IGNORED

Site Scientific Supporting Advancement for Intelligent Design!

RockyMidnight

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

I came across this site recently and was delighted to see an organization dedicated to advancing Intelligent Design scientifically. While such an effort must rely on the participant's own understanding of this world and the laws of nature as ordained by God it never the less seems a worthwhile resource for defending the faith against those "intellectually" in denial of God's Glory and Truth.

For those interested, please check it out and decide for yourselves if this is a worthwhile venture. I did a search here in Worthy tio see if it has already been mentioned, but had no results, so this is a new potential resource to these forums.

https://www.discovery.org/id/about/

Cheers!!!:)

Edited by RockyMidnight
typo

3 hours ago, Cletus said:

I expect to see more and more of stuff like this as time passes as God does not desire that any should perish. 

It's a start perhaps Cletus. They of course "separate" themselves from creation to be politically correct, but that is required I guess to attract those immersed in their own understanding. Surprisingly this is nothing new, just getting new attention because of new discoveries.

Cheers Cletus!:)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

On 7/17/2018 at 8:47 AM, RockyMidnight said:

I came across this site recently and was delighted to see an organization dedicated to advancing Intelligent Design scientifically. While such an effort must rely on the participant's own understanding of this world and the laws of nature as ordained by God it never the less seems a worthwhile resource for defending the faith against those "intellectually" in denial of God's Glory and Truth.

For those interested, please check it out and decide for yourselves if this is a worthwhile venture. I did a search here in Worthy tio see if it has already been mentioned, but had no results, so this is a new potential resource to these forums.

Discovery Institute has been active for decades. A high majority of the people affiliated with DI believe in a universe and earth much older than the 6,000-10,000 years that Young Earth Creationists believe, so it won't be real popular with most individuals here. I agree with them that a random, unguided evolution is not the best explanation for life as we see it. I believe in evolution as God's tool, not as an explanation by itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Discovery Institute has been active for decades. A high majority of the people affiliated with DI believe in a universe and earth much older than the 6,000-10,000 years that Young Earth Creationists believe, so it won't be real popular with most individuals here. I agree with them that a random, unguided evolution is not the best explanation for life as we see it. I believe in evolution as God's tool, not as an explanation by itself.

Hello One.Opinion. I don't mean it to be popular, but instead a resource some of us might be interested in knowing about. I've been "active" for more decades then Discovery Institute has!:laugh: This is the first time I have become aware of it though. I'm sure there others.

Cheers One.Opinion!!! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, RockyMidnight said:

Stephen C. Meyer is the only name I recognize connected to this website.  I have one of his books on DNA that I want to read soon.

Edited by Saved.One.by.Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, RockyMidnight said:

Hello One.Opinion. I don't mean it to be popular, but instead a resource some of us might be interested in knowing about. I've been "active" for more decades then Discovery Institute has!:laugh: This is the first time I have become aware of it though. I'm sure there others.

Cheers One.Opinion!!! :)

I think the point is: DI institute and ID scientific proponents support old earth, and the science behind it.

If that is the case, and you are YEC, how do you trust them when they can make errors of several orders of magnitude for something as mundane as the origin of earth?

:) siegi :)

Edited by siegi91

2 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

I think the point is: DI institute and ID scientific proponents support old earth, and the science behind it.

If that is the case, how do you trust them when they can make errors of several orders of magnitude for something as mundane as the origin of earth?

:) siegi :)

Hello Siegi91! Great to see you here again! I don't trust them per say. Again they simply are a resource I thought others here might be interested in knowing about. Personally, I don't trust any resource that claims any philosophy or science that at the very least will not even consider the option for creation by intelligent design, and definitely none that totally ignore Biblical Creation outright.  It is blatant ignorance that is completely unreasonable, even irrational, and therefore totally contrary to any endeavor concerned with finding truth. JMHO of course!

Cheers Siegi91!!!:)

• Thumbs Up 1