• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Just now, one.opinion said:

These people repented and followed God. President Trump does not. This is what he said in an interview in 2016:

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

If he authentically came to Jesus, that is certainly news to me. What would you use as evidence of his coming to Jesus?

You should stop watching CNN and maybe try CBN to keep up with the spiritual things going on within the White House, and with the President...…    And remember, he is not our Pastor, he is our President...     don't expect him to be a pastor in that position.   He is dealing with the darkest powers on earth and he is only human so give him a break.....   and pray for him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, other one said:

don't expect him to be a pastor in that position.

I don't expect a pastor, but someone that consistently acts according to Christian values would be nice.

12 minutes ago, other one said:

He is dealing with the darkest powers on earth and he is only human so give him a break.....   and pray for him.

Definitely true. I should pray more for the leader of our nation.

I'm still really curious about what you said earlier about him coming to Jesus. Like I said, I have seen no evidence of it. Could you share that evidence with me?

Edited by one.opinion

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

15 minutes ago, other one said:

You should stop watching CNN and maybe try CBN to keep up with the spiritual things going on within the White House, and with the President...…    And remember, he is not our Pastor, he is our President...     don't expect him to be a pastor in that position.   He is dealing with the darkest powers on earth and he is only human so give him a break.....   and pray for him.

You either promote Godly behavior or you don't, and Trump in his current state fails to do this. A massive part of Christianity is humility and repetance. 2 traits which Trump has never demonstrated, and if you're going to attack others for sinly lifestyles (like homosexuality) you can't just pick and choose. All sin is an abomination to God. So attack it all and condemn it. Not give out free passes because someone is, as you seem to imply, too important to be concerned with the consequences of their behavior. "By your fruits you shall know them." Straight from the Bible there, and all I see from Trump is chaos, hedonism, a love of money, and most key here, a complete lack of repentance. You cannot be a Christian and refuse to lay your sins bare to God. All there is too it. We should demand more from our leaders not less.

Edited by Mozart's Starling

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

What matter who is President? Name one President who did not sin, and especially lie? Does not God appoint our leaders? All this bickering about who does what and who is better is none sense. All politicians and lawyers and judges are double minded. They serve God's purposes, not our own preferences.

Object all you want, but ultimately you are objecting to God's will by professing your own. And to what end? These back and forth debates about politicians, government, and current national  policy go on and on until a moderator has to shut them down!:laugh:

What is the point?

Cheers!:amen:

Edited by RockyMidnight

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, other one said:

King David was an adulterous murderer.  Moses was a murderer. Gideon was a coward, Noah was a drunk who slept in the nude, Abraham let other men walk off with his wife on two occasions not telling them she was his wife, Sarah let Abraham sleep with another woman then hated her for it, Isaac lied about Rebecca being his wife out of fear.

The people God uses for his workings does not have to be a perfect Christian.....   nor does someone who professes Christ have to live by your ideas....    and I certainly hope you are not holding things the President did prior to him really coming to Jesus against him....

Paul was a murderer too. And yet he wrote many of the books in the new testament and was a major factor in the growth of the early church.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, one.opinion said:

These people repented and followed God. President Trump does not. This is what he said in an interview in 2016:

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

If he authentically came to Jesus, that is certainly news to me. What would you use as evidence of his coming to Jesus?

https://www.newsmax.com/bethanyblankley/faith-donald-trump-book-review/2018/03/01/id/846269/

Plus many testimonials from pastors about his faith, as well as things he himself has said and done regarding faith. More recently than the 2016 article you posted. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

55 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Several problems with your post.  Since Trump's state of salvation is unclear, except between him and God, it is somewhat foolish, and disingenuous, to expect him to act like a Christian.  He is not expected or required to behave up to your expectations if he is not actually a believer.  And I say this as someone who did not vote for him and did not support him. No one here is required to lay the sins of Trump before God.  Only our own.  Trump is responsible to God for his sins, not me and not you.  Obama repeatedly said that he was a Christian as well.  Did you hold our past president to the same standard you are holding Trump to?

Not quite sure what you're saying here no disrespect meant. If you're saying he isn't a Christian so why expect him to act like one....then you agree with me as it stands he clearly is not? Cause that has been my entire point. He isn't a Christian. As a Christian I believe the teachings of Jesus are the most beneficial to the world. Sin leads the way to death and destruction. This is a sinful and unrepetant man, and again it is the 2nd part that is really the issue (because we all sin, and any sin unrepented leads to destruction, so don't take this as me saying I am a paragon or anything, I am not). Pride is very dangerous especially when misplaced and that is really all Trump has. With certain people it gets a bit silly to drop the "you don't know his relationship with God" arguement. Again, "By their fruits you shall know them". God gave us the ability to spot decievers and evil people and though I doubt you intend to, you only aid them when you cast unreasonable doubt on their critics. Trump's issues have been well documented, verified, and we are reminded of them every day with words from his own mouth via Twitter. Not a lot of guess work left with the man at this point. Doesn't mean God isn't using him. God is God. Everything serves his plan. Doesn't mean we cheer on bad people because they have their role to play now does it? I find it funny that a key critcism from the right of the left is Godlessness when the right is totally cool backing people who clearly don't believe in God either. Also, I am critical of every leader. You'd be insane not to be when they're the ones running the country.

Edited by Mozart's Starling
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

20 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Franklin Graham very carefully says that Trump is defending the Christian faith. He did not say that he is a follower of Christ. I see no evidence in his words or his deeds that he is a follower of Christ.

Edit - I will admit that he has defended Christian liberty and is choosing SCOTUS judges that are followers of Christ. That is definitely good. But again, that does not make him a Christian.

Edited by one.opinion
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

31 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Franklin Graham very carefully says that Trump is defending the Christian faith. He did not say that he is a follower of Christ. I see no evidence in his words or his deeds that he is a follower of Christ.

Edit - I will admit that he has defended Christian liberty and is choosing SCOTUS judges that are followers of Christ. That is definitely good. But again, that does not make him a Christian.

I find it very bothersome that you take up the authority of deciding who is and isn't a Christian....

• Thumbs Up 2