• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

I could not vote for him,... but  did. After I was called a basket of deplorables by Rodham-Clinton I decided to vote for sure. Till that moment it was going to be the first USA presidential election since 1964 that I did not vote in.

Seems to me that God is using him, making a legitimate leader of President Trump of not only the USA, but around the world too. God will use the foolishness things of this world. So far I see God doing just that in His use of President Donald Trump. If good comes it will not be seen as by Trump, it will be seen either as a miracle of God or a plague from Him, by the saints in Christ and by the unsaved world.

The night and early morning of the election I was at a motel in rural Georgia USA in the middle of a huge forest fire. The motel was full of firefighters, the motel parking lot filled with diesel motored fire fighting trucks idling away. The halls and the room smelled of forest fire smoke and diesel exhaust it was unpleasant but hopeful for the fight was well underway and the fire crews just kept a coming, changing shifts, and fighting the fire. 

Watching the little tv screen in our room and hearing the constant loud chatter coming from the lobby I was startled suddenly by a roar of approval and shouts of pure joy at around 2:00AM. Trump wins! I think it has been that way ever since. Rural America and smaller city America is in joyous celebration, while the bigger city welfare plantation masters and their slaves are reeling from the shock of it.

This election has definitely helped me with lower taxes and with better medical services, already. Housing sales are booming,  jobs are here again, the ability to jump ship from a bad job is here, better salary opportunity awaits anyone that will seek it out by taking a new job.  Persons willing to seek out a new job on average  it is reported are getting a 30% average increase in their own wage earning! It is  a good time to make moves instead of hunkering down and hiding out the way  it has been  for the last eight years of international communism advancing into our own government under the Obama  tyranny forces.

Now we do face the great battle against that very communism, as our political opponents turn even harder into it, and also turn out of their own political party system of support to their less liberal  old timers and seek out pure communists to run for national offices. I have never seen such overt communism being projected, nor so much violence in it's parade of "useful idiots". It is going to get more violent here, perhaps different than but violent as the 1960's ever got.

God is sovereign over all matters big and small, ...His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

I am just so grateful to God that He did not make us suffer that evil woman Rodham-Clinton at this time. May it never be that we do have to suffer that evil. Praise God  in His mercy and for His Grace yet to come.

As to fences and particulars of national politics, I think there is a better way to stop illegal intrusion than by building a new Wall of China along our southern borders. But that is another subject. "Something there is that doesn't like a wall".... From Mending Wall, by Robert Frost. See https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/mending-wall/

May I not live to hear a famous world leader shout, "America tear down this wall!", as our own President Reagan once did at Berlin Germany, his shouting out to the evil that is world communism.

Walls need gates, the ideal is a gate that never closes, and there is not dark of night from which to have to protect a great city (The great city America too). May America strive to emulate the ideal  yet to come at the New Jerusalem, "and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.  They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations."

Edited by Neighbor
removed an extraneous connector preposition "to"
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

39 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I could not vote for him,... but  did. After I was called a basket of deplorables by Rodham-Clinton I decided to vote for sure. Till that moment it was going to be the first USA presidential election since 1964 that I did not vote in.

Seems to me that God is using him, making a legitimate leader of President Trump of not only the USA, but around the world too. God will use the foolishness things of this world. So far I see God doing just that in His use of President Donald Trump. If good comes it will not be seen as by Trump, it will be seen either as a miracle of God or a plague from Him, by the saints in Christ and by the unsaved world.

The night and early morning of the election I was at a motel in rural Georgia USA in the middle of a huge forest fire. The motel was full of firefighters, the motel parking lot filled with diesel motored fire fighting trucks idling away. The halls and the room smelled of forest fire smoke and diesel exhaust it was unpleasant but hopeful for the fight was well underway and the fire crews just kept a coming, changing shifts, and fighting the fire. 

Watching the little tv screen in our room and hearing the constant loud chatter coming from the lobby I was startled suddenly by a roar of approval and shouts of pure joy at around 2:00AM. Trump wins! I think it has been that way ever since. Rural America and smaller city America is in joyous celebration, while the bigger city welfare plantation masters and their slaves are reeling from the shock of it.

This election has definitely helped me with lower taxes and with better medical services, already. Housing sales are booming,  jobs are here again, the ability to jump ship from a bad job is here, better salary opportunity awaits anyone that will seek it out by taking a new job.  Persons willing to seek out a new job on average  it is reported are getting a 30% average increase in their own wage earning! It is  a good time to make moves instead of hunkering down and hiding out the way  it has been  for the last eight years of international communism advancing into our own government under the Obama  tyranny forces.

