• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Non sequitur.  If someone makes a claim, in this case, that Ron Wyatt actually found the Ark of the Covenant, they have the burden of proof, just like in a court of law.  I do not have to prove the declaration false, or, in this case, prove that the Ark exists somewhere else.  The person claiming that it's discovery is real has to provide tangible proof. 

The Ark of the Covenant cannot be in Ethiopia.  That scenario would involve it being moved there before it was in the Temple during Josiah's reign, which is not possible.  I doubt they would have hidden it inside Jerusalem since they knew that the Babylonians would sack the city when it fell to the siege.  2 Maccabees account?  I actually find it the most credible, but I also half feel that the Ark was destroyed long ago.  It was not in the 2nd Temple and if it was not required for the 2nd Temple, it is not required for the 3rd Temple to be built.

The problem with most of these claims, especially Ron Wyatt's is there is nothing in them that even approaches a hint of actual archaeology.   Archaeology involves a distinct methodology and discipline, both of which are decidedly absent from the way Wyatt works.  An archaeologist doesn't go to a spot and just start digging holes.  Wyatt's approach is:

Dig, dig, dig.  This is where Jesus was crucified.  Must be because there are 3 holes in the ground.

Dig, dig, dig.  Looks like a cave.  Let's throw all this junk out of here.  Don't sift it.  Don't mark it.  Don't document what you find as you dig through the rubble that could be important.

Dig, dig, dig.  Hmm, looks like the Ark of the Covenant, but the pictures are blurry and my video camera won't work.  Mission accomplished.  Time to go home.

Nothing was documented except a few photographs that could have been taken anywhere with anyone.  Not proof.  Real archaeologists document everything, they take myriad pictures and they give other sources unrestricted access to their records after they are finished with the dig.  Ron Wyatt did none of these things.  You have the typical adventurer/mystery elements in his story that all of these kind of Indiana Jones flavor stories have.   Out of all the people on the entire Earth at that time, God picked Ron Wyatt to find the Ark and told him where to dig.   Every authority he asked for a permit to dig, supposedly cooperated fully and gave him the permits.  (They did not.)  He finds the exact spot Jesus was crucified after 1948 years.  Must be.  The holes are still there.  He finds a cave and inside is not only the Ark of the Covenant, but the Table of Shewbread, the Menorah, The Tabernacle from the Exodus, and lots of other neat stuff.  All in the same place.  What luck.  But that's not all!  The Ark has Jesus' blood on it too.   Ron can touch the Ark without being instantly killed, unlike everyone else in the Bible that touched it wrong.   And as an added bonus, anyone who tried to go into the same cave after Ron Wyatt was there all died . . .  Why yes, call me somewhat skeptical.

You're skeptical somewhat, my middle name .. Peace Bro

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, brujaq said:

We are the temples of God,  the next Jewish temple means nothing

and we have the Holy Spirit so we don't need the ark for God to communicate with us....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Davida said:

True faith the kind that sticks  doesn't come by any physical means in my view, never has.  I do not believe  any physical evidence has any power to convince anyone or the Bible would have told us that- and GOD would have provided physical evidence & artifacts from the beginning continuously but, the bible certainly doesn't speak of physical evidence convincing anyone,  but by hearing God's word.  I think it more has to do with the soil as to whether the seed takes hold as the parable of the sower. No amount of physical evidence will change a heart or mind. The Bible tells us the Word of God is sharper then a two-edged sword....discerning the thoughts and intentions of soul..." 

Romans 10:17 "16 But not all of them welcomed the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. 18 But I ask, did they not hear? Indeed they did: “Their voice has gone out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.”…

1 Cor 1:18 "18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”…"

Mark 4: 5

The Parable of the Sower
…4 As he was sowing, some seed fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured it. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. 6 But when the sun rose, the seedlings were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.…

Hebrews 4: 12 "12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it PIERCES even to dividing soul and spirit,joints and marrow. It is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.…

Davida

Some people need a strong nudge to wake up.  We are living in the end times, so there is not a lot of time left.  Every one's situation is different.  Some are born in countries where their belief system says that the bible is just made up, but they have pondered over it, wondering in their hearts.....so it's for them also, a little concrete evidence to show these events really happened so that they can look into it further and find the true God of the holy bible.  A little wake-up call, and a nudge in the right direction because time is running out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Davida said:

The whole point is it is bogus claims and Nothing but tickles some ears. Ron presents unreliable, unvalidated claims  & only creates doubt more then any belief. This does Not "nudge" people or  wake people up to repentance. It is a worldly scavenging at best for his own notoriety and brings no one to repentance- God's Word does that. IT is giving God's Word & time in prayer for people's hearts to be prepared for HEARING the Message of the Gospel that Saves. This is not my opinion, it is what the Bible states. 

I was unsaved for a LONG time for the exact reason that all the Christians who crossed my path were weak in scripture & had no knowledge of the doctrines of Christianity & no grasp of the full meaning  of the Gospel message --therefore No Christian gave to me the whole literal Biblical gospel TRUTH & when I DID hear it FINALLY  _IT made sense-I was convicted and repented -giving evidence to GOD's Word that says as I said before , "Faith comes by hearing...." 

Most excellent post..  :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

And I got stuck working in a crew with an Atheist who knew the Bible better than most Christians, evolution talking points, anything anti-christ and hunted Christians out to hound them who didn't know better , any point he tried to make with me I crushed him and kept him under foot but politely , I was his best/only friend though inside I didn't want him around me , yes I even laid some ron wyatt on him when those subjects come up .. I nicknamed him ''devilboy'' I offered to lead him to the Lord many times during moments he stopped and thought but he was still too hard and stubborn hopefully he got saved but the last time I saw him he payed me the best compliment I ever had completely out of his character .. Same thing with some street ''goths'' one night I was answering questions so much I couldn't get away from them they kept stopping me which I knew . What I remember was the one who did most of the talking asked me if he smacked me would I turn the other cheek, I  said son if you smack me because you were offended by the Word of God, yes, then pointed and said but if you smack because you think I'm weak I'll backhand you and all you buddies across that road, over the sidewalk, and up those courthouse steps

Edited by brujaq