• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - July 16, 2018

Friend, live like a king!

Revelation 1:5-6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

One day a passerby saw a homeless man on the roadside. He stopped for a moment to hand him some loose change and casually said "God bless you, my friend".
"I thank God," said the homeless man, "I am never unhappy."
"What do you mean?" the passerby asked.
"Well," he said, "when the sun is out, I thank God -- when it rains, I thank God. When I am full, I thank God and when I am hungry, I thank God. And, since God's will is my will, and whatever pleases Him pleases me, why should I say I am unhappy when I am not?"
The man looked at him in astonishment and asked, "Who are you?"
"I am a King," said he.
"Where, then, is your Kingdom?" asked the man.
"In my heart." The homeless man replied.

Yes, we can have nothing, yet have it all. So often, we focus on what we have and forget who we are! The two are not related at all -- what we have (or don't have) has nothing to do with who we are! The Word says that we are kings and priests and so it is!

Friend, let's give all our concerns to the Lord and see ourselves as He does -- Kings and Priests! Thank God in every circumstance and there, we will find our victory.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to put together our Winter Tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
Seized archive shows Iran nuke project was larger than thought, had foreign help
The archive of Iranian nuclear documents seized by the Israeli Mossad from a Tehran warehouse in January shows that Iran’s program to build nuclear weapons 'was almost certainly larger, more sophisticated and better organized' than was suspected, unnamed nuclear experts were quoted as saying in the New York Times on Sunday, after being shown selected documents from the haul by US reporters.
With low expectations, Trump pressured to get tough with Putin on election meddling
President Trump walked into a meeting Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin expecting to get little or nothing out of high-stakes talks, while inviting criticism from Democrats and Republicans back home for his kid-glove treatment of the former KGB officer.
Donald Trump warns Theresa May a soft Brexit will 'kill' any trade deal with the US
Theresa May will come under intense pressure to secure a future trade deal with the United States as she sits down with Donald Trump just hours after he warned that her soft Brexit blueprint would 'kill' Britain’s chances.
The $247 trillion global debt bomb is ticking
The untold story of the world economy is the potentially explosive interaction between the spreading trade war and the overhang of global debt, estimated at a staggering $247 trillion. That’s 'trillion' with a 't.' The numbers are so large as to be almost incomprehensible.
U.S. rejects E.U. requests for exemptions from Iran sanctions
The United States rejected appeals from the European Union to give exemptions to EU countries that would be affected by sanctions on Iran.
Analysis: Iran role in Syria key item at Trump-Putin summit
When President Donald Trump meets Russia's Vladimir Putin on Monday, the Syrian conflict will be one of the most immediately pressing issues on a wide-ranging agenda.
Mission accomplished: Trump says NATO members agree to spend more on defense
President Trump’s bare-knuckles diplomacy agitated NATO allies, but he said it paid off.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
IDF deploys Iron Dome in central Israel, reinforces batteries in the south
The IDF deployed Iron Dome missile defense batteries across central Israel and reinforced the batteries in the south of the country, the military announced Sunday evening.
As dozens of rockets hit Israel, IDF pounds Gaza in heaviest strikes since 2014
Israeli aircraft on Saturday attacked more than 40 targets in the Gaza Strip in the most extensive daytime assault since 2014’s Operation Protective Edge as Palestinian terror groups fired repeated salvos of rockets and mortars into Israel.
Israel said to strike Iran-linked base in northern Syria
Israel on Sunday night attacked a military base near Aleppo in northern Syria, the country’s official news agency SANA reported, citing a military source.
Putin hosts Abbas in Moscow, days after Netanyahu visit
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas was in Moscow on Saturday to meet with Vladimir Putin, just days after the Russian leader hosted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Ancient city gate uncovered in the Galilee may have tie to biblical King David
A 10th century BCE Galilee city gate through which King David may have walked to claim a bride was uncovered by archaeologists at the recently finished 2018 season of the Bethsaida Excavations Project, excavation director Prof. Rami Arav told The Times of Israel.

Inside the United States
DOJ Indicts 12 Russian Officials For Hacking The DNC In 2016
The Department of Justice has indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers for hacking the Democratic National Committee during the 2016 election.
Feds Collect Record Individual Income Taxes Through June; Still Run $607B Deficit
The federal government collected a record $1,305,490,000,000 in individual income taxes through the first nine months of fiscal 2018 (October 2017 through June 2018), according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.
Chicago police release video of shooting that sparked violent protests
Chicago police on Sunday released body camera footage of officers shooting dead a black man as he reached for his concealed handgun, hoping to quell two days of violent and peaceful protests that had branded the incident a case of police brutality.
The Bible remains a 'powerful, transformative tool' in American culture: Poll
The Bible remains a fixture in American culture and lifestyle according to the 'State of the Bible' report, an annual poll conducted by the Barna Group, a California-based research organization, and the American Bible Society.
Families Warn of 'Devastating' Consequences If Adoption Agencies Are Shut Down Over Gay Marriage Beliefs
A number of former foster children who are now helping others find homes through faith-based adoption agencies told a Michigan court on Thursday that there will be 'devastating' consequences if such agencies are shut down over their views on gay marriage.
DC Council Considers Bill That Might Force Pro-Life Clinics to Hire Abortion Providers
Pro-Life activists have expressed concern that a proposed amendment to the District of Columbia's Human Rights Act will force pro-life healthcare centers to hire abortion providers.
Jobless claims plunge to 214,000, lowest since May
New applications for unemployment insurance benefits dropped 18,000 to 214,000 in the first week of July, the Department of Labor reported Thursday.

Christian News
Episcopal Church: Same-sex couples can marry anywhere
The Episcopal Church removed restrictions on same-sex marriage, a move that allows all couples to wed where they worship, even if their bishop disapproves.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA