IGNORED

Holiness is God's Chief Attribute

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Not only is God separate from creation, but the Bible tells us that creation is under a curse of death.  For God to be part of creation, it would mean that God is subject to the curse brought on by the sin of Adam, which disqualifies Him from being able to save us from a curse that He himself is prisoner to.  It would mean that God is sinful and would mean that everything the Bible says about God's power, holiness, eternal state, perfection is false.  It would mean that God is not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.  It would make sin more powerful than God. 

So any notion that God is part of creation is simply not true and is heretical.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

55 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Indeed He did what? You think He created Himself?? 

That Psalm merely proves He is separate from His creation.

So what is your agenda in asking these questions?

AND THAT INDEED IS the question that should be on all minds , WHEN men come in .    What is the agenda behind those ,  a hint , to create an image of GOD that is more

compatiable with the image of man and mans version of things .   I bet if they honest you gonna hear an all inclusive like god coming from their opinions . BUT HEY

what days are we in again .  So no marvel if shack drivin folks are seeing god as a wee bit more like what they own hearts desire him to be as .     But YOU KNOW THIS already .

And I have been happy to see you exposing it .      Now throw those hands up and praise the LORD .    

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Indeed He did what? You think He created Himself?? 

That Psalm merely proves He is separate from His creation.

So what is your agenda in asking these questions?

OH , the agenda is quite clear .  IF GOD is part of HIS CREATION , THEN HE WONT DESTROY HIMSELF .   HENCE UNVERSALISM , HENCE PANTHEISM , HENCE ALL INCLUSIVISM

HENCE PAPA GOD , BLACK MOTHER WHO SAVES ALL .    Its quite clear to see the direction that some minds are headed .  Just wait , TILL their so called god

arrives as a man .   ALL about world peace and unity . WHO you think will be their MAIN enemy ,  WELL haters like US YOWM .   WE already seen as haters to them.

THEY own words were , ONLY HATERS .      Folks ,  some of you all are getting prepared to follow the WRONG god when it arrives on the scene and calls for world peace andunity .

Just saying .    The spirit of the Christ called anti , is leading most folks right into universalim , shack books ,   all contradicting THE GOD of the BIBLE and exalting

the one who said , I SHALL BE as god .     VERY delusional times are increasing .     YOU loved ywom .   KEEP on KEEPING ON IN THE LORD .   

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I tried that already, he seems stuck on that heresy.

Sadly  more and more are getting stuck on heresy , shesay he say , ALL BUT WHAT HE DID SAY in the bible .   THEY going further and further away FROM WHAT HE SAID in the bible

and into what SHACKSAY and othersay .     sure are  lots of says in them sentences ,  BUT THE ONLY SAY that matters, IS WHAT DID GOD SAY , CHRIST SAY .     YEAH,  

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 7/13/2018 at 3:18 AM, shiloh357 said:

Before God is anything else, God is holy.  He holds all of his other attributes in holiness.  The Bible emphasizes the holiness of God over all of His other attributes, even more than love.   It is the one attribute he calls attention to more than any other attribute.

God's holiness is the standard by all moral conduct is measured.  

God is called holy in these passages: 

For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy. (Lev 11:44-45)

Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy. (Psa 99:9)

Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. (Isa 41:14)

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest. (Rev 15:4)

And in those passages, God is set apart from us and from all creation and from all of the false deities in the world.  Thus, every part of God's character/nature can be said to be holy because God is holy in everything. He expresses all of his communicable and non-communicable attributes are expressed in a state of holiness because He is first and foremost holy.    His expressions of love, mercy, grace etc. are holy in nature.   God's holiness is the core of His nature.   It is the basis for his purity and justice.  

Shabbat shalom, shiloh357.

