How can/why does God love ME?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The more I read the Bible and listen to worship music and such I seem to get this picture of God as a being who loves his children so much he’ll chase them to the ends of the earth to save them. My question is HOW can an infinite creator that created all of us possible have some special love for ME and be paying attention to ME and trying to lead ME to salvation. Like...it seems to be a pervasive image of God ESPECIALLY in modern worship music. So, aside from the lost sheep parable, what biblical basis is there for this image of God? I WANT to believe this image of God. It would be so comforting. Thanks! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Joh 3:16  "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Joh 3:17  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

When one comes to the Cross all doubt of the love of God for us ceases...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

9 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

The more I read the Bible and listen to worship music and such I seem to get this picture of God as a being who loves his children so much he’ll chase them to the ends of the earth to save them. My question is HOW can an infinite creator that created all of us possible have some special love for ME and be paying attention to ME and trying to lead ME to salvation. Like...it seems to be a pervasive image of God ESPECIALLY in modern worship music. So, aside from the lost sheep parable, what biblical basis is there for this image of God? I WANT to believe this image of God. It would be so comforting. Thanks! 

I have more than one child. They each need my time and effort. Sometimes one response is good for all children, other times, unique responses are required. The God who has names for every star and every hair on your head has blessed interactions waiting for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

Well i don't think i can quote any specific verse that shows that level of love but i think the Bible reveals a God who is perfect..  Now a God who is perfect will have an attribute of being perfect in Love... So when we think about that we can come to realize that the Love of God is far more powerful then our most loving experiences or abilities.. Our love is for the most part faulty compared to God.. Maybe it is even an insult to even compare the quality of our love to His perfect love..

So for me when i think about the Perfection of God and the perfect love of God it does not surprise me that He would care about me to the extent of chasing me to the ends of the earth and if i had a space ship to the ends of the Galaxy :D  .. Too often we humanize God thinking of Him as being another limited human being.. But once we truly see Him as being God we can start to appreciate how He can deal with us as His most precious Creations .. Loving us with a pure intensity beyond our understanding..  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

13 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

Hi Tyler, One day after hearing Jesus loves me for so long who I fought or brushed off so long I finally slowed down and recognized who I was fighting I had been wrong .. He called me often as time went, but one day I realized what he offered was right and good in spite of myself .. There was no reason for me to fight anymore so I believed and become chosen because I finally chose him .. Millions of Christians become saved because of the testimony of others and the reality of the presence of God .. If you have a hunger and thirst for what's right in spite of yourself then Jesus is your Guy .. Many folks seek Jesus for many reasons, my main reason was I just got sick and tired of being sick and tired with chasing things in life or trampling people for satisfaction when it suited me .. What a fool I was then but now with Jesus I am free from all that and can actually love folks from my heart . I love Jesus and the Word he has give us even though I still fall short at times .. It has not always been easy but how else could we ever know the mind of Christ if we don't share a bit of the suffering he went through that we can know this great love he has for us ? Today I am grateful for every hardship I ever went through on Jesus and others account and wouldn't trade them for anything as he brought me through .. Let alone the great blessings and victories ..  But God has no grandchildren, only sons and daughters, besides that we can never know in the flesh this great love he actually has for us, our spirit in our flesh bodies can only catch glimpses  of the revelation he has in store for us .. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, the same standard for all .. It can be as small as a mustard seed or as big as the tree it produces or in between somewhere .. The limits are not with God, only us ..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

This is THE great mystery, for me.

If I were God, you'd all be fairly well barbequed by now. The only thing left is to select the best sauce.

The first sentence is a serious one. A great way for me to try to understand the concept, though, is to consider my love for my pets or my children. Do they deserve it? Are they "something special"?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 7/18/2018 at 12:11 AM, Tyler S. said:

Don't be surprised if the church has no idea what it's doing. I suggest focusing on learning how to hear jesus speak to you, and follow his commands from there. God only loves those who love him. If you don't love him, he's not going to chase you to the ends of the earth, he's just going to put you in hell. All of that contemporary stuff is bull#@$&.

Edited by Archangel Thyos