• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

WHOA! Save all your medical expense recipes!!! Save all your recipes for all your past deductions.They are not eliminated. What has happened is standard deductions  have gone up so it is not necessary to claim them in many situations. But keep them. Ask your own tax preparer!!!  If nothing else see AARP's advice on that subject. I may be wrong butI think that along with the increase in standard deduction anything exceeding 7.5% of income spent for medical expenses out of pocket is additionally deductible. But check it out for yourself.

Thank you, Neighbor.  I might have enough deductions this year due to a surgery.  It would be helpful if we could see the new forms as a preview and could know for sure what we can claim.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

Even if its not deductible on the federal form, it is still on the state form for my state, and likely other states as well. So save those receipts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

46 minutes ago, Willa said:

Thank you, Neighbor.  I might have enough deductions this year due to a surgery.  It would be helpful if we could see the new forms as a preview and could know for sure what we can claim.

Hi, I just noticed- make that save those receipts, not save those recipes. LOL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

I do not hold a high opinion of the man and did not vote for him myself though I hold no illusions that Clinton was better. Evil in different ways imo. I think the only loyalty he truly holds is to whatever party gives him the most praise and fattens his bank account. His lack of care in speech is alarming (read Jesus's views on how important our language is and how key it is to being a Godly man or woman), he is wrathful and petty, has no self control, and not many years ago he spouted the same views as liberals (pro abortion for example).  He is also a seriel adulterer who said he does not need to be forgiven for it (if you won't repent for your sins you can't be a Godly person). He saw an opportunity and capatalised it. To me his is a false prophet and that is more disgusting than a secular liberal, at least they don't claim to speak for God. It angers me as a Christian for someone who claims to wear the banner of God and then acts completely contrary to Biblical teachings. That said I am NOT saying pro Trump people are bad btw, this is not an attack on those who voted for him. My parents for example support him,and they are great people who have always done their best for me. That said, that does nothing to shade my opinion on Trump, I call them as I see them.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Donald Trump wants to make America great again. Enough said!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Mozart's Starling said:

I do not hold a high opinion of the man and did not vote for him myself though I hold no illusions that Clinton was better. Evil in different ways imo. I think the only loyalty he truly holds is to whatever party gives him the most praise and fattens his bank account. His lack of care in speech is alarming (read Jesus's views on how important our language is and how key it is to being a Godly man or woman), he is wrathful and petty, has no self control, and not many years ago he spouted the same views as liberals (pro abortion for example).  He is also a seriel adulterer who said he does not need to be forgiven for it (if you won't repent for your sins you can't be a Godly person). He saw an opportunity and capatalised it. To me his is a false prophet and that is more disgusting than a secular liberal, at least they don't claim to speak for God. It angers me as a Christian for someone who claims to wear the banner of God and then acts completely contrary to Biblical teachings. That said I am NOT saying pro Trump people are bad btw, this is not an attack on those who voted for him. My parents for example support him,and they are great people who have always done their best for me. That said, that does nothing to shade my opinion on Trump, I call them as I see them.

When did Donald Trump ever claim to speak for God?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, ambc said:

Donald Trump wants to make America great again.

Maybe... as long as he can profit from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, other one said:

When did Donald Trump ever claim to speak for God?

Fair enough, he never claimed to be a prophet or claimed to speak for God, but I fear there are too many Christians that excuse or overlook the things like the lying, bigotry, pettiness, impulsiveness, misogyny, adultery, etc. because he is on their "side". Donald Trump has exhibited very little care for anyone but himself and the profits he is gathering.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, one.opinion said:

Fair enough, he never claimed to be a prophet or claimed to speak for God, but I fear there are too many Christians that excuse or overlook the things like the lying, bigotry, pettiness, impulsiveness, misogyny, adultery, etc. because he is on their "side". Donald Trump has exhibited very little care for anyone but himself and the profits he is gathering.

King David was an adulterous murderer.  Moses was a murderer. Gideon was a coward, Noah was a drunk who slept in the nude, Abraham let other men walk off with his wife on two occasions not telling them she was his wife, Sarah let Abraham sleep with another woman then hated her for it, Isaac lied about Rebecca being his wife out of fear.

The people God uses for his workings does not have to be a perfect Christian.....   nor does someone who professes Christ have to live by your ideas....    and I certainly hope you are not holding things the President did prior to him really coming to Jesus against him....

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, other one said:

King David was an adulterous murderer.  Moses was a murderer. Gideon was a coward, Noah was a drunk who slept in the nude, Abraham let other men walk off with his wife on two occasions not telling them she was his wife, Sarah let Abraham sleep with another woman then hated her for it, Isaac lied about Rebecca being his wife out of fear.

These people repented and followed God. President Trump does not. This is what he said in an interview in 2016:

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

10 minutes ago, other one said:

and I certainly hope you are not holding things the President did prior to him really coming to Jesus against him.... 

If he authentically came to Jesus, that is certainly news to me. What would you use as evidence of his coming to Jesus?

• Thumbs Up 1