• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

7 hours ago, Mozart's Starling said:

There we have it, the ole "fake news" mantra. Look, Trump is a very high profile person who is filmed constantly (both because he is the President and because he does everything he can to garner attention) and directly communicates with the people on his own account 100% on his own. Even if you disregard all news that isn't favorable to your candidate (a wildly irresponsible practice imo) , his own words betray him for what he is. He is impulsive, I know because any slight against him is met by a retort by himself. I know he is rude and dismissive, constantly refers to his critics as "low IQ people" (again his own words). I know he is an adulterer due to the whole 3 marriage thing and at least one was because of......him cheating. I know he is a liar because you can find plenty of non CNN sources (seriously the amount of info certain Trump voters choose to ignore on him is staggering, there are PLENTY of sources outside of CNN that call him out) stating that as well. I know he is unrepentant because I have seen the video of him outright saying that. I know he likes "strong" authority figures because he will barely say a word against Putin an ex KGB agent of all people.  Look I am not interested in tribalism. My highest loyalty is to God and his laws and that transcends politics. You won't be able to goad me into an us vs them team game during my stay here, so you'll have to do better than "fake news". I critcize everyone I think deserving of it left or right. Evil dresses up in all forms. It ain't just the blues you should be worried about.

I tend to look at his policies and his implementation of them and the results they have, then the persons character. Many previous Presidents have been part of the globalist movement that wants to bring down America by undermining it Constitution. They nearly succeeded with Hillary Clinton. Obama lit up the white house with rainbow colors after gay marriage was legalized. Imagine the impact of that for America going forward and while it remains will bring a curse on the land.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Debp said:

I see a change in President Trump in the last several weeks or more.    People grow spiritually at different rates of speed and we need to allow time for that.   I am glad he has a Christian as his VP and apparently some other Christians on his staff.... VP Mike Pence is probably giving the President some spiritual insights when possible.  Also, it's good to hear the President is getting some spiritual counsel from some pastors...this will also help him grow as a Christian.

I will uphold him not only because he is our President, but I think we should encourage others in the faith.   Just imagine if people would doubt our faith and attack us....instead of trying to help us to grow spiritually.

What a lot of "never-Trump" Christians overlook is Trump's pro-Christian, pro-religious liberty posture.  He wants to reverse the social ban on saying "Merry Christmas."  After his election and during both Christmas seasons in 2016 and 2017, I heard sales people say "Merry Christmas" far more often than they did when Obama was president.  Employers in my neck of the woods are now allowing true Christmas expressions instead of only allowing generic "winter holiday" greetings.   Trump supports Christians and religious liberty for Christians.    People are glad they don't have to tiptoe around the Muslims anymore and live under the thumb of the insane hair-trigger, knee-jerk reactions that Muslims have when they hear people expressing constitutionally protected, free, non-Muslim religious expression.

In one of his early rallies when he went on his thank you tour, his wife opened the rally with the Lord's Prayer, something you would NEVER have heard from any person in the White House on any occasion if Hillary had gotten in. 

Lot's of people are praying for Trump and praying for his success.  

Trump isn't an angel, but he is far better than what we have had in the previous three administrations.    He has kept His word, and is fulfilling his promises in  way that no  president in recent memory has ever done. 

And as far as character goes, his children are a pretty good indicator of just how good of a man president Trump is.  He instilled them with values and work ethic.   And unlike the children of other wealthy people, Trump's kids are not on drugs, and are not in and out of prison and living in outright rebellion.  They are decent people.   And his children and they way the turned out, speaks well of him.  

• Group:  Members

2 hours ago, n2thelight said:

ll False statements involving Donald Trump

False

Crime is lowest in 30 years

False

She did not specify MS-13

False

He said the target was Russia, not the campaign

Well this is lightweight compared to what Obama did. He lit up the Whitehouse in rainbow colors to celebrate same sex marriage. This my friend put a very big nail in the coffin for Amercia and a curse upon it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Well this is lightweight compared to what Obama did. He lit up the Whitehouse in rainbow colors to celebrate same sex marriage. This my friend put a very big nail in the coffin for Amercia and a curse upon it.

LOL, yeah the "Christian" people on the Left who are so morally vexed because Trump isn't a shining example of a Christian never seemed to find their voice at the kind of immorality and abominations that Obama threw his full support behind.

Guest shiloh357
24 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Here is what Paul wrote about people like President Trump. 

