clatter. I now hear my poor bride awake and coughing abit disturbed by the noise of the "night printer", as I look up at the corner of my screen and see oh, oh, it's  4:18 AM.

I imagine that later this AM I will hear about this weird dream that woke my wife up, that she dreamed she was caught inside a computer printer and couldn't get away from it's noise. Can't imagine - odd dream eh? Herbal tea or coffee this morning  dear Peach? Sorry that you had such a dream. Probably nothing, just a quirky thing you know.

(It is a good devotion btw.) Seek one out for yourself, good stuff for the mind and soul, even at 4 AM if you are in insomnia mode and want to receive some benefit. 

ps- The spelling of insomnia just didn't look right to me so I typed it on a search bar window, and yes it is correctly spelt- but look what I found out!  Did you know there is a company called Insomnia Cookies? They deliver warm cookies until 3 AM. Wow that's weird, wonder if they deliver here? Warm cookies at three AM and a good devotion to read an study, wow life can be grand. Food for the soul plus the belly each bringing it's own comforts. One just of the moment one of eternal benefit

Edited by Neighbor
added ps
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

Sleep is for sissies.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

They say our bodies repair themselves as we sleep, sounds right to me.

However, some of us are just night owls!  I've always been one although never staying up this late before.  Seems like when we keep changing the clock for Daylight Savings, I just stay up later and later!   California is thinking of perhaps keeping the time the same...like in Arizona!

P.S.  Since coming to Worthy, I stay up later, too!  Such interesting posts and people!

Edited by Debp
Added P.S.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I can be exhausted at the end of the day. Slouched over, eyes straining to stay open, slowed and slurred speech... Then my head hits the pillow and as if out of nowhere, i'm wide awake. It's annoying.

My way of nullifying it is using clocks. Specifically the ones that make the tick-tock noise. I find it relaxing.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

Interesting read.  As one who doesn't often battle to sleep, I should appreciate being able to do so.  However there are occasions when I battle to sleep and then the night feels so long. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.77
  • Days Won:  21

We should start an insomniac's club here in Worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1