• Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

Who says?

80% of the posters in this thread.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Yet, we are to keep God at a distance, and perhaps only worship Him up on a pedestal?

No, but at the same time, we need to keep from being flippant in our worship of Him.   He is our Father but He is also our King and one aspect of that relationship doesn't cancel out the other.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,901
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

It is kind of nice to see parts of rational explanations finally coming out, rather that "Holy" declarations. 

Funny you should say that. The local Nazarene Church motto was "Holiness To The Lord" and their sign boldly stated as much, but only a few of the congregation practiced it. 

• This is Worthy 1

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, shiloh357.

Wow. Ask a simple question, and you get gibberish! (And, by that, I mean a bunch of incoherent statements that hit all around it but never actually nail it down.) This is why I asked for a definition!

I'm not asking for how everyone uses the term for their version of their own theological interpretation of that term; I'm talking about the TERM ITSELF! Why is that so hard?

I gave a definition as it is being used in this thread to apply as an attribute of God.  I didn't give gibberish or incoherent statements. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

12 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I gave a definition as it is being used in this thread to apply as an attribute of God.  I didn't give gibberish or incoherent statements. 

Shalom, shiloh357.

No, you just gave a BUNCH of statements that were disassociated and somewhat contradictory, which is why, in my opinion, they were "gibberish," and for me, they WERE "incoherent" as they really didn't answer my question.

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Not feeling the shalom Roy.  Shiloh's post wasn't "gibberish" or incoherent. 

Shalom, Davida.

Tranquility is found in clarity and simplicity. That's why many people experience anything BUT shalom in the "rat race" we run today.

Proverbs 10:19 (KJV)

19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

Or in Charles "Tremendous" Jones' words, "SIBKIS: See It Big, Keep It Simple." That doesn't mean to keep quiet completely; it just means to keep your answer to a few words. (And, I know; I'm one of the biggest offenders!)

<REWIND> Okay, perhaps I should have asked a different question: What is the definition of the Hebrew word "kadowsh," which is often translated "holy?" Let's try that instead....

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, shiloh357.

No, you just gave a BUNCH of statements that were disassociated and somewhat contradictory, which is why, in my opinion, they were "gibberish," and for me, they WERE "incoherent" as they really didn't answer my question.

No, that is really not true, at all.  And it doesn't really matter what they were for you.   No one else had a problem, so there is no real problem with what I said.  And they did answer the question you asked.   You might not have liked the answer I gave, but the question was answered.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is really not true, at all.  And it doesn't really matter what they were for you.   No one else had a problem, so there is no real problem with what I said.  And they did answer the question you asked.   You might not have liked the answer I gave, but the question was answered.

Shalom, shiloh357.

Okay, then, at the risk of pushing you over the edge, show me book, chapter, and verse.

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Davida.

Tranquility is found in clarity and simplicity. That's why many people experience anything BUT shalom in the "rat race" we run today.

Proverbs 10:19 (KJV)

19 In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.

Or in Charles "Tremendous" Jones' words, "SIBKIS: See It Big, Keep It Simple." That doesn't mean to keep quiet completely; it just means to keep your answer to a few words. (And, I know; I'm one of the biggest offenders!)

<REWIND> Okay, perhaps I should have asked a different question: What is the definition of the Hebrew word "kadowsh," which is often translated "holy?" Let's try that instead....

This thread is about why Holiness is God's chief attribute.  It is not for you to trying  take over thread by you posting an online novel with one your word studies.   If you want to discuss what holiness  IS, then start another thread.   But you are not going to take over this thread.

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, shiloh357.

Okay, then, at the risk of pushing you over the edge, show me book, chapter, and verse.

God is holy in that He possesses attributes that He shares with no one.   That would include not only his complete and utter sinlessness and flawless perfection, but also his omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence.