• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,563
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Just curious; Kung Fu and Pinkbelt? Is there a belt color rating system in the particular school of Kung Fu training received, and does it include a Pinkbelt?

What does "Pinkbelt" communicate if anything?

Guest PinkBelt
25 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Just curious; Kung Fu and Pinkbelt? Is there a belt color rating system in the particular school of Kung Fu training received, and does it include a Pinkbelt?

What does "Pinkbelt" communicate if anything?

It's just a joke. Traditional Kung-Fu doesn't have a belt ranking system like Japanese martial arts.  If people ask me what belt I am I either say "equivalent to a black belt" or "pink belt" if I'm feeling cheeky.

6 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

It's just a joke. Traditional Kung-Fu doesn't have a belt ranking system like Japanese martial arts.  If people ask me what belt I am I either say "equivalent to a black belt" or "pink belt" if I'm feeling cheeky.

And here I thought it might be some  attempt at being  a today's politically correct Taekwondo belt rating system, something near Red with white stripe or just  pink.

Anyway, PinkBelt it is, distinctive enough, cheeky I don't know from.

36 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Any time Jesus was asked a question, He gave an answer.  He didn't just walk away or say He wouldn't talk to someone anymore.

Hi, just can't let  that one stand, without this major exception being noted-

"When Herod saw Jesus, he was very glad, for he had long desired to see him, because he had heard about him, and he was hoping to see some sign done by him.  So he questioned him at some length, but he made no answer.  The chief priests and the scribes stood by, vehemently accusing him.  And Herod with his soldiers treated him with contempt and mocked him. Then, arraying him in splendid clothing, he sent him back to Pilate.  And Herod and Pilate became friends with each other that very day, for before this they had been at enmity with each other.

Pilate then called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people, and said to them, “You brought me this man as one who was misleading the people. And after examining him before you, behold, I did not find this man guilty of any of your charges against him.  Neither did Herod, for he sent him back to us. Look, nothing deserving death has been done by him.  I will therefore punish and release him.”

I suggest that there are times for response and times for silence for not every question is worthy of answer, and certainly not just to engage in vain debate.

From Proverbs comes this: "Then they will call upon me, but I will not answer;
    they will seek me diligently but will not find me.
29 Because they hated knowledge
    and did not choose the fear of the Lord,
30 would have none of my counsel
    and despised all my reproof,
31 therefore they shall eat the fruit of their way,
    and have their fill of their own devices."

God does not answer very question just because it is asked,  demanded or prayed about. He will remain silent for even 400 years in some instances.

• Loved it! 2

Guest PinkBelt
21 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And here I thought it might be some  attempt at being  a today's politically correct Taekwondo belt rating system, something near Red with white stripe or just  pink.

Anyway, PinkBelt it is, distinctive enough, cheeky I don't know from.

If you ever see a martial arts school with many belts, especially stripes and what not, run far away. They are a McDojo.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Hello PinkBelt, just to say that i understand the difficulties you went through growing up where you did and the kind of marriage you dealt with and the church. Sure, no one is perfect and to obey Christ 100% is no bed of roses, but by God's mercy and grace, we want to finish the race we have started in Christ. Salvation is in Christ alone. I pray that you would find a bible believing church that has Christ as the centre and as the head of church. Prayerfully, you would continue your walk in Christ, also for your daughter to be in Christ. God bless.

Edited by Estrella
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, Yowm said:

Because the red letters are words that the Apostles  recorded of their encounters with Jesus just as Romans through Revelation are words that the Apostles recorded through inspiration of the Holy Spirit which also reflect Jesus' teachings. You can't pit one section over the other, that is a tactic bible denying liberals use, not born again Christians. I never said you weren't a Christian, it's just you need some better teaching than what you received.

