• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I have reported this post as well.  You know this is a violation of the T.O.S.

It is not yours, or our bally-wick to go around trying to figure out who is a Christian and who is not.  All we can do is point out behavior and fruit.

I agree we are to expose the fruit .   So you saying I have to identify the pope as a christain , I cannot say he is not .

Ponder on this for a moment .   How welcome would many who were part of the orginal reformation Be .  I mean not only did they not consider the pope Christian,

Cobalt they identified them as anti Christs .   Anti Christ sure does not sound christain to me .  I understand that we should not blatently accuse one another of not being christain .

In case ayin don't get back to me ,  what is a troll .   I may as well know the word I got accused of calling someone .   Politics people will defend to their end .

I truly wish we all defended the truth with the passion I see some defend Obama or trump .    This is not to be mean , its just on political threads it seems strifes break out

all the time .   I also notice something .   Politics seems to bond some people together faster than anything .    Truly I should have thought better and skipped over this post .

Politics I have no taste for ,  and truly I PRAY TO GOD above  I never do .   Be blessed  and let us praise the Lord .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Thanks Shiloh .    It is well past time for me to leave .   The last thing I wanted was strife .  But political threads seems to always bring it with people . 

And its just depressing .    So I bid you all , farewell on that note .   

Guest shiloh357

One other thing to point about Donald Trump relative to the slanderous charge leveled against him in this thread that he is a bigot...  

Donald Trump bought and eventually opened up Mar-a-lago in 1985. Until that time, there were no racially integrated clubs in Palm Beach.  When Trump opened up Mar-a-lago, clubs like the Everglades and the Bath & Tennis Club were "WASP" only clubs.  One other club called "The Country Club"  did allow Jews, but Trump's Mar-a-lago was opened up to everyone regardless of race/ethnicity/religion.   You still have to have money to join, but the club is the first in Palm Beach  to be racially integrated.   And that was what Trump wanted.   

Furthermore, the fact that Donald Trump as a Jewish son-in-law and a Jewish daughter-in-law and that he gave his blessing to his daughter to convert to Judaism, also works against the slanderous charge that  he is a bigot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

This pre-occupation with smearing him (under the assumption he is a Christian)  is what people HAVE to resort to, because they lose the debate on policy issues.   They have to find other things to smear him about because the economy is booming and taxes are lower and he is governing like a conservative for the most part.  

I think there is still a LOT of room for debate about his policies. I think why so many point out his lack of Christian characteristics is because so many conservative Christians support him unquestioningly.

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Look at how his kids turned out.  They are not  like the children of other wealthy people who are on drugs or in and out of prison and other scandalous things.

Comparing his children to the children of all other “wealthy people” and implying that they are all in prison or addicted to drugs is exactly the type of mischaracterization the President is consistently (and correctly) criticized for.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

CNN fodder....   when all you look to find about someone is the most negative and never any positive, you get a false sense of what a person is....      Watch Aljazeera at least for some balanced news.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I think there is still a LOT of room for debate about his policies.

Yeah, lowering unemployment across every demographic, cutting taxes so Americans can keep more of what they make, cutting regulations and freeing up business owners to expand and hire more people, keeping us safer and more prosperous and protecting religious liberties.   I guess to a liberal, those would be questionable policies.

I think why so many point out his lack of Christian characteristics is because so many conservative Christians support him unquestioningly.

Yes, and liberal Christians treated Obama like he was a messiah even though he stands for everything that is anti-Christian and goes against Scripture.   And if one were challenge that, one was referred to as a racist.

We don't support the president unquestioningly. That's just the perspective from the side that lost.

Comparing his children to the children of all other “wealthy people” and implying that they are all in prison or addicted to drugs is exactly the type of mischaracterization the President is consistently (and correctly) criticized for.

No, it is accurate and stories abound about spoiled rich kids of celebrities who were/are constantly embroiled in personal scandals, in and out of jail, or drug rehab and so forth.   Then you have nut-job escapades of the Kardashians and Paris Hilton and so on.  It is well known that kids who are raised to be well-adjusted, normal and successful adults always reflects well on their parents (unless that parent is Donald Trump).

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

lowering unemployment across every demographic

Trump deserves credit, but for continuing a trend. The unemployment rate was dropping long before he came into office.

cutting taxes so Americans can keep more of what they make

Hey, I like tax cuts. But it is estimated that there will be a $1 trillion deficit in 2019. I might give up some of my tax cut to ensure future generations might have a more secure financial future.

cutting regulations and freeing up business owners

I'm not a financial expert - not even close. But returning economic regulation levels to where they were at the time of the latest financial crisis that was felt across the world seems potentially dangerous.

keeping us safer

What am I safer from now than I was 2 years ago? Random shootings? Trump initially had some harsh words regarding gun control before the NRA convinced him otherwise.

protecting religious liberties

I agree with you here. He has stood up strongly for Christian religious liberties. If I were of a different religion, I would probably disagree. I also appreciate his selections for SCOTUS.

We don't support the president unquestioningly.

There are a great many that do. It isn't accurate to say "we" and assume that your position is true for all conservative Christians. Additionally, when was the last time you started a critical thread regarding the current President? I've seen several critical of the previous one. I can assure you that opportunities for measured criticism are abundant.

