• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Praise THE LORD!!!!!!!! 

I just wanted to write a little note. As I proceed with my Bible study i just want to note certain things in order not to forget them. 

Acts Chapter 8. Take a look at Acts 8:21. Notice how similar it is to NEHEMIAH 2:20. And in both cases the person spoken to appears to be a Samaritan. 

First of all, we know that all races are equal before GOD!!!!! Just take a look at when king Saul 's relatives were hung because Saul was committing a genocide against the Gavaonites!

But why is it that 2 similar verses are spoken to the Samaritans? 

Perhaps it is because they are guilty of the similar sin! 

It says that the Samaritans, when they were first mentioned in The Bible were guilty of idolatry even after they were given the blessed opportunity to know The Truth; after the priest was sent to them to teach them.

And in the latter case too, the Simon person was involved in some abominable sin, like sorcery. He lived in a Samaritan city. Later he accepted The Truth. But has he completely abandoned the abominable sin? Probably not. That is probably the reason for his attempt to "bribe" the apostles. And by Mercy From The Above he is given a second chance!!!

What do we learn from this? We are reminded again: Deuteronomy 6:4!!!!!!!!!

Edited by justme007

I want to write little notes like this while studdying The Bible. This is not the first time I read Acts. But somehow this story completely slipped my mind. I forgot the story completely to my shame. When it comes to The Bible, nothing should be forgotten; we must study it delegently and with zeal every day! It's sad that my mind is so limited and my memory is so weak....

The most important thing is that we all should remember that THE LORD!!!!!!!! loves us and that HE!!!!!!!!!! Is the ONLY REASON!!!!!! for our life!!!

Edited by justme007
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Good posts Justme.

Indeed the Lord GOD has no bias or prejudice to anyone, He loves and He punishes all without looking on the status of a person.

In your first post you touched a difficult subject concerning Gavaonites (in my Bible they named as Gibeinites).

(Hivites - Horites, inhabitants of Seir, intermarried with descendants of Esau. Genesis 36.1-25)

A people descended from Canaan (Genesis 10.17) who lived in the land before and after Israel's conquest of the land of Canaan (Exodus 13.5) (Deuteronomy 7.1) (Joshua 11.3) (Judges 3.5) (1Kings 9.20).

No reference to the Hivites exists outside the Bible. Many scholars think the name "Hivites" is an early scribal error for "Horite" (Hurian). Other scholars suggest that the Hivites were a smaller group within the Horites.

The Bible indicates that the Hivites lived near Tyre and Sidon (2Samuel 24.7), in the hill country of Lebanon (Judges 3.3), in Mizpah near Mount Hermon (Joshua 11.3), in central Israel at Shechem (Genesis 34.2), and in the town of Gibeon north of Jerusalem (Joshua 9.7, 11.19).

Many Hivites were murdered by Simeon and Levi, sons of Jacob, after a member of a Hivite clan assaulted their sister Dinah (Genesis 34).

Later the Israelites were commanded to take Canaan from various groups of Canaanites, including Hivites (Exodus 13.5, 23.23.28).

Hivites from Gideon tricked Joshua and the Israelites into making a covenant with them (Joshua 9), Joshua spared the Hivites and made them servants (Joshua 9.27).

Hivites were also among those Canaanites whom Solomon used as slave laborers for his building projects (1Kings 9.20-21) (2Chronicles 8.7-8).

(Nelson's Compact Bible Dictionary. Ronald F. Youngblood, F.F. Bruce, R.K. Harrison.)

But the story concerning descendants of Saul whom David hanged always bothered me.

Punishment on the descendants of Saul, for Saul's violation of the oath that Israelites gave to Gibeonites (Hivites).  (2Samuel 21.1-2.5-9).

It is kind very hard to comprehend the execution of those seven men for the foolish deed of their father Saul. May they also participated in massacre of Gibeonites? The time table is hard to establish, but I always believe that GOD would never punish innocent person, actually no one is completely innocent among adults.

Saul was father to Armoni and Mephibosheth (this was another Mephibosheth, not the son of Jonathan, see verse 7), and who was grandfather to another five of his descendants born from his daughter Merab to Adriel (Verse 8).

This issue of the slaughter of the Gibeonites was not raised by anyone but GOD Himself. As indicated in verse 2, Gibeonites even were not from the son of Israel, but the remnants of the Amorites, those to whom Joshua and Israel swore that they would not exterminate them, thought the Gibeonites tricked them to believe that they are not from the inhabitants of the Canaan.

And while Saul and his son Jonathan were both killed in the battle with the Philistines, it seems that for GOD it was not enough. In this particular case GOD does not required animal sacrifices, or fasting, or mourning, or lament of any kind, or monetary compensation, but only one thing, the lives of the descendants of Saul, to erase the guilt of Saul, and to stop the famine which was already devastated the land and the people for three long years, because of the Saul's deed against Gibeonites.

