I’m troubled

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

As a younger individual, I’m worried about when “enjoying life” crosses over into “loving worldliness.” An example would be: we may be moving to a nicer home/area soon and I’m excited. Is me being excited to move to a nicer house “loving worldliness?” I recognize that this good point in my life is a blessing from God and I certainly have thanked him for it...but I feel guilty for my excitement. This is just one example. Getting any new thing, meeting a cool new person, achieving something in life...and being happy about it. Is that happiness sinful? This is really getting at me. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

As a younger individual as well, I see it as a matter of scales. Which is higher on the scale, the new home or the Lord? So long as you keep the scale tilted in favor of the Lord, having joy and giving thanks for your new home is of no issue, I would think.

It's good to be vigilant about these things. Whether someone is young or old, complacency can be anyone's downfall.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

18 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

As a younger individual, I’m worried about when “enjoying life” crosses over into “loving worldliness.” An example would be: we may be moving to a nicer home/area soon and I’m excited. Is me being excited to move to a nicer house “loving worldliness?” I recognize that this good point in my life is a blessing from God and I certainly have thanked him for it...but I feel guilty for my excitement. This is just one example. Getting any new thing, meeting a cool new person, achieving something in life...and being happy about it. Is that happiness sinful? This is really getting at me. Any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Sounds like you need to read some more of the Book of Proverbs. Happy home, happy wife, happy life. 

Are you going into big debt for the new house? Are you squandering money on a giant house or adding bedrooms for when children come along? Are you proud and vain of your house, which will burn in the fire that's coming, or simply grateful to God for an abundant life in a nice neighborhood?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

3 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Sounds like you need to read some more of the Book of Proverbs. Happy home, happy wife, happy life. 

Are you going into big debt for the new house? Are you squandering money on a giant house or adding bedrooms for when children come along? Are you proud and vain of your house, which will burn in the fire that's coming, or simply grateful to God for an abundant life in a nice neighborhood?

Well I wouldn’t really know about the money aspect as I’m at the mercy of my parents (who do love me and are trying to move the family into a nicer area). I do give God thanks for what I have! I’m just worried that my excitement is loving worldliness too much. I’m well aware that God means more to me than the house though. Thank you for the response!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Tyler S. said:

In all seriousness, don't worry. Be happy.

But keep It in context of what the bible says about this age and your purpose.

• Thanks 1