IGNORED

Not on Facebook?

Debp

Hi

I am on facebook and it is a very good way to be in touch with people. However, it is important to be discerning and security conscious. Plenty of dangers. The biggest in my view is disclosing too much about yourself and wasting your time on it. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Years ago before I understood people had "friends" on Facebook, my young cousin told me she had 121 friends!   My mom and I were trying to figure out how she had so many friends!   She lived in a very small town!   Finally in later years I figured out she meant Facebook friends!:rofl:

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I'm am working in my shop and took a break. Spent two minuets searching for the above. There are bu cu more sites without even trying. About a month ago, I posted about the similarities to heroin. So easy to find data. (If you're really looking/concerned)  Kinda like if you can have only a couple of drinks, it's OK. To an alcoholic. Most of my friends do FB. I'm too old to make my personal data public. I still understand shame. But to me, FB is making it so easy to belong to/addicted to a heard, with heard instinct. Does it seem to you interesting how few there are that think for themselves. Anymore. Just like trying to tell/share the lost about the good news, I'm simply sharing what my observations are. A warning. From an old coot.....default_cool2.gif.783281a23f8fa8ba2489650e4abb1fdc.gif................back to those cabinets

PS     YES, there are those who can handle it, as many use it for business. I know it's what you make of it. Just a shared little warning....

interestingly, I don't have any friends who share their personal things or their posts with the public.    I do have/did have a different account that discussed Islam openly, but after getting a couple of death threats a week I decided to drop it...…     you can do things on facebook that is dangerous, but it doesn't have to be.....    facebook is simply a tool that you can use to bring people and ideas together.     I do have a couple of friends that I do like greatly that share the things they do during the week, but 90% of it is more like what we do here at worthy....   discuss things going on in the world...…    and as far as time, I have spent much more time on Worthy than I have facebook not counting the past three months.

Not everyone is an airhead millennial that just uses FB to share their daily lives....   and to treat all of us as that is simply not right to do.  Right now I am writing you and listening to the Hagman Report that I got the URL from a friend who posted it on my news feed for they knew I'd be interested in it.

Edited by other one

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

well at first several years ago FB was ok overall. i had gotten along with everyone except a few classmates.

I left for a couple years and then returned. Things seemed to have really changed at that point. Several of my friends weren't there anymore.There was too much competition like who has the house, car and children. Sometimes I wasn't being myself either. That's because I was trying to figure out how to get others to post on my page.  A number of people were lying saying they were busy and finding out it wasn't true. That's because they chatting with other  friends and posting pictures all day. I also caught them giving likes without even reading what I posted.

I had it with that place and left for good. Also mark Zuckenburg founder of FB is still in trouble with the FBI July 2018. Donald Trump was trying to buy data info to help him win the election. That's why the singer and actress Cher left, co founder of Apple left and plenty of others as well. They put in a new privacy system and well it's just too late. They already stole a bunch of information anyways. Just in case you didn't know Instagram is affiliated with FB. I don't recommend Christians to go to FB anymore.

A place like Worthy is a better place to be with friends IMO.

11 minutes ago, FollowtheLight19 said:

well at first several years ago FB was ok overall. i had gotten along with everyone except a few classmates.

I left for a couple years and then returned. Things seemed to have really changed at that point. Several of my friends weren't there anymore.There was too much competition like who has the house, car and children. Sometimes I wasn't being myself either. That's because I was trying to figure out how to get others to post on my page.  A number of people were lying saying they were busy and finding out it wasn't true. That's because they chatting with other  friends and posting pictures all day. I also caught them giving likes without even reading what I posted.

I had it with that place and left for good. Also mark Zuckenburg founder of FB is still in trouble with the FBI July 2018. Donald Trump was trying to buy data info to help him win the election. That's why the singer and actress Cher left, co founder of Apple left and plenty of others as well. They put in a new privacy system and well it's just too late. They already stole a bunch of information anyways. Just in case you didn't know Instagram is affiliated with FB. I don't recommend Christians to go to FB anymore.

A place like Worthy is a better place to be with friends IMO.

Worthy does not have private groups....    much of the things we share with old friends on FaceBook I would not want to post here for the entire world to be able to see.....      I don't post publically on FaceBook, but unless we use PM's that is the case here.....     And in case you think it doesn't matter, I have received death threats from some of the things I've posted here about Islam.....    not the case with FaceBook since I stopped posting publically.   Facebook is what you want to make it...   but I would suggest people choose their friends wisely, just as in the real world.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

3 minutes ago, other one said:

Worthy does not have private groups....    much of the things we share with old friends on FaceBook I would not want to post here for the entire world to be able to see.....      I don't post publically on FaceBook, but unless we use PM's that is the case here.....     And in case you think it doesn't matter, I have received death threats from some of the things I've posted here about Islam.....    not the case with FaceBook since I stopped posting publically.   Facebook is what you want to make it...   but I would suggest people choose their friends wisely, just as in the real world.

You are right you can make choices in the world. Maybe your page and list were better than mine. But my class of '90 was the worst class I have ever seen in my life. I tried to invite most anyone from my area no matter what happened in the past. I didn't share the Bible unless someone wanted to hear it.  At my schools when they hate you they hate you for life. Not only on FB but others from California stopped being my friends also. I know you don't know me other one but if you an email contact I could explain better why they did this to me.

5 hours ago, FollowtheLight19 said:

You are right you can make choices in the world. Maybe your page and list were better than mine. But my class of '90 was the worst class I have ever seen in my life. I tried to invite most anyone from my area no matter what happened in the past. I didn't share the Bible unless someone wanted to hear it.  At my schools when they hate you they hate you for life. Not only on FB but others from California stopped being my friends also. I know you don't know me other one but if you an email contact I could explain better why they did this to me.

Well my email is public here in my profile.    Sam@evans.org.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I've never been on Facebook.  From watching the experience of others on it, too much drama and not enough value. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, Debp said:

Wondering if there are others like me who are not on Facebook?

I guess some families like to share their photos that way...I can understand that.   But aren't there some negatives about being on that site?

I refuse to be on Facebook or have a Twitter account.  I don't like or trust the people in charge.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 7/17/2018 at 5:07 PM, Debp said:

Wondering if there are others like me who are not on Facebook?

I guess some families like to share their photos that way...I can understand that.   But aren't there some negatives about being on that site?

I've never liked FaceBorg. Seems like a waste of time.

• Thumbs Up 1