This is also perfectly revealed that GOD has no partiality to anyone, even to His beloved people Israel, and does justice accordingly to the deeds committed. And here GOD shown that He would punish anyone in Israel who dares to violate not only His Commandments and Statutes, but even for violation of an oath to foreigners.

If GOD punishes people for breaking their vows, He also punishes people for not fulfilling them.

Ecclesiastes 5.2.4-5

2.Never be rush with your mouth, nor let your heart be quick to utter a word before GOD, GOD is in Heaven and you upon Earth, therefore let your words be few.

4.When you make a vow to GOD do not delay fulfilling it, He has no pleasure in fools. Fulfill what you vow.

5.It is better that you should not vow, than that you should vow and not fulfilled.

Thank you Alex, 

You are right in terms of wovels, this is the original word, I copied it from the Biblehub website: גִבְע֜וֹן    the word is supposed to be transliterated as Giveon, with an "e" that is supposed to be very short. The second consonant is v, because there is no dagesh inside the letter Bait. At least that is what i think, i can only understand Hebrew on a very basic level, i could be mistaken. And here is the complete verse: http://biblehub.com/text/joshua/9-3.htm 

I am reading(listening mostly) to the Russian Synodal version of The Bible. It has been revised in 1994 and is said to be very accurate. The only thing, as we can see is the names. They are often slightly changed(or more than slightly) when the text is translated. That's the version I've been reading since I was a kid. In another version that they added later the names are different and they are a bit closer to the original ones I think. It is always best to try and read The original text. I want to get better at Hebrew as well as learn Greek and Aramaic if I can.

Another thing to note here, while we read Acts 7, there is a reference to Genesis 15, I believe. And in Genesis 15 the 7 nations of the land of Canaan are named differently; different names are used to refer to them. When we read this wonderful chapter, it is important to focus on the main message here, which is faith. Paul mentions verses from Genesis 15 too when he talks about faith. 

And when it comes to wether or not someone is innocent, we must believe!!! Let's look at Lamentations 3:38 -40. There are no innocent victims when it comes to punishment From The Above!!!! We must always believe! GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! controls absolutely everything!!!!!! With absolute Love and Justice!!!!!!!

The fact that those men who got hung ended up that way means that there was a reason for that. Nothing is random, nothing is accidental! 

Let's look at another event that had to do with Saul. He sent his servant to kill the priests and everyone in their city. There was only one survivor, Abiatar. But it was foretold to Eli, who was the high priest when Samuel was born, that because of the sins of his sons and because he failed to stop them his house will be purged - 1 Samuel 3:14. 

There are so many places in The Bible to show us that GOD!!!!!!!!!!! controls absolutely everything - our lives, our thoughts, everything around us, our decisions - everything!!!! 

Let's believe, brothers and sisters!

Edited by justme007

Oh, I forgot to mention JOHN 9:3!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

It is very good Justme that you study Bible in details and have very good knowledge of it, I only whish that all who call themselves “Christians” would do the same thing.

Concerning my unease with execution of the sons of Saul, I never questioned justice and righteousness of GOD in any case. I firmly believed that GOD is perfect in His justice and I accept absolutely everything that GOD doing and judging.

Generally my apprehension concerning judgment on the sons of Saul came from the fact that no any indication of their guilt in anything was ever mentioned, and because it was written that GOD does not punishes children for the sins of their fathers but everyone is punished for their own sins, I completely and totally accepting the judgment against the sons of Saul without even knowing the reason and fact of their guilt.

Bible, and the GOD Himself not always indicating the reason, motive, or cause for some actions and judgments, but it does not mean at all that some of the conducts or judgments have been unjust or not right.

So, I taking every act of GOD by my faith and confidently believe in His absolute true justice and righteousness, and have any doubts about any of His actions and deeds. He is the only One in Whom I really trust.

I also have one Russian Bible and it also Synodal version, of 1968. Surprisingly, many passages and statements of that Bible perfectly match Hebrew translation of  ETZ Hayim, and Pentateuch – Haftorah, which serves for me as an excellent cross-reference point then it comes to meaning of the certain Hebrew words.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,776
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/13/2018 at 7:01 PM, justme007 said:

Praise THE LORD!!!!!!!! 

I just wanted to write a little note. As I proceed with my Bible study i just want to note certain things in order not to forget them. 

Acts Chapter 8. Take a look at Acts 8:21. Notice how similar it is to NEHEMIAH 2:20. And in both cases the person spoken to appears to be a Samaritan. 

First of all, we know that all races are equal before GOD!!!!! Just take a look at when king Saul 's relatives were hung because Saul was committing a genocide against the Gavaonites!

But why is it that 2 similar verses are spoken to the Samaritans? 

Perhaps it is because they are guilty of the similar sin! 

It says that the Samaritans, when they were first mentioned in The Bible were guilty of idolatry even after they were given the blessed opportunity to know The Truth; after the priest was sent to them to teach them.

