Jump to content
Heb 13:8

Three stages to the body of Christ

Recommended Posts

Ok, so there's three stages to the body of Christ when discussing end times events. The scriptures below are just a collection of what I've gathered. 

More than likely, there is probably more scriptures that coincide with the three stages and the travail of the body through cross reference. These passages are just the basics for now, but as long as we have the format or the outline it can make algebra look like addition.

1. Corporate conception of the church - Acts 2:1-4/Matt 1:20 (Example of Holy Spirit conception)
2. Individual conception in the believer - John 3:16, Rom 10:9, Eph 1:13-14 (Seed Gal 3:19, Gal 3:29, 1Pe 1:23, 1Jo 3:9)
3. Corporate birth of the church - 1 Cor 15:50-54, 1 Thess 4:13-18, Rev 12:5

After the conception of the church at Pentecost, whenever someone comes to faith in Christ that person gets placed into the body of Christ. For 2,000 years, His body has been in gestation growing ever so larger until the body gets to what is called a full term pregnancy. Full term is anywhere between 37 to 42 weeks, via Jupiter in the body of Virgo for 42 weeks completing the Rev 12:1-5 great sign in its awesome perfection and form. 

God is using the human conception/gestation/birth story to describe His story of the divinity of the church age. Just as a child's head comes out first prior to the body, so it is with Jesus (the head of the church) ascending to heaven first prior to the body, Col 1:18...

Isa 53:11 - Jesus body in travail
Rom 8:22-25 - the body of Christ groans for their resurrected bodies
1 Cor 15:8 - Paul feels abnormally born without resurrected body
1 Cor 15:50-54/2 Cor 5:1-5 - Mortal/Immortal/Swallowed up
2 Cor 5:1-5 - the body of Christ groans for their resurrected bodies
Gal 4:19 - Paul relates travail in birth to not being formed yet

Hopefully, I've made this as easy as possible to discern. This is probably one of the most complex topics in relation to end times, but once it clicks in your mind and you see the bigger picture you will see it like a blind man opening his eyes for the first time.

Sometimes tradition isn't always right, Jhn 20:29.

I wanted to make the OP as basic as possible and not to overwhelm you in the beginning. If you have any questions let me know. God bless you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

For 2,000 years, His body has been in gestation growing ever so larger until the body gets to what is called a full term pregnancy.

Are you talking about numerical increase or spiritual growth as per the exhortation in these verses?

Eph 4:11-16
(11)  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12)  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13)  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(14)  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Are you talking about numerical increase or spiritual growth as per the exhortation in these verses?

Eph 4:11-16
(11)  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
(12)  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
(13)  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
(14)  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
(15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
(16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplies, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, makes increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Numerical increase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 10:59 AM, Heb 13:8 said:

Numerical increase.

I noticed few were interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

I noticed few were interested.

Yes, the majority of the world doesn't care, and the church is blind to the truth of conception, gestation and birth. 🙁

Matt 24:38-39 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Yes, the majority of the world doesn't care, and the church is blind to the truth of conception, gestation and birth. 🙁

Matt 24:38-39 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

What exactly was Jesus' point about Noah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iamlamad said:

What exactly was Jesus' point about Noah?

The ark in the end times is the rapture. Jesus is saying it'll be business as usual in the Grace period. The rapture will catch the world off guard like a thief. 10/10/18 is a high watch time for rapture because Rev 12:1 will take place, via the true Feast of Trumpets. The Lord is the good thief..

Matt 24:42-44 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

1 Thess 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The ark in the end times is the rapture. Jesus is saying it'll be business as usual in the Grace period. The rapture will catch the world off guard like a thief. 10/10/18 is a high watch time for rapture because Rev 12:1 will take place, via the true Feast of Trumpets. The Lord is the good thief..

