• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Where in the Bible does it say children who die become "angels" ?  Where is this taught in the Bible scripture? Humans don't become angels when they die they are totally different creations of GOD.  We are to take our knowledge & instructions from the Bible scripture -only. 

Exactly!  The Bible never teaches that angel stuff.  Yet it is getting to be quite common in churches that people express this sentiment..... AND we Holy "kick-the-Bethel-people" protectors of Christianity say nothing about THAT. 

37 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I suppose we just sit silently by singing Kum-Bah-Ya while the wolves devour the sheep?

How did the Bible tell us to restore one we saw caught in something like this?  After all, these ARE brothers and sisters we are talking about.  Do the things said here about them fall into line with doing that restoration the way Jesus (through Paul) told us to do?

Edited by Willie T

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

You're pretty naïve if you think every one that names Jesus is our brother or sister. 

1 John 4:1 NASB
[1] Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew 7:15 NASB
[15] "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

1 Timothy 4:1 NASB
[1] But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

2 Peter 2:1-3 NASB
[1] But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. [2] Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; [3] and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

These 'leaders' are unteachable and unaccountable, not our brethren...

Titus 3:10 KJV
[10] A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Well, I have come to see there is no doubt that there are several people here who have no problem with deciding who is a Christian and who isn't.  I can't say that I can do that.  Shoot, I can't even walk on water.

36 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I don't say that people who die become angels.  In my 58 years here on earth I have never heard one single person in a church I attended say that they believed that people who died became angels.  I don't know what circles you travel in, but they are not a good barometer of how the church feels about people who die and what happens to them. 

You keep attempting to set up a false dichotomy.  Even if you do know some misguided people in church that think we become angels when they die, that does not mean, by extension, that others in the church now cannot speak out against a doctrine that is, without any shred of doubt, wrong.  Accurate and sound biblical doctrine is not just good, it is essential, and we are commanded to both guard it, practice it, and defend it.  You don't seem to feel any passion with making sure doctrine is sound.  Your doctrine and theology is either sound, or it is not.  There is no gray area there.  You don't have the option of telling someone else they should not speak out about false doctrine just because you know a few people who do not practice sound doctrine either.  That does not reflect on anyone here in any way, unless you can point out something about our doctrine that is wrong on an individual basis.  You need to quit trying to make the issue about posters here and explain to us why this behavior isn't wrong.

The thread is not about anyone's doctrine here.  The thread is about Bethel's taught doctrine of grave-soaking.  Explain to us why it is OK.

Go back and find one sentence where I said their doctrine was correct.  You cannot do it.  I have plainly said several times that they are misguided in that.  My entire point is, and has been from the start, that we have no right (no matter what verses we snatch to try and justify it.) to be talking about them like they are demons.  They actually ARE Christian brothers and sisters of ours, as much as some of you have tried to deny that.

I find that grave stuff they do (remember, they are doing it to my own aunt's grave) just as distasteful as I find much of our conduct right here.  But, they are still our brothers and sisters in Christ.  Why are we treating them like they aren't?

Edited by Willie T

Which one of you has said even one single word to the people you say are wrong?  I would guess, not one of you.  But you have made post after post about them here where no one in their organization or anyone even thinking about them much even hears your words.  It has even been said that theirs is a "doctrine of demons."  Not my words, but a direct quote from one of you.

I have only repeatedly said that is not what Jesus told us to do.  Whether you like it or not, they worship the same God you and I do, and they are brothers and sisters.  Jesus gave us a very explicit path to follow when we feel someone else (another Christian) is wrong.  I will simply ask, are you, or is anyone here, following the path Jesus gave us?

Edited by Willie T

So you have bravely reported me again?  Am I supposed to be surprised?  For what? Disagreeing with blind bias?  I have called no one names, I have not said even one person was not a Christian.  What is my horrid crime?

I doubt it will happen, but I would ask that the mods would be objective, and look at ALL the posts in this thread.  I think it will be seen that some "crying wolf" the loudest have said some of the more hateful things.

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And you would be guessing wrong. 

Since Bill Johnson himself openly vilifies his detractors, and openly ridicules people who continually say we all need to exercise discernment, that takes the entire issue outside the purview of a one-on-one private contact.  That makes it public so that the heresies have to be confronted in public.

Isn't the source of the occult satanic?

So, you have called or written him?  What did you say, and what was his reply?

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Just for the record, I pulled that quote of Willie's from a different thread, the Passion Bible thread- where my christianity was called into question by Willie for speaking against the Passion Bible & it's author, though he accused us of doing that to Bethel church though we didn't and yet he said he would never do such a thing and in reality ya,  he did-- but we didn't.  

I will repeat.  The quote you posted didn't call your Christianity into question.  I believe I said that same thing when you posted it a while ago... WHERE is the questioning?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There is a huge difference between a person going to a grave site and grieving over the loss of a loved one and someone calling the for the dead person's spirit back and then seeking spiritual enlightenment or special powers from the dead person. This isn't the first time Bethel church has shown video's on utube in regards to new age activities. What these people in the video are doing can be likened to simon the sorcerer in the book of Acts, chapter 8 who thought he could buy the gift of God with money. His actions and money was condemned. What these people are doing is trying to obtain supernatural abilities from a dead person and this activity is definitely demonic in nature. So the definition of necromancy fits the activity in the video.

Dictionary definition for “Necromancy”

communication with the dead, usually in order to obtain insight into the future or to accomplish some otherwise impossible task.

• Thumbs Up 4

30 minutes ago, Yowm said:

"Yes", I believe he worships the same God.   Does he have heretical views?  "Yes", I believe he has heretical views.  What does "having heretical views" mean?  To what I am certain will come as a shock to many people reading this, "heresy" means "having views that are not the same as Traditional Views."  Does that make him "wrong?"  Maybe "Yes", maybe "No."  In honest truth, it just means he doesn't hold to what I might have been taught in Bible School.  But, I was taught that "repent" meant "to feel sorry."  I was also taught that "The eye of a Needle" was a very small gated opening in a larger wall that only an unloaded camel could traverse by inching along on its knees (for entry to the city after the main gates were locked for the night)  So Traditional Teachings" aren't necessarily correct teachings.

Edited by Willie T