And in the latter case too, the Simon person was involved in some abominable sin, like sorcery. He lived in a Samaritan city. Later he accepted The Truth. But has he completely abandoned the abominable sin? Probably not. That is probably the reason for his attempt to "bribe" the apostles. And by Mercy From The Above he is given a second chance!!!

What do we learn from this? We are reminded again: Deuteronomy 6:4!!!!!!!!!

What is it with Deuter....6:4, 

I try to understand why you made reference to it, what so important about it, with all the respect.

Thank you...

On 7/18/2018 at 12:08 AM, Your closest friendnt said:

What is it with Deuter....6:4, 

I try to understand why you made reference to it, what so important about it, with all the respect.

Thank you...

Oh, the blessed Deuteronomy 6:4!!!!!!!!

The comandment found in the Old Testament says not to say THE HOLIEST NAME!!!!!!!! in vain!

The commandment in the New Testement, THE FIRST and THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!!!!! we all know these commandments, brothers and sisters!

So, THE FIRST COMMANDMENT!!!!!!! of The New Testament is found in Deuteronomy 6:5!!!!!!!! 

The verses from Deuteronomy 6:4!!!!!!!! to 6:9 are collectively known as SHEMA!!!!!!! - the most well known prayer in Judaism! I learned that while studying Biblical Hebrew.

I am just trying to follow the commandments! I am afraid to say THE HOLIEST NAME!!!!!!! or THE HOLLIEST WORD!!!!!!! in vain. Or I am afraid that I might not be clean or worthy enough to say THE HOLLIEST NAME!!!!!!! or THE HOLLIEST WORD!!!!!!!! that is why I try to just say The FIRST COMMANDMENT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT!!!!!!!! or Deuteronomy 6:4!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Alex2165 said:

It is very good Justme that you study Bible in details and have very good knowledge of it, I only whish that all who call themselves “Christians” would do the same thing.

Concerning my unease with execution of the sons of Saul, I never questioned justice and righteousness of GOD in any case. I firmly believed that GOD is perfect in His justice and I accept absolutely everything that GOD doing and judging.

Generally my apprehension concerning judgment on the sons of Saul came from the fact that no any indication of their guilt in anything was ever mentioned, and because it was written that GOD does not punishes children for the sins of their fathers but everyone is punished for their own sins, I completely and totally accepting the judgment against the sons of Saul without even knowing the reason and fact of their guilt.

Bible, and the GOD Himself not always indicating the reason, motive, or cause for some actions and judgments, but it does not mean at all that some of the conducts or judgments have been unjust or not right.

So, I taking every act of GOD by my faith and confidently believe in His absolute true justice and righteousness, and have any doubts about any of His actions and deeds. He is the only One in Whom I really trust.

I also have one Russian Bible and it also Synodal version, of 1968. Surprisingly, many passages and statements of that Bible perfectly match Hebrew translation of  ETZ Hayim, and Pentateuch – Haftorah, which serves for me as an excellent cross-reference point then it comes to meaning of the certain Hebrew words.

You are right, Alex. I pray that everyone who calls themselves Christians would pray, repent, and start applying as much effort as they can to worship, grow spiritually, and work for GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! as much and as hard as we can! It is so easy to become lukewarm unfortunately. That's what happened to me. My life fell apart completely at one point as a result. By Mercy from The Above!!! I am still alive and well and very thankful in my prayers! Worldly things can lead us away from the right pass. If instead of working for GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! we start living in a worldly way it's just sad. Like thinking about that always makes me depressed. Thinking about the worldly things I mean. There is always that depressing thought on the background that everything is so fragile and unstable and short and as a result hopeless. The ONLY HOPE IS GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can fix everything and make it right and perfect and full of logic and meaning! HE!!!!!!!!!!!! can regenerate and restore everything!

On 7/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Alex2165 said:

Praise THE LORD!!!!!!!!! 

There is something I want to say and am looking for the right words. I am afraid that I might say something wrong and sin that way. My only goal is to praise THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should repent in advance and in case if I say something wrong!

Brother Alex, first of all, the most important is that we realize that THE MOST HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS always ABSOLUTELY JUST, LOVING, FAIR, WISE AND PERFECT!!!!!!!!! THAT IS ALWAYS ABSOLUTELY UNCONDITIONAL!!!!!!!! The most important part is that we realize that and believe that, and that is great that you do! That is most important!

I just feel the need to point out some things in The Bible. Exodus 20:5 as well as Deuteronomy 5:9!

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! in HIS!!!!! ABSOLUTE WISDOM LOVE AND JUSTICE reveals to us who is being punished by HIM!!!!!!!!!!! Up to 3rd and 4th generation! People, however, are told to not punish fathers for sins of children and children for the sins of fathers, but everyone for their own sins. We are given limited minds and limited understanding, that is why we are not allowed to extend JUSTICE past those who are directly responsible for committing the sins. 2nd Kings 14:5-6, Deuteronomy 24:16. Also take a look at EZEKIEL 18:4 and 18:20.