Matt 24:42-44 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

1 Thess 5:2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Notice how verse 38 begins: FOR.....Jesus is going to tell us why He brought up Noah. They were living life to the fullest until THE DAY....Jesus point is the SUDDENNESS of their destruction: the entire population (some think billions of people) woke up one morning thinking this day would be no different than the day before - but they all died. 

He made the very same point with Lot: His point again, the suddenness of the destruction: in one day.  Jesus brings it down to an hour. One hour people will think the next hour will be just like it was the day before. They will be surprised. It will be an hour of rapture, then destruction. For  His coming as shown in Rev. 19, it will be a normal hour until He lightens the sky as lightning and engages in the battle of Armageddon.  I suspect that is when He sends out the angels for the parable of the tares. 

I think we are agreed on the suddenness of His coming! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, iamlamad said:

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Notice how verse 38 begins: FOR.....Jesus is going to tell us why He brought up Noah. They were living life to the fullest until THE DAY....Jesus point is the SUDDENNESS of their destruction: the entire population (some think billions of people) woke up one morning thinking this day would be no different than the day before - but they all died. 

He made the very same point with Lot: His point again, the suddenness of the destruction: in one day.  Jesus brings it down to an hour. One hour people will think the next hour will be just like it was the day before. They will be surprised. It will be an hour of rapture, then destruction. For  His coming as shown in Rev. 19, it will be a normal hour until He lightens the sky as lightning and engages in the battle of Armageddon.  I suspect that is when He sends out the angels for the parable of the tares. 

I think we are agreed on the suddenness of His coming! 

How can the suddenness be at His Second coming when those in the 70th week can count down the 1260+1260 days on a calender?? The suddenness is the rapture, not His Second Coming. "People were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage" is not describing God's wrath in the 70th week, it's describing the Grace period in which we are in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, Heb 13:8 said:

Ok, so there's three stages to the body of Christ when discussing end times events. The scriptures below are just a collection of what I've gathered. 

More than likely, there is probably more scriptures that coincide with the three stages and the travail of the body through cross reference. These passages are just the basics for now, but as long as we have the format or the outline it can make algebra look like addition.

1. Corporate conception of the church - Acts 2:1-4/Matt 1:20 (Example of Holy Spirit conception)
2. Individual conception in the believer - John 3:16, Rom 10:9, Eph 1:13-14 (Seed Gal 3:19, Gal 3:29, 1Pe 1:23, 1Jo 3:9)
3. Corporate birth of the church - 1 Cor 15:50-54, 1 Thess 4:13-18, Rev 12:5

After the conception of the church at Pentecost, whenever someone comes to faith in Christ that person gets placed into the body of Christ. For 2,000 years, His body has been in gestation growing ever so larger until the body gets to what is called a full term pregnancy. Full term is anywhere between 37 to 42 weeks, via Jupiter in the body of Virgo for 42 weeks completing the Rev 12:1-5 great sign in its awesome perfection and form. 

God is using the human conception/gestation/birth story to describe His story of the divinity of the church age. Just as a child's head comes out first prior to the body, so it is with Jesus (the head of the church) ascending to heaven first prior to the body, Col 1:18...

Isa 53:11 - Jesus body in travail
Rom 8:22-25 - the body of Christ groans for their resurrected bodies
1 Cor 15:8 - Paul feels abnormally born without resurrected body
1 Cor 15:50-54/2 Cor 5:1-5 - Mortal/Immortal/Swallowed up
2 Cor 5:1-5 - the body of Christ groans for their resurrected bodies
Gal 4:19 - Paul relates travail in birth to not being formed yet

Hopefully, I've made this as easy as possible to discern. This is probably one of the most complex topics in relation to end times, but once it clicks in your mind and you see the bigger picture you will see it like a blind man opening his eyes for the first time.

Sometimes tradition isn't always right, Jhn 20:29.

I wanted to make the OP as basic as possible and not to overwhelm you in the beginning. If you have any questions let me know. God bless you.

Your mention of rev 12:5 jumped out at me. 

That is speaking of Israel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×