• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,142
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Yowm said:

I think the incommunicable Holiness referred to would be along these lines...

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. (1Ti 6:16)

He is that separate (sanctified/Holy)

:thumbsup: 
yet we shall as The Son so we

John 17:21-26

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
KJV
I think the sanctification process is to grow in the value of that which is promised so that we let go of that which we began in and live accordingly to the faith of that which God has put His Word to … regarding it of more worth even though we cannot fathom or connect experientially to the realities presently...

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Are you speaking of quantitative measure as this more of importance, more valued, holds greater in essence? The reason I ask is I have never regarded any aspect of God as greater or lessor but are in fact 'The Perfection' … without begin and end in any aspect of God, seems to my small mind, removes all scales of evaluation :noidea:  Even more can any portion of the infinite aspects of His Being be removed and He remain God (?) not so much a question as to where I am in my mind in this... For me the infinite aspect of God removes all evaluation possible for how can measure of any kind even in scrutiny of thought enter in... He alone 'IS' experienced in this infinite exist! It 'IS' why His Name shall not be blasphemed...

The problem with that is you are ignoring the simple fact that the Bible emphasizes God's holiness over his other attributes.  

I have started another thread on Holiness as God's chief attribute so that this thread can remain about Hell.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/12/2018 at 3:07 AM, shiloh357 said:

The lack of preaching on Hell has resulted in a lack of any fear of God.   God has been reduced in the minds of many as "the man upstairs"  or He is seen as nothing but our friend.   Modern worship music even speaks of our relationship with God in romantic terms, as if God just wants to give us all a "big sloppy kiss"  as one music writer put it.   God is sometimes viewed as someone we want to curl up with on the couch.   True fear of God is not part of how many view God today.   

Wait, I am new to christianity and confused. Why would someone who loves me want to make me afraid? There is a large problem with spousal abuse here and many girls are afraid and feel threatened. If god does this to... Does that mean god threatens us? 

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, +3|-|/\/3(|?0/\/\@/\/(3|? said:

Wait, I am new to christianity and confused. Why would someone who loves me want to make me afraid? There is a large problem with spousal abuse here and many girls are afraid and feel threatened. If god does this to... Does that mean god threatens us? 

I made it clear in the post you are quoting from that we are not expected to terrified of God.   I made it clear that we are to have a respect for God.   It's much the same way we "fear" our employer if we are caught engaging in horseplay on the clock when we should be working.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I made it clear in the post you are quoting from that we are not expected to terrified of God.   I made it clear that we are to have a respect for God.   It's much the same way we "fear" our employer if we are caught engaging in horseplay on the clock when we should be working.

Ohhh, I see. But even at work you get breaks and lunch and stuff. How can we be expected to work 24/7? It seems hard. And what if our employer is scary? God is scary, too, I mean, didn't he make us? He could unmake us 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, +3|-|/\/3(|?0/\/\@/\/(3|? said:

Ohhh, I see. But even at work you get breaks and lunch and stuff. How can we be expected to work 24/7? It seems hard. And what if our employer is scary? God is scary, too, I mean, didn't he make us? He could unmake us 

You know what I am talking about.   I am talking playing when you know should be working.  I am not talking about lunch breaks.  Please stop trying to play games.   I have made myself clear on this matter.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You know what I am talking about.   I am talking playing when you know should be working.  I am not talking about lunch breaks.  Please stop trying to play games.   I have made myself clear on this matter.

I am sorry, English is a second language for me. Sometimes it's hard to understand clearly for me. So what is the right way to be working for god? I know Jesus died for us but how do we not waste that?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Yowm said:

I think the incommunicable Holiness referred to would be along these lines...

Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen. (1Ti 6:16)

He is that separate (sanctified/Holy)

Ed Zachary .    THIS IS WHY their is NO WAY UNTO THE FATHER BUT BY THE SON .    OH man its LORD PRAISING and hand raising TIME AGAIN .    THE ONLY WAY

Make a man leap outta his socks with JOY .     WOOO ,   IT IS LORD PRAISING TIME people .    THE ONLY WAY we are saved IS IN CHRIST .    no allah , no hushi cushi new age bla bla

no confuscoius ,   no  Oprah style lies .    ONLY IN THE SON .     I might not be luther ,  but Lord willing if I ever go to ROME , we gonna have a lil list nailed on that door .

Which basically says , YOU got over on the people OUT WITH YOU .     and your all inclusive interfaith lie .      NOW PRAISE THE LORD .    OH YES ,  YES IT IS LORD PRAISING TIME .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Birthday:  01/26/1983

On 7/12/2018 at 2:01 AM, shiloh357 said:

We need a return to the old-fashioned preaching that told people that they are sinners.   We have replaced the word "sinner" with "pre-Christians"  in some circles.  Every attempt to water down the Gospel and to avoid confronting people with the reality of their sin and the reality of Hell is being made because offending people with the truth, means lower numbers on Sunday morning and that means less bragging rights.  Everyone wants to be the young, slick, sexy, good-looking church down the street with flashy presentations and worship services that mimic rock concerts instead of focusing on the truth of the Gospel.   And sermons on the reality of Hell, just don't get you to that goal.

This right here! I agree that we're missing an important part of the corruption we're seeing in modern society. We've become too moderate and forgotten about the consequences of sin. People need to remember that we may be saved, but we still have to live for God. We can't give in to vanity and extravagance. 

Matthew 19:21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

All these flashy lights and laser strobes at some of the churches I've seen are despicable. 

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

There is a cringing fear that causes us to hide from God as Adam and Eve did at the Fall...

And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.” (Gen 3:8-10)

But then there is a healthy fear that fears displeasing God ...

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!
(Psa 111:10)

Ohhh, ok. So it is because they did badly that cause the unhealthy kind and the wise kind of fear is for the good of people. Thank you!