• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

5 hours ago, JTC said:

About 20 yrs I came to believe that no one dies unless God allows it. I know that can be hard to see but I think it's true. So I guess it was Linda's time to go. I'm starting to get used to her being gone, but she was a good friend even though I only knew her 2 weeks. I have to get past this so I gave up trying to learn how she died.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I certainly need online friends since I have none in person. I'll be posting again soon.

You are welcome, JTC.   I'm all out of likes for now...used my quota, so just want you to know I read your post.  Take care and God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I live in a strange little neighborhood, I think I've implied that before. My friend who died was a little odd but it probably had to do with the fact that she had some kind of brain surgery. However, I always try to accept people as they are because I've had plenty of tough times in my life. But most people are not like me and now that Linda is gone I seem to be getting odd reactions from others around here because I friended her. It seems several people don't like that I considered her a friend, even though it was only 2 weeks. Strange. Or am I having anxiety attacks because I thought I had someone to hang out with and now I'm alone again. I feel worse than before I met her. I hope I can meet someone else soon because the loneliness is effecting me worse than it used to.

I thought other people down here would miss Linda also and that it wouldn't be just me. But that doesn't seem to be what happened.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, JTC said:

Steven, there are no churches around here.This is not an area where many people believe in God, at least not the way we do. There are several Catholic churches but that's it. I should have tried harder to move when I still had a car and could get around. But I was working a lot back then and didn't feel like apt. hunting.

I thought Linda was an answer to prayer. I just want a friend and she said that was what she wanted too. We were both in our late 60's so things are different at this age. I'm just tired of being alone and for 2 weeks I didn't think I'd be so alone anymore. Even Linda found it hard to believe I've been alone 17 yrs but I have.

I still haven't been able to find out how she died. I know her health wasn't great neither but I don't know what issues she had. I didn't know her well enough yet. It just was nice to know I had someone to speak to every couple of days. That's gone now and I'm sad. It's going to take awhile for this to pass. Too many people have died in the last 17 yrs. I wish God would take me but for some unknown reason He wants me here.

Praying you'll find a family group of believers!

15 hours ago, JTC said:

I live in a strange little neighborhood, I think I've implied that before. My friend who died was a little odd but it probably had to do with the fact that she had some kind of brain surgery. However, I always try to accept people as they are because I've had plenty of tough times in my life. But most people are not like me and now that Linda is gone I seem to be getting odd reactions from others around here because I friended her. It seems several people don't like that I considered her a friend, even though it was only 2 weeks. Strange. Or am I having anxiety attacks because I thought I had someone to hang out with and now I'm alone again. I feel worse than before I met her. I hope I can meet someone else soon because the loneliness is effecting me worse than it used to.

I thought other people down here would miss Linda also and that it wouldn't be just me. But that doesn't seem to be what happened.

JTC, people can sometimes be a bit strange.... I'm speaking of the neighbors who don't seem to like that you befriended Linda.   You just have to realize that, and with God's help, try not to concern yourself with what they think of you or Linda.

Just remember that you did the right, compassionate thing by becoming a friend to Linda.   You reached out in Christian love to her, your neighbor, as Jesus taught us.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/16/2018 at 2:26 PM, JTC said:

I don't have anyone else to talk to about this so I made this post. 

@JTC this is part of the reason Paul exhorts is to be part of a church community,  so we can specifically avoid being isolated from the rest of the Body of Christ. 

Please make a point of being connected to a local cell/ or home church or community church. You will quickly have wads of opportunity to connect with people and make like-minded friends. 

Churches also often have programs for singles, older folks or people who need additional support. And they're all part of our family, and they only don't know you're there and need them. Reach out and connect with your true family. 

Edit: I noted your comment about churches in your area, if you message me with where you are - I can put my cyberskills to use and see what opportunities I can find you in your area...

Edited by Angelfishie

12 hours ago, Angelfishie said:

@JTC this is part of the reason Paul exhorts is to be part of a church community,  so we can specifically avoid being isolated from the rest of the Body of Christ. 

Please make a point of being connected to a local cell/ or home church or community church. You will quickly have wads of opportunity to connect with people and make like-minded friends. 

Churches also often have programs for singles, older folks or people who need additional support. And they're all part of our family, and they only don't know you're there and need them. Reach out and connect with your true family. 

Edit: I noted your comment about churches in your area, if you message me with where you are - I can put my cyberskills to use and see what opportunities I can find you in your area...

I see you're new here and I know you mean well, but if you were familiar with me you'd know I can't get around. I'm in bad shape. You need to read more posts to get to know a person.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 7/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, JTC said:

About 20 yrs I came to believe that no one dies unless God allows it. I know that can be hard to see but I think it's true. So I guess it was Linda's time to go. I'm starting to get used to her being gone, but she was a good friend even though I only knew her 2 weeks. I have to get past this so I gave up trying to learn how she died.

Thank you to everyone who responded. I certainly need online friends since I have none in person. I'll be posting again soon.

Hello JTC, Consoling a person who is grieving is a very difficult thing to do since losing someone is always a shock and tragedy to cope with.  Through faith, you can at least have the hope you did not lose this friend to death, but to eternal life instead. Pray as well for God to send you a new friend, who is compatible and perhaps even a fellow believer. 

As Debp already noted above, you will always have friends here as well to discuss things with you as you wish.

You are correct, no one dies unless it is God's will; our days are numbered.  I think this has to do with the grief God has for each soul lost to sin and enables us to relate to His grief, and therefore His Love for us.

God heals all wounds. 

Psalm 147:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their [a]wounds.

Edited by RockyMidnight
Correction of content

5 hours ago, RockyMidnight said:

Hello JTC, Consoling a person who is grieving is a very difficult thing to do since losing someone is always a shock and tragedy to cope with.  Pray for her soul, so that, through faith, you can at least have the hope you did not lose this friend to death, but to eternal life instead. Pray as well for God to send you a new friend, who is compatible and perhaps even a fellow believer. 

As Debp already noted above, you will always have friends here as well to discuss things with you as you wish.

You are correct, no one dies unless it is God's will; our days are numbered.  I think this has to do with the grief God has for each soul lost to sin and enables us to relate to His grief, and therefore His Love for us.

God heals all wounds. 

Psalm 147:3 New King James Version (NKJV)

He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their [a]wounds.

RockyMidnight... I'm surprised you said pray for her soul.    Instead I would pray to the Lord saying oh I hope my friend is with you Lord....and then leave it in the Lord's hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually I've done what both RockyM and Deb said. I don't think we can be so sure of what God will do that we can know for a certainty. But I don't want to turn this post into an intellectual debate on what God does.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

Just saw this post,

Sorry JTC to hear the news, praying you keep on with the faith of Christ as your Strength and hope.

Praying in Christ Jesus, that you are not feeling so alone today.

In Christ Jesus Always

1to3

Edited by 1to3