Now we do face the great battle against that very communism, as our political opponents turn even harder into it, and also turn out of their own political party system of support to their less liberal  old timers and seek out pure communists to run for national offices. I have never seen such overt communism being projected, nor so much violence in it's parade of "useful idiots". It is going to get more violent here, perhaps different than but violent as the 1960's ever got.

God is sovereign over all matters big and small, ...His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

I am just so grateful to God that He did not make us suffer that evil woman Rodham-Clinton at this time. May it never be that we do have to suffer that evil. Praise God  in His mercy and for His Grace yet to come.

As to fences and particulars of national politics, I think there is a better way to stop illegal intrusion than by building a new Wall of China along our southern borders. But that is another subject. "Something there is that doesn't like a wall".... From Mending Wall, by Robert Frost. See https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/mending-wall/

May I not live to hear a famous world leader shout, "America tear down this wall!", as our own President Reagan once did at Berlin Germany, his shouting out to the evil that is world communism.

Walls need gates, the ideal is a gate that never closes, and there is not dark of night from which to have to protect a great city (The great city America too). May America strive to emulate the ideal to yet to come at the New Jerusalem, "and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there.  They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations."

Thank you for your insightful reply Neighbour. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Thank you for your insightful reply Neighbour. 

Hi I appreciate the use of u as in British or Canadian English rather than American English! Yet a Neighbo-u-r by any spelling is still a source of a cup of sugar and a glass of tea. Plus an extension of home on days of rest where a cup may be kept extending the acceptable legal range of travel on the sabbath days.

(A little obtuse personal humor)

May many feel free to leave a cup at the sink counter that we might all exchange a word and enjoy a wider range of travel for our thoughts.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Honestly, I was kind of backing Bush until the NSA issue came up. Shameful of me, I know.

Trump has done a fine job, a great job as president. His character has little to do with his ability to run the office. I may not be very fond of him, but I don't take much issue with him either.

It still amazes me that many people remember Obama fondly. George tried to get the economy back up by pumping money into it, which has never worked. Not to mention all the disaster and strife present during his presidency; war, hurricane, terrorism, etc... Then Obama gets in and he spends well over twice as much as Bush did and all he did was put in place policies that did nothing more than levy on the people more heavily. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

In all honesty, I took an instant dislike to the man Trump, when I first saw him on his TV show The Celebrity Apprentice. His hairdo reminded me of a used car salesman. When I voted, it was not for Trump, but against the evil ticket. But giving the man a chance, he has shown his mettle. I pray for him and his crew, and breathe much easier with his victory. I enjoy how he can so easily frustrate the liberal loonies. I believe his heart is for his country, and not influenced by any political favors/pressure owed.
The wall built in eastern Germany was to keep the people from escaping an evil control. The wall Trump will build will keep/filter the evil from entering. Big difference. I seem to remember something in the bible about the watchman on the 'wall' and the 'gate' and; 
Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
There would be no gate, without a wall.

"Judge a man by the reputation of his enemies."
"A man with no enemies is a man with no character."

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

I cannot stomach TV news, but it gives me pleasure to see Trumps enemies, and the crybabies/whiners, pulling out their hair.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

I believe strongly in the need of security. I  just do not believe any physical wall will do the job. You can't wall in Florida as example, but you can make it impossible for an illegal alien to flourish here if you have a mind to. Provide  no welfare, no food, no water, no schools, no jobs, no nothing, for illegal aliens, except for their own   forced hard labor to pay  for their own deportation.

Reopen Ellis Island, build many new Ellis Islands. Interview, interrogate, delouse, check for diseases like polio, TB, veneral diseases, parasites, check for criminal record, check for ability to become self sufficient. Force any sponsor to put up substantial financial bond. It all can be done, but there needs to be the will.

Then welcome without condition all that meet the standards and all that do want to chance making it at the USA by their own grit and determination. Never hold their legal alien status against them, instead welcome and encourage their becoming citizens with full citizen privilege and responsibility.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

As someone who sees people coming into ‘our’ country, fleeing the US and what Trump threatens..I must admit that the old expression..’fences good neighbors make’ is pertinent. 

I believe that Trump is not the same man spiritually that he was when he came to the presidency. God has placed the right people in his path to mentor and instruct. God is using him to set the stage ( in many respects) for the next phase of prophecy.... before our eyes. I wonder if this would have happened with Hillary.

Edited by Littlelambseativy
  • Thumbs Up 2