IGNORED

Islamist Violence against Christians in Uganda Injures Pastors, Stops Church Services

WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,288
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - In further anti-Christian hostilities in eastern Uganda, Muslims knocked a pastor unconscious at a debate and Islamist threats in another village put a halt to worship services.

Threats by Muslims in Mazuba village, Namutumba District, stopped worship services in a half-constructed church building and led the pastor to send his children to another town, he said.

“The church members are now living in great fear for their lives and have stopped attending church services,” pastor Maseruwa Budallah told Morning Star News. [ Source: Morningstar News (Read More...) ]

The post Islamist Violence against Christians in Uganda Injures Pastors, Stops Church Services appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be save,” (Mark 13:13)

“The Beast will be given authority to crush the saints of God and to crush every tribe, every tongue and person,” (Revelation 13:7)

“Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution,” (2 Timothy 3:12)

“Since therefore Christ suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves with the same way of thinking, for whoever has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,” (1 Peter 4:1)

“Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you,” (Matthew 5:12)

“But just as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so also it is now,” (Galatians 4:29),

“And we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure;” (1 Corinthians 4:12)

“Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you,” (1 Peter 4:12-14)

“Consider Him (Jesus) who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted,” (Hebrews 12:3),

“More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.” (Romans 5:3-4)

“I Count all things lost but knowing Jesus, for whom I have discarded all things that I may gain Christ” (Philippians 3:8) 

“As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord,” (James 5:10)

“Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body,” (Hebrews 13:3)

“Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me,” (Luke 9:23)

“Endure persecution patiently, keep faith in God and hold fast to the testimony of Jesus,” (Revelation 14:12)

“You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God,” (James 4:4)

“Who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life,” (Mark 10:30)

“If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” (John 15:19)

“I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world,” (John 16:33), 

“They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God,” (John 16:2)

“and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him” (Romans 18:7)

“Strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God,” (Acts 14:22)

“that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,” (Philippians 3:10)

“If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;” (2 Timothy 2:12) 

“By your endurance you will gain your lives,” (Luke 21:19)

“choosing rather to endure ill-treatment with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin,” (Hebrews 11:12) 

“For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God,” (1 Peter 2:20)

“but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name,” (1 Peter 4:16) 

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven,” (Matthew 5:10)

“"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me,” (Matthew 5:11) 

“You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved,” (Matthew 10:22) 

“He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it,” (Matthew 10:39) 

“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!,” (Luke 6:22)

“Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours,” (John 15:20),

“For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain,” (Philippians 1:21)

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? No, nothing can separate us from the love of God,” (Romans 8:35)

“And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong,” (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved,” (Matthew 24:9-13)

“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or farms for My name's sake, will receive many times as much, and will inherit eternal life,” (Matthew 19:29) 

“For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh,” (2 Corinthians 4:11) 

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing,” (James 1:2-5)

“For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,” (Phillipians 1:28) 

“Join me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus,” (2 Timothy 2:3) 

“Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them,” (Romans 12:14)

“We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death is at work in us, but life in you.” (2 Corinthians 4:8-12).