Can we back up for a moment and define some terminology? We're using terms that, frankly, I perceive that not everyone is on the same page! What does it mean to be "holy?" What is "holiness?" Let's get that nailed down, first, and perhaps the other things will fall in line.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,829
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Retrobyter said:

Can we back up for a moment and define some terminology? We're using terms that, frankly, I perceive that not everyone is on the same page! What does it mean to be "holy?" What is "holiness?" Let's get that nailed down, first, and perhaps the other things will fall in line.

It's interesting that you brought this up. 

I was thinking about the same thing, how the people of the neighbouring Nations and not only them had festivals dedicated to their Gods, and the people participating were given to excessive dringing and sexual immorality and thats how the people celebrated their religious festivals. 

An example in the dessert when the paople were worshiping the Golden Calf, .

The Lord distroy the participants. 

It meant to tell the Israelites that not only their God was a Holy God, and he desires that his people do not be like the others. 

Andcit was important now and then to remind them that he is still Holy, so that the people knew that they still were set apart from the rest of the world, and that they were Holy unto him. 

That they were the only Holy Nation of the world, and that's why he was only their God and cannot be the God from any ine elses. 

And that they were from. The righteous seed of Abraham, his people. 

Their God eventually will. Enter their world and be born from Myriam in Bethlehem. 

Emmanuel, "God with us" .

So the people will know that Jesus Christ is a Holy Seed. 

Even for us, not to have any doubts That Jesus was a Holy and righteous seed. 

To reflect the question, no one in the world  in the OT, could be considered Holy, even if they lived a Holy Life. 

Only the chosen descendants of the righteous seed of Abraham could be considered to be made Holy, and only through the Law and the priests. 

Because they were clean and at that time the rest of the world was unclean. 

It was to show us that the seed in Myriam's womb was clean,  Holy and righteous, and that was not a seed from a Jewish man. 

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

No one on this thread has expressed any confusion over the meaning of the holiness; the problem so far as been an understanding that God is separate from what He has created and a view that God created Himself.  The problem here is an irrational theology about God over all. 

Guest shiloh357

When we say that God is holy, what we mean is that God is completely separate and in a class by Himself.  God is entirely unique and has no rival.  No one is like Him in holiness.  There are no competing entities that are anywhere close to being as holy as God.

God is holy in relationship to everything else.   He is separate and unique in His nature/character and essence and stands outside of the created order. 

God is holy in that He possesses attributes that He shares with no one.   That would include not only his complete and utter sinlessness and flawless perfection, but also his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence.  

God's holiness is seen in His transcendence.  When I refer to God’s transcendence, I am referring to fact that God is above and separate from the universe He created. He is not dependent on the created order in any way for anything. His transcendence also means that there are things about God which are beyond our comprehension.

That is what we mean when we say that God is holy and that is why it is His chief attribute.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

15 hours ago, Willie T said:

Likewise.  Your wisdom has been missed. 

that's very kind of you to say my friend and I've also missed reading your insights and wisdom on topics as well, the post you shared in this thread was spot on...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, God did not create Himself.  That is irrational.   You would have to pre-exist yourself in order to bring yourself into existence.   And no one believes that kind of garbage. 

I was referring to what you said (in the beginning God created heaven and earth), I do believe your wise enough to know what I meant. to many times I see people do that quite often here, take someone's statement and project another meaning they never said. I do feel the animosity around here I could be wrong but that's how I feel and I don't feel welcomed here at the site at all. this is probably my last post I've been really turned off by posters and moderators here it's not a place I've enjoyed very much. I will continue to donate to the site  to help others have a place to share their feelings and thoughts but I've had enough of being called a hater, speaking herasy being called a false teacher and a slew of other names, I don't feel much love and patience sometimes it may take awhile for people to understand and true Christian should be patient and kind

no were in scripture does it say God is separate from his creations, does God always talk through his creations a burning bush or a donkey or a human vessel, No. 

All things created was created through Jesus, God is not seperate from Jesus, you may have a different view opinion on it that's ok. 

I do truly wish people could be a little more kinder gentle around here but that would be wishful thinking.

God bless, take care