"I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one."  (1 Corinthians 5:11) 

When Paul says do not associate with, or do not eat with, I would take it a step further and say do not support or vote for such a person. Why? Because who we support reflects on who we are. Yes, Trump supports many of things that we as believers support, but his blatant disregard for the teachings of Christ and his immoral behavior over shadows all of that in my opinion.  

That appeared in the context of a congregational setting.  Paul was talking to a church that was allowing an incestual relationship take place in their midst.  You are ripping that out of the immediate context.  Jesus associated with all kinds of sinners and immoral people on a regular basis and was known to eat with them which is an important aspect of fellowship and hospitality in the ancient near east. 

I will also say that we vote for immoral people all of the time.  Every Congress person in DC has some kind of scandal going on and we pretty much know it.   We just turn a blind eye to how the sausage is made in the halls of Congress and the gross moral failings of all of our elected officials on both sides, so this fake moral outrage about Trump is pretty hollow. 

And if you are going to support the CATC even though it is rife with anti-Semitism and bigotry, you cannot be morally consistent with your position on Trump.

• Group:  Members

10 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

Here is what Paul wrote about people like President Trump. 

"I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one."  (1 Corinthians 5:11) 

When Paul says do not associate with, or do not eat with, I would take it a step further and say do not support or vote for such a person. Why? Because who we support reflects on who we are. Yes, Trump supports many of things that we as believers support, but his blatant disregard for the teachings of Christ and his immoral behavior over shadows all of that in my opinion.  

We are told that the god of this world rules the kingdoms of this world. That is plain to see. The question remains, if we have a choice to vote, do we vote and if so, who do we vote for.

It would appear that the policies that Trump has enacted and wants to implement is good for America. Surely that in itself is worth a vote. It is not the solution as Christ is the only solution to this world. Yet we live in the world and so why not support those who want to make it a better place to live in, while we sojourn here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest shiloh357

Here is an interesting article written by Trump from Snopes.com of all places and it pretty much puts the most common lies about Trump to bed

It might take a while to get approved since it is in the politics section.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Really?  'Cause  the evidence would say otherwise.   He is taking a $1 salary as president and donating it to charity.   Hardly the actions of someone looking for a profit.  In fact, anyone looking for a profit would not have undergone the harassment, hatefulness and threats this president has been subjected to from YOUR side of the socio-political spectrum.

He has sacrificed a lot to be president and his brand is ruined.  When he gets out of office and no is no longer under shield of massive levels of security, it will open seasons on him.   He is pretty much destroyed in terms of the kind of wealth and connections he used to have.   

The same goes for his family.  Once they are back to being private citizens, all of the wealthy connections and popularity they once had will be gone.  Their father's name will no longer be any good in the circles they used to run in.  

Are you aware that by not divesting himself of his financial interests, that he is lining his wallet with every visit to his resorts and hotels? He may be giving up his salary, but he is making money hand over fist during his presidency. His "handing over the reigns" of his business interests to his children hardly mean that he is giving up profit.

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

In fact, anyone looking for a profit would not have undergone the harassment, hatefulness and threats this president has been subjected to from YOUR side of the socio-political spectrum.

A reminder - I am a registered republican. I did not vote for Trump, and I did not vote for Clinton. Out of the two, Trump might very well be the better choice. But it is just silly to suggest that he isn't in this for himself - his ego, and his wallet. I think he does have a patriotic spirit, but he has always been about looking out for himself first, with others (including the country) as a distant second.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-03-05/how-is-donald-trump-profiting-from-the-presidency-let-us-count-the-ways

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

there is a video on youtube titled the speech that made trump president.  how long has it been since we had a president that stood for those things?  

I also did a search for Trump being saved and this is what I found:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/politics/a-born-again-donald-trump-believe-it-evangelical-leader-says.html

Also, If you read the article... I listen to focus on the family on the radio, its very good.  Highly recommend it. 

That's supportive, but I'd really like to see Trump himself profess Jesus Christ rather than others (even James Dobson!) "believing" that he has done so. His words and deeds still suggest otherwise.

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Who are we to judge if Trump is born again? With the same manner we judge are we not judged? Do we really know his relationship with Christ or are we looking through our own prejudicial glasses? God knows his heart and mind. We see the outward appearance presented by biased media...is that who we trust?

Edited by Littlelambseativy
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1