ED ZACH LEE does agree .    THE WORDS of JESUS and the APOSTLES were one and the same  .  No apostles letters CONTRADICTED A THING JESUS SAID, IT COMPLIMENTED and AGREED WITH ALL HE SAID . THOSE men were UNDER THE HOLY SPIRIT .    MR LEE agrees .   Its such a sad tragedy that folks use JESUS RED LETTERS , and OUT OF TEXT TO SUPPORT

a gospel that don't exist , social , all inclusive .   THESE so called red letter ones , IF BRIAN MCLAREN is one of them ,  SHOO WEEE, that shows that movement is way OFF.

No wonder folks came after me when I said I LOVE THOSE RED LETTERS ,  folks like McLaren DONT even LOVE those red letters .  IF THEY DID , why on earth are they teaching

WHAT THEY DO NOW .    JESUS SAYINGS are KEY ,  AS are the apostels WHO EXPOUNDED ON THEM .   FOR the HOLY SPIRIT brought remembrance of all HE SAID

to them. ITS WHAT the COMFORTER DOES .   Brian is false as false can be .   HE don't love Christ or the red letters, IF HE DID , he would have loved what the apostels

WHO WERE OF CHRIST also said .   YEAH, when picking and choosing begins , YA can rest assured they serve the god of self and pick and choose WHAT they want to do

and what they do not want to hear and do .   EXPOSE IT Yowm .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

The reason I said you "hate" liberals is because you clearly do. You demonize them and accuse them of thoughts and beliefs that are not at all true. if it is true please show me evidence that every liberal, or even most of, embodies all the beliefs and traits you accuse them of.

As to honoring my parents: I'm 40 and not beholden to my mother and father. They were abusive towards me, as I stated, and therefore I cut off communication. I have not abused them, I have not called them names or done anything disrespectful. They are not entitled to abuse me because they are my parents and if you think they are then that is your problem not mine. I don't answer to you I answer to God.

This is addressed to all three of you:

I have never committed adultery and you are baring false witness by stating otherwise. My first post clearly says my ex-husband WAS an adulterer and therefore I have a biblical right to a divorce. Please read Matthew 19:9.

Having a boyfriend does not make one an adulterer and I have not once given any impression otherwise. For you to assume I am in some sexually inappropriate relationship says everything about you and nothing about me. To make assumptions about others is the same of judging, which Jesus unambiguously warned against.

Now that you have assaulted my character without cause and repeatedly attacked me I am no longer going to communicate with you.

Going to add this because it needs to be said.

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they hate you. The whole "hate" thing comes from Saul Alinsky's book. "Isolate and demonize" - quite the popular Liberal thing to do (to the opposition.) Truly hating someone would likely involve not pointing out the error they may be involved in and just letting them go their own way without pointing it out. For the lost that could mean dying without Christ. For the believer it could mean giving an account to Lord for it, and that would probably not be a good experience.

The rest could have been said without playing the victim - something that Liberals also love to do.

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Estrella said:

Hello PinkBelt, just to say that i understand the difficulties you went through growing up where you did and the kind of marriage you dealt with and the church. Sure, no one is perfect and to obey Christ 100% is no bed of roses, but by God's mercy and grace, we want to finish the race we have started in Christ. Salvation is in Christ alone. I pray that you would find a bible believing church that has Christ as the centre and as the head of church. Prayerfully, you would continue your walk in Christ, also for your daughter to be in Christ. God bless.

Likewise I was compassionate to you, Pinkbelt, about what you went through.    Like Estrella I hope you will find a Bible believing church where Jesus is proclaimed.   There are good Bible believing churches that are very loving and supportive.  You just need to visit some different churches.  You had bad experiences with one church but that doesn't mean all churches are like that.

I did look at the website of the Red Letter movement (was not familiar with this movement) and I was very surprised at the content...very liberal views, even being concerned that abortion will be over turned!!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

The debate is not vain when someone is espousing a false doctrine.  The Red Letter movement does not follow the teachings of Jesus.  They actually ignore them.  False doctrine always has to be confronted.  When someone implies it should not be confronted, that is a problem.

That was not implied, but I see it will be vain to continue. I have addressed the error I felt should not stand, that is sufficient.

• Thumbs Up 1