No, it is accurate and stories abound about spoiled rich kids of celebrities who were/are constantly embroiled in personal scandals, in and out of jail, or drug rehab and so forth.   Then you have nut-job escapades of the Kardashians and Paris Hilton and so on.

Of course there are examples, but how confident are you that your perception from two families can be fairly and accurately applied to the entire group of "children of wealthy families"? If someone were to use a couple of examples of white supremacists to say that all white people are racist, you would have a very strong reaction. While it may be true that there is a pervasive sense of entitlement among the demographic, holding up the Trump children as the exception and, by extension, Donald Trump as a great parent, is patently unfair to a high percentage of "children of wealthy families" that turned out just fine.

I guess to a liberal, those would be questionable policies. 

Maybe, do you know any we could ask?

Guest shiloh357
27 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Trump deserves credit, but for continuing a trend. The unemployment rate was dropping long before he came into office.

Not if you looked at the real unemployment numbers which includes people not even looking for, or applying for jobs.

Of course there are examples, but how confident are you that your perception from two families can be fairly and accurately applied to the entire group of "children of wealthy families"?

Give me a break.  I am not applying it to the entire group.  But fact stands that there are a lot of stories out there of rich, entitled kids who really did act pretty rotten and got into high-profile trouble and repeatedly in some cases.     The actual point is that Trump's kids did not fall into that, none of them did. And they have all turned out pretty good by any standard of measure.  And that speaks well of Trump and how he raised them.

There are a great many that do. It isn't accurate to say "we" and assume that your position is true for all conservative Christians. Additionally, when was the last time you started a critical thread regarding the current President? I've seen several critical of the previous one. I can assure you that opportunities for measured criticism are abundant.

I have criticized the president and so many others, some because of the way he handled 2nd amendment and some others because he is considering raising the gas tax instead of making the government spend their money more wisely when it comes to infrastructure.  

I agree with you here. He has stood up strongly for Christian religious liberties. If I were of a different religion, I would probably disagree.

He has had NO policy that infringes on rights of any other religion in the US.

Trump initially had some harsh words regarding gun control before the NRA convinced him otherwise.

That's because gun control doesn't work and none of the mass shooters that put people in danger were ever NRA members. 

What am I safer from now than I was 2 years ago?

As a country we are safer from a nuclear threat from rogue nations like Iran, North Korea.  

Hey, I like tax cuts. But it is estimated that there will be a $1 trillion deficit in 2019. I might give up some of my tax cut to ensure future generations might have a more secure financial future.

Over time, when you have more people working and starting businesses, and you lower taxes, you have more people shouldering the tax burden and a higher amount of revenue.    The problem with deficits is not how much taxes are coming in, but how the money is spent.   We don't have a revenue problem as much as we have a spending problem. 

I'm not a financial expert - not even close. But returning economic regulation levels to where they were at the time of the latest financial crisis that was felt across the world seems potentially dangerous.

The regulations that were so excessive were the ones on small businesses, which is what most businesses are in America.  We are not talking about regulations regarding clean water and air pollutions and stuff like that.    All businesses are under regulations, but for a while the regulations got so cumbersome that it was really not financially feasible to start a business. http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2016/05/17/Crushing-Cost-Regulation-4-Trillion-1980

Small business end up spending more money on trying to meet government restrictions and less on what actually makes their business profitable. That is what Trump wants to correct. 

• Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

One other thing to point about Donald Trump relative to the slanderous charge leveled against him in this thread that he is a bigot...  

Donald Trump bought and eventually opened up Mar-a-lago in 1985. Until that time, there were no racially integrated clubs in Palm Beach.  When Trump opened up Mar-a-lago, clubs like the Everglades and the Bath & Tennis Club were "WASP" only clubs.  One other club called "The Country Club"  did allow Jews, but Trump's Mar-a-lago was opened up to everyone regardless of race/ethnicity/religion.   You still have to have money to join, but the club is the first in Palm Beach  to be racially integrated.   And that was what Trump wanted.   

Furthermore, the fact that Donald Trump as a Jewish son-in-law and a Jewish daughter-in-law and that he gave his blessing to his daughter to convert to Judaism, also works against the slanderous charge that  he is a bigot.

In order to learn about any subject in the news one cannot just listen to the most letter stations for your information. Read books, mags, and listen to those who know. Discern the truth. Don’t just accept the main news networks ...they have an agenda other than the truth. The truth is something that speaks to you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:28 AM, Blue1Sapphire said:

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

During the Republican Primary, there was a test on the Internet as to which candidate you agreed with most.  I was 97% in line with Trump's agenda even though there were two candidates I preferred to him.  So far, I agree with him 100%.  I don't mind his tweets at all because it's a way for him to bypass the bias media.  I like that he wants NATO to pay their share, that he sees Russia and China as competitors, not enemies.  That he doesn't want to get involved in more wars that accomplish nothing of value.  That he wants peace with North Korea for the benefit of all Koreans, the Japanese, Samoans, and others.  I am glad he didn't listen to the Republican Bigwigs and did things his way.  We are in the best shape this country has been in all my 68+ years.  I also like his court appointments, Supreme and Federal.  He may not be a Christian, but he has a lot of Christians (including his VP Pence) behind him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1