MeaCulpa3

Ask a Catholic Anything!

You could probably guess from the title that I am Catholic and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about Catholicism! I will not debate or argue, but I will tell you what we believe and why we believe it. I probably won’t know all the answers. :)

So go ahead and ask any questions you might have! I’d be happy to try to answer them!

Which 'sect' of Catholicism are you? Latin, Roman, Armenian, Byzantine, Coptic, Ethiopian, East Syriac (Chaldean), West Syriac, or Maronite?

3 hours ago, MeaCulpa3 said:

You could probably guess from the title that I am Catholic and I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about Catholicism! I will not debate or argue, but I will tell you what we believe and why we believe it. I probably won’t know all the answers. :)

So go ahead and ask any questions you might have! I’d be happy to try to answer them!

Do you believe all non-catholics are damned?  

6 hours ago, MeaCulpa3 said:

Hello  Meaculpa, and welcome to Worthy :)

John 3:16 
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello Mea Culpa, maxima culpa here. Welcome to Worthy..........

Trick question;    
Are you saved?             Dominus vobiscum

How delightful for a catholic to offer to answer questions to anything!  There is much i am very confused about concerning the catholic faith.  I hope you can answer these questions so i might reconcile confusion extinct.   Here goes...

1)How can Mary be a virgin when the Bible clearly states Jesus had brothers?

2)Do you see any contradiction to praying to Mary and saints compared to the instructions Jesus gave to pray... Our Father who art in heaven, I mean Jesus never gave instructions to pray to anyone else so is there a contradiction?

3)How do you explain praying to statues and even just having them around when it says in Exodus chapter 20: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; ?

4)What do you think about the popes website referring to himself as "the holy see" as the bible tells us all have gone astray and there is none righteous except Jesus?

5)How do you explain purgatory, a place you can go until all your sins are "paid for" so you can go to heaven, when the bible clearly teaches Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven and that we are not saved by our righteousness but are saved by grace thru faith?  Ephesians 2:8

These are just a few questions I have, I have many more but I am just really confused as to how the Catholic faith has come to some of the traditions it holds as well as some of the teachings when compared to what the bible says.  Its all very confusing to me.  Thank you for your time in advance. 

Where in scripture does it say that someone can pay money to the church to have some of their sins taken away?