Lost Another Friend to Death

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

This might sound not helpful. Jesu  said I call you friends. If we are called friends of Jesus and we are, then we are never alone with out friends. Pray to God that the friendship of the Lord will become ever more real. I felt his presence many times. And remember this age is shortly finish. Then the Lord will be here with all the saints. You and all of us will be with him in the new age. Our hope must be on him and not this world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

This is one of those I'm at a loss for any helpful words posts but will just post to let you know I am reading this thread. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

13 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Jut saw this post,

Sorry JTC to hear the news, praying you keep on with the faith of Christ as your Strength and hope.

Praying in Christ Jesus, that you are not feeling so alone today.

In Christ Jesus Always

1tol3

Here's an interesting fact. I have in my email this post before you edited it because it's very long. It was fine you shouldn't have edited it. You sound like you are in the same boat as me. I know I'm not the only one but I have a 2nd cousin who doesn't know. This guy is 37 and his mother died a yr ago while his father died 4 yrs ago. He also lost a few Aunts & Uncles so he feels very alone. He's not a Christian and I don't know what he believes concerning God. He's probably quite confused. He seems to think that it's extremely rare to lose 4 or 5 people in a few yrs to death. However, I knew it isn't because this happened in my father's family back in the 1970's. Within 3 yrs we lost 4 of the members and 1 was my father. You do learn as you get older, at least I did. If I was younger, in better health, or still had a car, I'd be able to find a church within an hour ride, but I have none of those things. Maybe you don't neither. I just wanted to tell you that I appreciated what you shared with me. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/7/2018 at 7:39 AM, JTC said:

I just wanted to tell you that I appreciated what you shared with me. 

Hi JTC, thank you for telling me this ,  I am glad you got to read it as it was meant for you and also meant to encourage you and let you know that you are not alone.

Best wishes in Christ Jesus Always.

1to3

Edited by 1to3

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, JTC said:

I see you're new here and I know you mean well, but if you were familiar with me you'd know I can't get around. I'm in bad shape. You need to read more posts to get to know a person.

Oh, I'm sorry, you appeared to be asking for help.  I misunderstood your intent.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

2 hours ago, Angelfishie said:

Oh, I'm sorry, you appeared to be asking for help.  I misunderstood your intent.

I know you wanted to help. As I said you're new here so you don't know me. Between my walking disability as well as not owning a car I can't go hardly any where. So even if you found a nice church online I wouldn't be able to get to it. The only church is I can get to is a Catholic one which isn't so bad, I went there a few times. I was raised Catholic but left when I was 18. IMO many Catholic people are just as godly as we are. Many love God and they obey Him in the way they were taught to. (this gets into whether or not God is a legalistic and I say no) However, my problem is when I go in a Catholic church and I see all those statues I don't believe they should be there. I guess this takes my mind off God and onto things the average Catholic doesn't even know about. I struggle with this because I know the important thing is a person's relationship with God not how the person expresses it. (I know also, that in OT times God treated the ancient people differently, He demanded they worship Him as He told them through Moses and the prophets. But times have changed and I think God is way above our little minds) Stick around Angelfishie and you'll get to know some of us. The apology wasn't necessary but it showed your heart, which is a good one. ☺️

• Thumbs Up 2