• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

And I suppose you hold that Muslims worship the same God as Christians, after all they just believe 'differently'.

Oh, stop playing games.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2 hours ago, Willie T said:

Which one of you has said even one single word to the people you say are wrong?  I would guess, not one of you.  But you have made post after post about them here where no one in their organization or anyone even thinking about them much even hears your words.  It has even been said that theirs is a "doctrine of demons."  Not my words, but a direct quote from one of you.

I have only repeatedly said that is not what Jesus told us to do.  Whether you like it or not, they worship the same God you and I do, and they are brothers and sisters.  Jesus gave us a very explicit path to follow when we feel someone else (another Christian) is wrong.  I will simply ask, are you, or is anyone here, following the path Jesus gave us?

Bill Johnson has specifically said that God is “in charge but He’s not in control.” He has also said that he refuses to permit a theology that allows for sickness.

Seth Dahl, the children’s pastor at Bethel, claims he had a vision where Jesus asked HIM for forgiveness!

The “Holy Spirit” of Bethel makes people thrash around, twitch, spasm, laugh uncontrollably, roll around on the floor, act drunk, become paralyzed and lose control. The true Holy Spirit, as Scripture tells us plainly, causes temperance/self control.

The “Jesus” of Bethel died on the cross not simply to save those who believe from sin, death and eternal damnation, but to make believers healthy and wealthy. Kris Valotton recently released a book on this very topic. Go to his Facebook page and see how shamelessly he promotes it.

Scripture warns us quite clearly of those who teach and promote “another Jesus”, “another spirit” or “another Gospel.”

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Willie T said:

"Yes", I believe he worships the same God.   Does he have heretical views?  "Yes", I believe he has heretical views.  What does "having heretical views" mean?  To what I am certain will come as a shock to many people reading this, "heresy" means "having views that are not the same as Traditional Views."  Does that make him "wrong?"  Maybe "Yes", maybe "No."  In honest truth, it just means he doesn't hold to what I might have been taught in Bible School.  But, I was taught that "repent" meant "to feel sorry."  I was also taught that "The eye of a Needle" was a very small gated opening in a larger wall that only an unloaded camel could traverse by inching along on its knees (for entry to the city after the main gates were locked for the night)  So Traditional Teachings" aren't necessarily correct teachings.

You can try to defend Johnson as having “untraditional beliefs” about God.

It’s far more than that, let me assure you. His views on God and the Christian faith are quite often heretical and blasphemous.

And yes, we are indeed to “earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints.” There are not clever, new revelations being given as so many in the NAR claim.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Willie T said:

But, so many of us presume to decide for God that it is us, not Him, who is to judge what these Bethel people are doing......So much so that we start losing it and calling them "Satan followers", and worse.  I am really not speaking in this thread so much about them, as I am talking about the disappointing behavior we have stooped to in the way we judge them.  And, "Yes" it is judging..... something God says is not ours to do.  Judge for yourself, and refrain if you feel that is the right way to go, but don't try to hide prejudices behind some claim of a Biblical command to go around "exposing" people by name-calling.

Actually, the Bible exhorts us to “test all things” and to seek discernment.

Paul warned about false teachers and deceivers and he most certainly named names.

17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. - Romans 16:17

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Any activity where one is witnessing they are being controlled by spirit is by God's Word not God's Spirit

1 Cor 14:32

32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
KJV

10 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, I have sent messages to several of the prominent "pastors" in the NAR movement.  Bill Johnson does not deal well with criticism.  he is no fan of discernment, testing all things, or polemics.  he has repeatedly spoken out about all three.

I will ask again:  Isn't the source of the occult satanic?

I have commented on various posts of NAR leaders asking honest questions and lovingly warning people as well. Beni Johnson simply blocks anyone who questions her, regardless of whether or not they do so in a kind way. If you disagree with her at all, you’re blocked. She does not seem to respond to anyone’s questions or concerns if they have an opposing view.

I have also commented on Georgian and Winnie Banov’s Facebook page. I did get a response, but it was nothing more than a clever explaining away of the issues and concerns.

Many have attempted to reach out to these leaders, they will not listen.

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

10 hours ago, Willie T said:

Which one of you has said even one single word to the people you say are wrong?  I would guess, not one of you.  But you have made post after post about them here where no one in their organization or anyone even thinking about them much even hears your words.  It has even been said that theirs is a "doctrine of demons."  Not my words, but a direct quote from one of you.

I have only repeatedly said that is not what Jesus told us to do.  Whether you like it or not, they worship the same God you and I do, and they are brothers and sisters.  Jesus gave us a very explicit path to follow when we feel someone else (another Christian) is wrong.  I will simply ask, are you, or is anyone here, following the path Jesus gave us?

if they are practicing error and will not repent of it... they are not of the same s(S)pirit as we!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Dr. Michael Brown blocks you and then deletes your comments.  When several of us expressed concern when Jen Hatmaker and her husband, Brandon embraced homosexuality and claimed God had no problem with it, her husband deactivated his FB page and then made a new one later on.  Steve Furtick does not like negative posts.  Neither does Bill Johnson.  Greg Locke really doesn't like them.

And yet, those who have in fact tried to contact these leaders are still accused of not going to them privately. This is not a private matter. They have very public ministries and they are very publically leading many many people astray. (And making tons of money in doing so).

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, I have sent messages to several of the prominent "pastors" in the NAR movement.  Bill Johnson does not deal well with criticism.  He is no fan of discernment, testing all things, or polemics.  He has repeatedly spoken out about all three.

I will ask again:  Isn't the source of the occult satanic?

So, then, the honest answer is that you have not contacted him?

9 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Exactly. The prototype of Matthew 18:15-17 is only applicable if the problem is a private one between you and another person.  When it comes to a false teacher, Jesus, Paul, Peter, and others always rebuked them in public and warned others not to have anything to do with them.  That is the biblical prototype.

As an aside, I just found this quote, and it chilled me to the bone.  Full discloser:  Bill Johnson did not write this book, but he contributed to it and one of the women that wrote it, Ellyn Davis is his personal assistant, so Johnson endorses what it says.

"At that time I could not find a single Christian leader who shared a similar interest in finding out if there were truths hidden in the New Age. Now we are beginning to hear more and more revelation that is in line with what New Agers have been saying all along and we are hearing more and more teaching about Christians “taking back truths” from the New Age that really belong to citizens of the Kingdom of God.1—Ellyn Davis, co-author, The Physics of Heaven"

Full article here:  https://thenarrowingpath.com/2014/05/27/the-new-age-propensities-of-bethel-churchs-bill-johnson/

The NAR and the New Age movement are inexorably entwined.  It is difficult to understand why people who should know better run interference for it's luminaries.

Absolutely. I’ve read that quote and others myself. “The Physics of Heaven” is a New Age book and it is available (when last I checked) in Bethel’s online bookstore.

There is no “taking back” things from the New Age, Eastern Mysticism, Gnosticism etc. We are to have nothing to do with “the unfruitful works of darkness.”

• Thumbs Up 1