• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/26/2018 at 12:30 PM, GandalfTheWise said:

Ultimately, I didn't trust God to deal with problems (both real and imagined) in other people's lives.  I had to take care of it now because I was a watchman on the wall and if I would be sinning if I didn't call out each and every sin (real and imagined) that I saw.   Gentleness, meekness, and patience became optional tools to be used on occasion to convince people I was right.  I had become so deluded that I excused myself for not displaying these characteristics and fruits in my life.  I started to read scripture primarily for learning how to find errors and correct problems; and not for learning more about God.  I started to see others in bible verses that I read, and not myself.  

I found  this helpful to warn me of wandering into a snare. It has helped me to reflect and do a reality check. As the fruit of the spirit gets covered over. For me anyway, in my enthusiasm to warn out.

This is a long journey and we are each are at different stages of it. I still have much to learn -and having pointers on the way which is how I received this post- as helpful.